Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello all, I could really use some help. Every time I search in the task bar, or in IE, Edge, or Firefox... The results have a strange overlay on... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BradM124, Dec 27, 2018.

1. BradM124 Win User

Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue

Hello all,

I could really use some help. Every time I search in the task bar, or in IE, Edge, or Firefox... The results have a strange overlay on any hyperlinked image. This happens on Bing.com, Google, com, and Yahoo.com. Everything shows normally in the Google Chrome browser.

I am running Windows 10 1803 on a Dell XPS 13 9350. I am attaching pictures for reference. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue [​IMG]Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue [​IMG]Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue [​IMG]Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue [​IMG]

:)

BradM124, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Dec 27, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue

1. Windows 10 Search Overlay Issue - Similar Threads - Search Overlay Issue

2. Mouse Highlight Overlay issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Highlight Overlay issue: I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Surface tablet and got this image. It's code for the Mouse Highlight Overlay apparently. I decided to restore Windows 10 to hopefully fix it and nope. My install is broken now. Please advise how to fix this....
  3. Mouse Highlight Overlay issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Highlight Overlay issue: I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Surface tablet and got this image. It's code for the Mouse Highlight Overlay apparently. I decided to restore Windows 10 to hopefully fix it and nope. My install is broken now. Please advise how to fix this....
  4. Windows Search only shows grey overlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search only shows grey overlay: Hi!Whenever I've used my PC for a longer period of time, it tends to fall back to the same problem, of the search results being covered by a grey overlay as shown in the pictures that goes away after I clicked on it.This isn't really a problem since it disappears after...
  5. Windows Search only shows grey overlay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search only shows grey overlay: Hi!Whenever I've used my PC for a longer period of time, it tends to fall back to the same problem, of the search results being covered by a grey overlay as shown in the pictures that goes away after I clicked on it.This isn't really a problem since it disappears after...
  6. Windows Search only shows grey overlay

in Cortana
  7. Issue with ms-gaming overlay

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue with ms-gaming overlay: Hi, I have an issue. Sometimes when I launch a game this happens with the three most recent games I am playing, a mount and blade, launched via steam + mount and blade launcher, b star citizien - that uses RSI launcher-, c fortnite launched via epic store. The issue...
  8. Windows 10 Display overlay issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Display overlay issue: Hi there, the other day on my windows laptop after I began to see weird boxes like lines on my screen on my display. I assumed it was just a bug at the time until I started seeing the same overlay pop up elsewhere. I noticed it was of a website I was looking at the other day...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu/Search Window - Overlay on the search window appears - and reappears...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Start Menu/Search Window - Overlay on the search window appears - and reappears...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DailyRaccoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbd752/windows_10_start_menusearch_window_overlay_on_the/
  10. Black Overlay Screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Overlay Screen issue: So, honestly, I have no clue what this is, why it's happening, and of course how to fix it. But, I would hope to think that posting it here may get some results. So, I've been having this issue for the past couple months, that whenever I turn on my computer, I get this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weird search suggestion overlay