Windows 10: windows 10 search not working with NAS files, cannot find files on NAS in file explorer SOLVED

Discus and support windows 10 search not working with NAS files, cannot find files on NAS in file explorer SOLVED in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; this was a huge problem for my companyWIN 7 works fine with search, local and nasWIN 10 just cant seem to find anythingi dont know the logic of why the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bananabambooYEP, Apr 29, 2021.

1. windows 10 search not working with NAS files, cannot find files on NAS in file explorer SOLVED

this was a huge problem for my companyWIN 7 works fine with search, local and nasWIN 10 just cant seem to find anythingi dont know the logic of why the problem was fixed maybe someone could shed some lightone day when i was doing a fresh install of WIN 10 pro, i deactivated all the things windows asks for during the second to last step of installing windows once booting from your boot drive, NOT USB then the next WIN 10 asks you to configure cortana, click maybe lateronce your in create shortcut of your nas IP and i was able to find any files no problem no matter how deep the search was ,

:)

bananabambooYEP, Apr 29, 2021
  2. FlacZW Win User

File content search on external network (NAS)

Hello!

How can I extend file content search with (indows 10 on external networks (e.g. a NAS, Zwindows 10 search not working with NAS files, cannot find files on NAS in file explorer SOLVED :)?

Flac

ps we store our office files on NAS and not locally on our PCs

FlacZW, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Network attached storage (NAS)

OKAY... I get the laptop thru all the updates by using the troubleshooter. Now I still cannot see my NAS in file explorer BUT there is one file listed in quick access that is on the NAS. If I open file location I can see everything on the NAS (WOOHOO)
    but if I close file explorer and reopen it the NAS does not appear(?).

I am sure there is a small tweak that needs to be made but at least if I don't loose the quick access I will be able to access my files.

One step forward!!!!

Thanks,

Len

p.s. still working on the desktop windows 10 search not working with NAS files, cannot find files on NAS in file explorer SOLVED :(

LenKopecky, Apr 29, 2021
  4. mrbillz Win User

windows 10 search not working with NAS files, cannot find files on NAS in file explorer SOLVED

Win 10 Pro file explorer lockup opening NAS drives

greetings,

Win 10 pro upgrade from 8.1 pro on Hannspree netbook. Install went well, now when trying to access 2 different NAS boxes on my non domain network (simple workgroup setup) file explorer can't seem to access either of the drives, and when trying to abort the
    attempt, file explorer locks up for about 20 seconds. Somewhere in the process I picked up a persistent error that the temp file removal failed, and this now persists even after reboots.

Had no issues w/ NAS file access while under win 8.1. No config changes to either the NAS boxes or the win install that I have made. Also, no issues accessing from my other win 7 computers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

WRS

mrbillz, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 search not working with NAS files, cannot find files on NAS in file explorer SOLVED

1. windows 10 search not working with NAS files, cannot find files on NAS in file explorer SOLVED - Similar Threads - search working NAS

2. Explore searching NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explore searching NAS: I have a NAS which I have 3 drives on E F G Explorer sees all drives. 'However when I do a file search on G Explorer immediately returns message that “No r - Files match your search” I am looking for files such as. *.jpg or just any name. All files I know are on the drive. It...
  3. Explore searching NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explore searching NAS: I have a NAS which I have 3 drives on E F G Explorer sees all drives. 'However when I do a file search on G Explorer immediately returns message that “No r - Files match your search” I am looking for files such as. *.jpg or just any name. All files I know are on the drive. It...
  4. Moving files on a NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files on a NAS: HelloWhenever I move a file from my NAS into another folder on that same NAS it throws me this messageIt's not prohibiting me from doing anything but it does get annoying, does anyone have any fixes?Thanks...
  5. Moving files on a NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving files on a NAS: HelloWhenever I move a file from my NAS into another folder on that same NAS it throws me this messageIt's not prohibiting me from doing anything but it does get annoying, does anyone have any fixes?Thanks...
  6. Access files on NAS-drive through windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access files on NAS-drive through windows file explorer: Hi! Throughout the years I’ve had several different NAS-drives from different manufacturers connected to my home network, and on my computer which had windows 7 installed on it, I could always access all the files on my drives by simply clicking on the drive in the network...
  7. Windows Defender - NAS Files

Windows Defender - NAS Files: I hope this is going into the best category here. Using Windows 10. I have a Synology NAS. I download everything to it. So, I don't really want to disable Windows Defender (though I am open to switching to a different product, if there's one that handles this better). But,...
  8. File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device

File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device: Hi. We have a QNAP NAS device on our network that logs all activity. Our Windows pc's access the folders and files on the NAS via File Explorer. When a pc accesses a folder on the NAS, the log indicated that that pc has READ all the ini (and ico and lnk) files of all the...
  9. Can't access NAS files in file explorer

Can't access NAS files in file explorer: Hi, I have a small home office with two computers. I decided to invest in a NAS so that the two computers have access to the same files. The newer computer, a lenovo AIO, had no problem connecting to the nas through a network switch which both computers are connected to,...
  10. Cannot access files on Nas

Cannot access files on Nas: On 1803 (latest update) & 1809 I cannot access files on my nas or connect to my Nas web gui with jumbo frames enabled. This is happening on Intel & Realtek nic's. This had been working on all machines until the latest update Win10 Pro and Home. Disabling jumbo frames...