Windows 10: Windows 10 search not finding Control Panel items

Discus and support Windows 10 search not finding Control Panel items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows Key + "X" key will bring up the context menu that allows you to go to Control Panel. Settings is still a work in progress. Microsoft has stated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10sceptic, Sep 7, 2015.

1. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 search not finding Control Panel items

Windows Key + "X" key will bring up the context menu that allows you to go to Control Panel. Settings is still a work in progress. Microsoft has stated that everything from Control Panel will not be fully migrated over to Settings, until sometime late next year.

bro67, Sep 7, 2015
  2. puppydays Win User

oh thank you! That's really useful until search gets working

puppydays, Sep 7, 2015
  3. bro67 Win User
    I hardly use search. If I do, I do it from the File Explorer. The integration of Cortana into Windows Search has been a PITA. What I am doing when setting systems up is change the Indexing so that only the C: drive is fully searched, instead of just user folders.

I am getting a feeling that Cortana purposely is set up to go out to the Web, instead of it set up to ask if you want to just search the computer or search the web.

bro67, Sep 7, 2015
  4. rocmelon Win User

Press Windows Key + "X" key will bring up the context menu that allows you to go to Control Panel.
    Control panel > Admin Tools > Services > Double click windows search , in the dropdown box select Automatic & start OK

You know have your search box again

rocmelon, Dec 8, 2015
  5. puppydays Win User
    Windows 10 search not finding Control Panel items [​IMG]

this box right?
    I tried it and still doesn't work

puppydays, Dec 8, 2015
  6. spacedog Win User
    Did you manage to fix this problem? I used to have the behavior as the screenshot above and after Win10 Creators update it stops finding the control panels when I use the search box.

spacedog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 search not finding Control Panel items - Similar Threads - search finding Control

2. Windows 10 Search Does Not Find Any Settings or Control Panel Items

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Does Not Find Any Settings or Control Panel Items: This issue is an old issue, but all the older threads are locked, so I created a new one to share what worked for me. In my administrator account, I created a new Windows 10 user. You have the option of creating a local user so it doesn't require a Microsoft email address....
  3. Where are the old Control Panel items?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the old Control Panel items?: Does anyone know how i can get the old Control Panel applets/menus in Windows 10 like Display and Default Programs? I know how to get the old Personalisation settings, i just wondered where the rest of the Control Panel pages have gone. Also btw sorry for the terrible...
  4. Control Panel; MAIL item missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel; MAIL item missing: Windows10\1809.... The Control Panel...option "Mail" is missing. Its the option you click on and open to view your Mail "Profile". I am having issues with Outlook and need to open Control Panel\MAIL as it may be the cause of the Issue. Anyway to get MAIL back in...
  5. Windows Search Not Finding Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Not Finding Items: [img] Windows doesn't work correctly. I am trying to find OneDrive app but its only showing the folder. Any idea? By the way, i already tried to rebuild my search index but still doesn't work. 123134
  6. Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel

Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel: Hi Guys, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so I now have an item (Windows 7 Backup & Recovery) in my control panel. I'd like to know the GUID for this Windows 7 Backup & Recovery item. Is there a way I can achieve that? Regards, Andrew 51469
  7. Difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization

Difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization: Good evening, I've noticed a difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization between editions of Windows 10. My wife's laptop is running Windows 10 Home, and her personalization screen looks like this: [img] I'm running Windows 10...
  8. Cannot Open Items In Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Open Items In Control Panel: good day i just installed win 10 fall update and have run into one issue which is i cannot open most items in the control panel, rightclick on pc and clicking properties does not open the properties page, had to fix gpedit. i am assuming all of this in interrelated since i'm...
  9. Hide Specified Control Panel Items in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Specified Control Panel Items in Windows: How to: Hide Specified Control Panel Items in Windows [img] Information You can use Control Panel to change settings for Windows. These settings control nearly everything about how Windows looks and works, and you can use them to set up Windows so that it's just right for...
  10. List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10: How to: List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that you'll want to change can be found in the Settings app....