Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I type in a search word and click the DOCUMENTS TAB, Windows 10 WILLl find Lotus Word Pro (.LWP) and Amipro (.sam) FILES with that search word,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gary D Ph.D., Aug 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro

When I type in a search word and click the DOCUMENTS TAB, Windows 10 WILLl find Lotus Word Pro (.LWP) and Amipro (.sam) FILES with that search word, but unlike WORD documents, will NOT find the file CONTAINING the word. For instance, if I search for PIANO, Windows 10 search WILL find all Lotus Word Pro and Amipro FILE NAMES containing the word, PIANO, like PIANOS FOR SALE but will not find a document with the word PIANO in it, if the file name is MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, for example.

Again, this does not happen with WORD documents. It finds the file, whether the search word is in the file name or not.

Any explanation or help for this?

Thanks!

:)

Gary D Ph.D., Aug 20, 2019

2. Lotus Word Pro

Will the Lotus Word Pro package i use for work on my Windows 7 laptop work when I upgrade to Windows 10?

PaulCurtis163, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Jim_601 Win User
    Lotus 1-2-3 on Windows 10

Install LibreOffice 5.1.1.3 to read Lotus *.lwp documents. It might (probably) also work to read Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets. Both the above can be saved in more "modern" formats. Again, I've only tried the *.lwp files. THANKS again BIGTIME to this forum
    for saving my wife's ancient recipes.

BTW, Lotus SmartSuite 97 -- V: N97.907.0 -- did NOT install on Windows 10 when I pushed all the usual buttons.

Jim_601, Aug 20, 2019
  4. THP315 Win User

Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro

Lotus Smartsuite and Windows 10

One thing I did is to send shortcuts for each of the Lotus applications I use most to the desktop to have quick access to open.

Hopefully this will work for you.

• Open File Explorer - Local Disk C:
    • Scroll down and Open Lotus Folder
    • Then open the application folder (example Lotus Word Pro)
    • Scroll down until you find the "wordpro.exe"
    • "Right click" on the "wordpro.exe" file then scroll down and put your courser on the "send to" option then "left click" on Desktop (create shortcut)
    • repeat steps 3 through 5 for each Lotus Application you frequently use
    Good luck, Please let us know if it works for you.

THP315, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro

1. Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro - Similar Threads - Search Problem LWP

2. Lotus 123 Windows 10 question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lotus 123 Windows 10 question: I'm using Lotus 123 on Windows 10. Recently, SOMETIMES, when I close a file, Lotus closes down completely and the file that I was closing does not appear in the recent file list. If I had multiple files open they all close. Sometimes the file closes normally. Everything else...
  3. AmiPro 3.1 to Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AmiPro 3.1 to Word: I have several old AmiPro 3.1 .sam files I need to convert to Word. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amipro-31-to-word/07a2ba43-7d22-487a-b1a8-c7e8522b0ad5
  4. AmiPro 3.1 to Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AmiPro 3.1 to Word: I have several old AmiPro 3.1 .sam files I need to convert to Word. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amipro-31-to-word/07a2ba43-7d22-487a-b1a8-c7e8522b0ad5
  5. regedit.../SAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regedit.../SAM: Respect. I'm trying to delete or change the type of built in account that I don't use, because I have two accounts with administrator privileges. The account I use is admin privileges, but still whatever I do I have to "Run as administrator", I can't manage the desktop and in...
  6. LOTUS WORD PRO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LOTUS WORD PRO: I have Lotus Word Pro installed on a previous computer and have misplaced the disc. I set up a new computer and now need to install Word Pro again and do not know if I can. Can this program be reinstalled with just the files that were installed on the other computer where...
  7. installing lotus smartsuite on windows 10

installing lotus smartsuite on windows 10: lotus cannot install because it cannot find "English.msi" can anyone suggest a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-lotus-smartsuite-on-windows-10/c3afa497-313a-48f3-afe4-afd8d084740d"
  8. What in sam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What in sam: hell has MS done to these updates that take hours to update? Why OH WHY am I spending days updating cumulative updates? Why am I waiting for it to get to 100% so it can start over at 10%? Windows 10 Free forcedate bloatware is the biggest hunk of junk out there. You release...
  9. Lotus Word Pro - Search for a text in all documents.

Lotus Word Pro - Search for a text in all documents.: Amipro had a neat Smarticon, which would search for text in any of its documents. This was different for the Smartican which would search for text within the document. If you were trying to find a document in Amipro that you knew had the word "itinerary" in it, you would...
  10. Lotus 123 Millennium with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lotus 123 Millennium with Windows 10: I am still using many worksheets I developed for Lotus. I have been using the without any problems until a week ago when: Some of my worksheets will not display the drop-down menu for Range Properties Others will display the drop-down but will not allow me to use...