Windows 10: windows 10 search problem

Discus and support windows 10 search problem in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, i can't open any settings when i search for them in the search bar but for my applications, they work just fine. Also my thumbnails for my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by nam230687, Mar 4, 2020.

1. nam230687 Win User

windows 10 search problem

Hi, i can't open any settings when i search for them in the search bar but for my applications, they work just fine. Also my thumbnails for my applications are gone. I have tried several things like resetting cortana, resetting indexing, ... but none of those worked for me. Can anyone help me with my problem ?

:)

nam230687, Mar 4, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 search problem - Similar Threads - search problem

2. My windows search has a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows search has a problem: My picture dosent seem to load in here so i will just explain the issue.My windows search works fine its just when i search something i dont get the additonal options like run as adminstartor and open file location instead its just compleley empty on the right side of the...
  3. My windows search has a problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows search has a problem: My picture dosent seem to load in here so i will just explain the issue.My windows search works fine its just when i search something i dont get the additonal options like run as adminstartor and open file location instead its just compleley empty on the right side of the...
  4. I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search.: Hey everyone! I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search. The search bar isn't providing accurate results, and some files seem to be missing from the search index. I've tried rebuilding the index and troubleshooting using Windows Search and Indexing troubleshooter, but...
  5. I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search.: Hey everyone! I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search. The search bar isn't providing accurate results, and some files seem to be missing from the search index. I've tried rebuilding the index and troubleshooting using Windows Search and Indexing troubleshooter, but...
  6. I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search.

7. Hi Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem...

Hi Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem...: Hi everyone Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem details it says that the -Stopped working- and "Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash"...
  8. Hi Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem...: Hi everyone Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem details it says that the -Stopped working- and "Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash"...
  9. I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search: Hey everyone! I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search. The search bar isn't providing accurate results, and some files seem to be missing from the search index. I've tried rebuilding the index and troubleshooting using Windows Search and Indexing troubleshooter, but...
  10. I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search: Hey everyone! I'm encountering a problem with Windows 10 search. The search bar isn't providing accurate results, and some files seem to be missing from the search index. I've tried rebuilding the index and troubleshooting using Windows Search and Indexing troubleshooter, but...