Windows 10: Windows 10 search not working – fix

Discus and support Windows 10 search not working – fix in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Searching through the Windows 7 taskbar was really fast and efficient. The Windows 10 version seems more problematic than the old one: sometimes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

Windows 10 search not working – fix

Searching through the Windows 7 taskbar was really fast and efficient. The Windows 10 version seems more problematic than the old one: sometimes it doesn’t find what we need, and sometimes the search box seems to be simply stuck and unresponsive. This may happen because of some service on the operating system, or because of [...]

The post Windows 10 search not working – fix appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Dec 1, 2018

2. FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Thanks for this and your step by step. My search for updates only took 10 minutes after your guide.

Spaceman Spiff, Dec 1, 2018
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Windows 10 search not working – fix

Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 search not working – fix

1. Windows 10 search not working – fix - Similar Threads - search working –

2. Windows 10 Search not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not working: Hi. When I'm trying to find something using Windows quick search or Windows + R it shows nothing. I can't search for applications or files, not even paint. [ATTACH]...
  3. Windows search is not working...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search is not working...: Hello guys, I have an issue with windows search process. So what exactly this issue is that if I turn on my windows search process in msconfig, it wont show up all my folders or This PC. Also if I run Indexing Options tab it shows Waiting to receive indexing options... But if...
  4. Cortana and search not working window 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and search not working window 10..: I am facing problems, and some of the inbuilt functions are also not functioning as expected. The Start Menu, Cortana and the Taskbar Search functions in Windows 10 operating system have been one of the most useful features that let me search any file without leaving the...
  5. Windows 10 Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search Not Working: I just wrote a thread, but somehow it didn't post, So I guess I gotta write it again. Anyway, my search menu isn't working. When I try to search something, all I get is a blank result box. Here's a screenshot: [img] 109622
  6. Windows 10 Search not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search not working.: So I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and ever since the windows search bar hasn't been working like it should. If I type in a program that's installed on my computer it wont show up. Literally nothing can be found when I type in an application thats installed on my PC. I've...
  7. Windows 10 Search windows not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Search windows not working: whenever I click on search windows nothing pops up I may have disabled it how can I enable it again? 13374
  8. Cortana search not work / Windows search not work / Not indexing

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search not work / Windows search not work / Not indexing: I tired of these things, every time when i try come in Windows 10 same bugs happened again and again. One of this - Cortana not indexing any new files, i tried restarting services, changing different folders, rebuilding indexing, making system scan, troubleshooting, nothing...
  9. Windows 10 search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search not working: Win 10 search is not working. I did get it to work by signing in as a local account and than back to signing in with a microsoft account. After a reboot it works. I wonder if it has something to do with Cortrana? Is there a way to reset or reinstall Win 10 search app? 11817
  10. Windows 10 Search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search doesn't work: Hi there The Search doesn't work properly whether done via Brink's method (using the Charms and getting the search bar up) or searching using the menu search. (You can use file explorer but if I just want to find a file I shouldn't have to use that given there IS a...