Windows 10: Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.

Discus and support Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons. in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 Search keeps showing old icons for all apps. If an app get an update with a new icon, the icon get refreshed automatically everywhere,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Naved Amin Anik, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.

Windows 10 Search keeps showing old icons for all apps. If an app get an update with a new icon, the icon get refreshed automatically everywhere, except Windows Search Box Result.Tried a lot of tweaks such as Resetting Windows Search through Powershell, Rebuilding Search Index, Rebuilding Icon cache, Saving thumbnail from Advanced System Settings but nothing worked. The icons won't refresh automatically after app updates. Though, Changing Text and Images from 100% to 125%>Restart>Change back from 125% to 100% refreshes the icons, but it is atemporary solution only. Icons don't get refreshed later after any app updates. Please help me with a permanent solution.

:)

Naved Amin Anik, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Windows Search Index (Icons refreshing)

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue that I believe has to do with Windows Search Index. The issue is that the icons are blinking/refreshing around every 30 seconds to a minute. The icons on the desktop, and the ones pinned to the taskbar refresh. If I disable the Windows Search service the issue stops. I've tried rebuilding the Search Index, but the issue still persists if I turn the service back on. Any possible thoughts?

Windows 10 x64 1903

rockstar8577, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.

1. Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons. - Similar Threads - Search refreshing old

2. windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search

in Cortana
    windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search: the app's icon has refreshed in start menu as well as in desktop after updating, but when using search next to the start menu, it still show the old icon, and the recent list is also the old icon.i have tried the solution of this...
  3. windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search: the app's icon has refreshed in start menu as well as in desktop after updating, but when using search next to the start menu, it still show the old icon, and the recent list is also the old icon.i have tried the solution of this...
  4. windows 10 app icon refreshed in start menu after updating but showing old icons in search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Solved windows 10 start icon refreshed after updating but showing old icons in search

in Cortana
    Solved windows 10 start icon refreshed after updating but showing old icons in search: It is because of old icon cache. For this we have to clear it. Use keyboard shortcut "windows + R" and the run window will appear then type or paste the command " %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\localstate\AppIconCache " and delete the folder...
  6. Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.: Windows 10 Search Box Result shows old icons for all apps. When apps No matter Microsoft Store apps or third-party apps get updated and get new icon, their icons refreshes everywhere except Search Box result. Tried Rebuilding search index, resetting Windows Search, Resetting...
  7. Windows Search Index (Icons refreshing)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Index (Icons refreshing): I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue that I believe has to do with Windows Search Index. The issue is that the icons are blinking/refreshing around every 30 seconds to a minute. The icons on the desktop, and the ones pinned to the taskbar refresh. If I disable the Windows...
  8. Windows 10 icons refreshing into a randomly moment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 icons refreshing into a randomly moment: Hello, why my taskbar icons are refreshing into a randomly moment? I've tried to: 1.Close, restart Explorer.exe 2.Run DSIM and /scannow 3.Rebuild icon database 4.Reinstall Start menu with Windows PowerShell(as admin) 5.Update my drivers 6.Close the feedback and...
  9. Windows 10 icons refreshing in taskbar

Windows 10 icons refreshing in taskbar: Hello, i have a problem. Into a randomly moment in taskbar the icons from him are refreshing, and i'm very upset. What can i do to resolve this problem? I've rebuilded the icon cache, i've restarted Explorer.exe, but nothing. What can I do?...
  10. Windows 10 icons refresh in taskbar

Windows 10 icons refresh in taskbar: Hi, why the icons in taskbar are refreshing into a randomly moment or when I copy something on clipboard? This is very stupid and I don't know why they are refreshing....