Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Panel from Start Menu doesn't align with the window and is white

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Panel from Start Menu doesn't align with the window and is white in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, guys! So I'm on Windows 10 November 2019 (1909) version and I've decided to do away with my Microsoft account since I'm not using its features and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bigmuffineater, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Search Panel from Start Menu doesn't align with the window and is white

Hey, guys! So I'm on Windows 10 November 2019 (1909) version and I've decided to do away with my Microsoft account since I'm not using its features and switched to a local account after deleting the Microsoft account.

And then I was unpelasantly surprised with the fact that "type to search" panel from the Start menu moved like half an inch from the left edge of the screen like so. When previously it just occupied the Start menu space and just gave me the search results.

Now I've had Open Shell installed for about ten minutes but it gave me black screen upon logging in screen so I uninstalled it with CCleaner.

IS the current Search menu position normal and what I was used to was due to Open Shell leftover components changing things?

Could you post some screenshots of your Search from Start menu?

submitted by /u/Bigmuffineater
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bigmuffineater, Dec 21, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Dec 21, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows 10 Search Panel from Start Menu doesn't align with the window and is white

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 Search Panel from Start Menu doesn't align with the window and is white [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Panel from Start Menu doesn't align with the window and is white

1. Windows 10 Search Panel from Start Menu doesn't align with the window and is white - Similar Threads - Search Panel Start

2. Start menu search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search doesn't work: Hi,I'm using windows 11 21H1 with the latest updates I received, but lately, my laptop is behaving strangely when I try to search using the start menu it closes the start menu by it self. I haven't installed any new software or changed anything in the settings or registry it...
  3. Start menu search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu search doesn't work: Hi,I'm using windows 11 21H1 with the latest updates I received, but lately, my laptop is behaving strangely when I try to search using the start menu it closes the start menu by it self. I haven't installed any new software or changed anything in the settings or registry it...
  4. Search not starting from start menu

in Cortana
    Search not starting from start menu: Hi,I recently started using my laptop after not using it for a while and the search doesn't seem to be working anymore.Normally to search I hit the windows key and start typing, the search results load in immediately.Now I hit the windows key and start typing, nothing happens...
  5. Windows 10 Search Doesn't Start

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Doesn't Start: I upgraded to version 2004 recently. The Search bar was working after the upgrade. Two days ago it stopped. Clicking the "Type here to search" brings u a blank gray window which closes after a few seconds. Nothing can be typed in the bar. I have read a lot of the questions...
  6. Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu: In Windows 10, I press Start button on keyboard. Then, I type "Control Panel" . Control Panel does not appear as a selection. Instead, after typing "Control", Settings pops up as an option. After typing the entire "Control Panel", Intel Graphics Control Panel appears....
  7. Fullscreen Start Menu Wallpaper Alignment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fullscreen Start Menu Wallpaper Alignment: The wallpaper inconsistently mis-aligns to the screen in the fullscreen start menu. It is aligned properly outside of the menu. I've tried: - toggling transparency effects off & back on - changing the wallpaper - disconnecting & reconnecting the laptop from the hub -...
  8. Windows 10 - Start menu search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Start menu search: When I search for a folder by typing the name in the start menu, how can I then go to a subfolder without having to open the folder, e.g. I am trying to get to the following file documents/pictures/holidays/summer holiday 2018. I know I can just type on summer holidays...
  9. Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange white Blank Search result (start menu): Strange white Blank Search result (start menu) Hi all, when i push the win button and type to search for an app or anything i get this result. i have restarted explorer.exe and completed these steps here: Cortana not finding Desktop apps when searching for them -...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search: Hi, Search in Windows new start menu is annoying, each time web search using bing results are also shown, which is really unwanted. Using :: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Search We can enable the following 3 options to disable...