Windows 10: Windows 10, Search not working after rebuilding index multiple times

Discus and support Windows 10, Search not working after rebuilding index multiple times in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Search is not working after I've rebuilt the index multiple times, made sure I had the latest updates, restarted the machine multiple times, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bbarton77, Feb 9, 2021.

1. bbarton77 Win User

Windows 10, Search not working after rebuilding index multiple times

Search is not working after I've rebuilt the index multiple times, made sure I had the latest updates, restarted the machine multiple times, and followed the directions I found in another similar question multiple times pasted below. Rebuilding the index takes about 4-5 days and then search will work for a week or two before it stops again. This is getting absurd. I need help to resolve this repetitive problem.

Instructions Iv'e followed:

My name is Abdirahman, I am an independent advisor and Windows 10 user. I am happy to help with your request

If you already updated the Windows 10 build 2004 or later, then please follow the link below to fix problems in Windows Search

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/452014...

If that didn't work then check one of the methods below and see if that works:-

Method 1:- Reindex Windows Search

- Hit "Windows Logo" and go to Settings then select "Search".
    - Scroll down, and navigate the “Advanced Search Indexer Settings”.
    - Indexing options wizard will appear; select Advanced.
    - Now click on the Rebuild button from the Troubleshooting field.
    - Once a confirmation pop saying “Rebuild Index” appears, select OK.
    - Wait until the indexing process gets completely over and then restart the machine.

Method 2:- Windows Search Troubleshooter

- Hit "Windows Logo" and go to "Update & Security".
    - Go to the left pane of the next page and select on Troubleshoot.
    - Click on Search and Indexing.
    - Choose Run the Troubleshooter from the extended pane

:)

bbarton77, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Indexing Won't Rebuild

Hi ShiraAbraham, Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you, please let me know if you have tried this already

-Press Windows key + I and open Update & Security.

-Select Troubleshoot and find Search and Indexing.

-Double-click on the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter to run it.

Wait for the scan to be completed.

If these steps did not help to fix “Search Indexing Was Turned Off” error, our last recommendation would be to rebuild the Search Indexing:

-Open Windows Search and type Indexing Options.

-Click on the first matching option to open it.

-Click Advanced and open Advanced Options.

-Select Rebuild and white while indexing will be rebuild from scratch.

JeremyCountings, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Windows 10, Search not working after rebuilding index multiple times

search dosn't work on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the
    Search and Indexing feature of Windows 10. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “ENTER”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Search and Indexing”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Method 2

I suggest you to rebuild search index. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X and click on Control Panel.
    • From the Control Panel window select Indexing Options.
    • Click the Advanced button. Note: access to this option requires the PC administrator's permissions.
    • Select Rebuild. Selecting Rebuild will begin the process of deleting and then rebuilding your PC's search index, remember this is a time consuming process.
    Method 3

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10, Search not working after rebuilding index multiple times

1. Windows 10, Search not working after rebuilding index multiple times - Similar Threads - Search working rebuilding

2. Windows Search Index rebuild time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Index rebuild time: Microsoft Windows Search Indexer was taking up unusually high CPU and power output on my windows 11 laptop. On an online forum, I read that if restarting the service doesn't work the best way is to rebuild the entire index.Now it's been almost 3 days since the search index...
  3. Windows Search Index rebuild time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Index rebuild time: Microsoft Windows Search Indexer was taking up unusually high CPU and power output on my windows 11 laptop. On an online forum, I read that if restarting the service doesn't work the best way is to rebuild the entire index.Now it's been almost 3 days since the search index...
  4. How to rebuild search index.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rebuild search index.: A while ago I deleted the search index in hopes that it would make folders contents load faster. It didn't, so I want to rebuild the index so that I can use the search feature. When I open the Indexing options, nothing is listed under Included Locations at all...
  5. How to rebuild search index.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rebuild search index.: A while ago I deleted the search index in hopes that it would make folders contents load faster. It didn't, so I want to rebuild the index so that I can use the search feature. When I open the Indexing options, nothing is listed under Included Locations at all...
  6. How to rebuild search index.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows search bar forgets indexing after restarting after rebuilding index

in Cortana
    Windows search bar forgets indexing after restarting after rebuilding index: Whenever I rebuild my indexer, windows search works well. But it doesn't search anything in some specific locations I'm not sure here if it does even search at all whenever I restart my PC. Then again if I rebuild the indexer, it again starts searching, but then again...
  8. How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you find that search results are missing, no longer valid, or incorrect, then […] This article How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Windows 10 search bar not working after rebuilding index and tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar not working after rebuilding index and tried everything: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zdvcmvujg3f41.jpg?width=833&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=de11c067a607db6dd6825c928ee21cbc49b00fb1 submitted by /u/KingoDenka [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ez8gan/windows_10_search_bar_not_working_after/
  10. Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 How to Reset and Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and runs as the Searchindexer.exe process in...