Windows 10: Windows 10 Search never works, Tried restarting cortana

Discus and support Windows 10 Search never works, Tried restarting cortana in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, Ever since i upgraded its been a regret of mine. I cant search anything by hitting "windows key" then typing anything. The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by azki23, Oct 12, 2015.

1. azki23 Win User

Windows 10 Search never works, Tried restarting cortana

Hey all,

Ever since i upgraded its been a regret of mine.

I cant search anything by hitting "windows key" then typing anything.

The only thing it will find is -
    dxdiag
    cmd
    msconfig

It wont even find paint, or notepad, or wordpad, calculator. Not to mention literally NONE of any of my installed
    applications, Its so frustrating.

Being used to Win7 search, Tap windows key, The second you press any key its showing results, Searches everything perfectly.

I've read around and heaps of people have this issue.

I tried restarting Cortana.
    Tried sorting the indexing out
    Tried deleting a registry key [ cant remember which one - followed a guide ]
    Also tried powershell and fetching "Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}"

Now im confused.

My windows is up to date. But still. Search is completely useless....

Please tell me theres an easy fix that i've missed? *Sad

All help kindly appreciated!

:)

azki23, Oct 12, 2015
  2. Vivisum Win User

Windows 10 search not working service-specific error code - 1906441725

My Windows 10 search feature is not working in Windows or Outlook. I tried to rebuild index, but my indexing is not running. I tried to restart Windows Search, but I received the error referencing service-specific error code - 1906441725. I have tried
    restarting Cortana, but that has not worked either. Any help is much appreciated.

Vivisum, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Windows problem with the taskbar

I have problem with my taskbar. The windows logo(start menu) is not working, the search bar, the wifi bar and the notifications... I tried restarting the pc, the cortana proces but nothing worked... I try to reset this pc option but it said an error and
    that it can't reset my pc.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Cortana & search

AndreyNikolov, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Search never works, Tried restarting cortana

1. Windows 10 Search never works, Tried restarting cortana - Similar Threads - Search never works

2. Cortana Never Works

in Cortana
    Cortana Never Works: Hey guys, My Cortana didn,t work If ya guys Know the solution please tell it to me as soon as possible Cortana don,t work, now search always tire me Problem Cortana don,t ever work Result Ended up, tiring search Can ya please tell me a solution to this problem?...
  3. Search and Cortana not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search and Cortana not working?: This has been an issue for me for a while but I usually ignore it because I can't seem to fix it, but here I am. Neither search or Cortana seem to even launch, clicking on the search icon on my taskbar does nothing, but I do notice Cortana's process pop up in task manager...
  4. Windows Search & Cortana not working in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search & Cortana not working in Windows 10.: From one day to another, windows search (also the search in the explorer) and cortana stop working. I tried these 5 solutiones but none work:...
  5. Cortana and search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana and search not working: After installing the latest update of windows with the latest apps, my C drive's storage space drastically decreased (assuming because of the windows old folder being created), along with the start button having a slow response and the cortana & search unable to function. I...
  6. Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working: After the Windows 10 update on March 12, 2019 last Tuesday, I noticed that the Cortana search is not working anymore. When I type some input letters on the Cortana search bar, Cortana only takes in and displays the first two letters I typed on the search bar every time. Then,...
  7. Cortana / Windows search is not working

in Cortana
    Cortana / Windows search is not working: I can not even type anything in the search box. I have tried every imaginable fix. I am thinking the only way to fix this might be a factory restore. I am at my wit's end. Any help would be sincerely appreciated....
  8. Cortana and search not working window 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and search not working window 10..: I am facing problems, and some of the inbuilt functions are also not functioning as expected. The Start Menu, Cortana and the Taskbar Search functions in Windows 10 operating system have been one of the most useful features that let me search any file without leaving the...
  9. Windows 10 Search (Cortana) Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search (Cortana) Not Working: Hi all So this is a well known issue with a magnitude of other users reporting it. I myself have experienced this on around 90% of all Windows 10 PC's I've worked on and configured/built so the problem is very prevalent and I'm at a loss to explain why this hasn't been...
  10. Cortana and Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search not working: Hey! Im new to this website so sorry if I do anything wrong, so my problem is, when i try to click cortana nothing opens and when i try to search nothing happens as well. I'm just clicking keys and it doesn't search. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks 63973