Windows 10: Windows 10 Search not showing the Email tab on some computers

Discus and support Windows 10 Search not showing the Email tab on some computers in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, Running into an issue for a specific user and we can't seem to figure out why she does not have the Email tab in the windows search box. We... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PhilW100, Jan 16, 2020.

1. PhilW100 Win User

Windows 10 Search not showing the Email tab on some computers

Hello,

Running into an issue for a specific user and we can't seem to figure out why she does not have the Email tab in the windows search box.

We are on the latest 1909 build. We are running the latest build of Office 365.

On my PC if I click the Search icon on the taskbar I get a screen that looks like this... What we are looking for is the Email tab that you see below.

Windows 10 Search not showing the Email tab on some computers 10bdd07b-4c25-4bc9-83e3-ff0e00801383?upload=true.jpg

On the users PC and also several other users in the office they do not have the Email tab at all, and it isn't listed under More. This happens on different build of Windows as well. Some users have it and some do not.

There has to be some sort of registry setting that will enable this? I have tried searching online but with the specific thing we are looking for I am not finding any way of adding it, or figuring out why it's not showing on some PCs

We have been though the Index settings and rebuild the index and made sure Outlook is being index.

Anyone have any idea how we can enable this on the PC's that are missing it?

Thanks!

:)

PhilW100, Jan 16, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Windows 10 Search not showing the Email tab on some computers partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Search not showing the Email tab on some computers

Windows 10 search does not search emails.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• Which email are you using? Is it the email client or the mail app?
    • Did you try the same after restarting the computer?
    • Did you install any third party Security applications?
    • When you say you tried repairing, which repair did you mention? Is it the inbuilt troubleshooter?
    I suggest you to run Search and Indexing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If you are using the mail app, I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Search not showing the Email tab on some computers

1. Windows 10 Search not showing the Email tab on some computers - Similar Threads - Search showing Email

2. Search is not showing some things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search is not showing some things: I notrice today that if I search something like discord it will only show but won't open. After restarting it is now only showing web results what happened?...
  3. Search is not showing some things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search is not showing some things: I notrice today that if I search something like discord it will only show but won't open. After restarting it is now only showing web results what happened?...
  4. Search is not showing some things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some emails only show when doing a search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some emails only show when doing a search: I have an "sbcglobal" email that on my computer will not show incoming emails for a period of time and then start again. For example I got several emails up to 8:04am. Then no new emails show in the inbox until 11:05 when new emails arrive. However, I know that I got email...
  6. Some emails only show when doing a search

Some emails only show when doing a search: I have an "sbcglobal" email that on my computer will not show incoming emails for a period of time and then start again. For example I got several emails up to 8:04am. Then no new emails show in the inbox until 11:05 when new emails arrive. However, I know that I got email...
  7. Search is not showing some things

in Cortana
    Search is not showing some things: I noticed today that when I search on windows 10 for example, Better Discord or Ds4 it used to show up with the app and I could open it and run it, but now even though they are both still on my system they don't show up when I search and only show web results instead....
  8. Search is not showing some things

Search is not showing some things: I noticed today that when I search on windows 10 for example, Better Discord or Ds4 it used to show up with the app and I could open it and run it, but now even though they are both still on my system they don't show up when I search and only show web results instead....
  9. Search is not showing some things

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Some Icons Not Showing in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Some Icons Not Showing in Windows Search: As far as I know right now, this is happening with three apps. Zoom, Razer Cortex, and Razer Synapse. When I search for them, I don't see their actual icons, just the default Windows app icon. While I can still open the apps from Search even though they don't show their...