Windows 10: Windows 10 search prompting “This is taking too long to load”

Discus and support Windows 10 search prompting “This is taking too long to load” in Cortana to solve the problem; When searching using the search functionality embedded in the start menu of Windows 10 when clicking the Windows icon in the left bottom, a screen is... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BARIŞ EGEBALCI, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 search prompting “This is taking too long to load”

When searching using the search functionality embedded in the start menu of Windows 10 when clicking the Windows icon in the left bottom, a screen is displayed saying "This is taking too long to load". On the bottom right, a string looking like a version number is displayed as well see screenshot. This looks quite "off" and doesn't seem to come from Windows. Please help me. Windows 10 search prompting “This is taking too long to load” 2d528d05-e971-41c9-9f52-56186e8aba02?upload=true.png

:)

BARIŞ EGEBALCI, Apr 26, 2020

2. Website take to long to load

Hi Hector,

There are several reasons why a website takes too long to respond. One of which is if the internet connection is intermittent. To isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you connected via wireless or wired connection?
    • Does this happen to all websites you visit?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Apr 26, 2020
  3. windows 10 takes 2 hours in loading the desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try the followings steps to run System maintenance troubleshooter:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “System and security”

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: How to perform a clean boot in Windows:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

Note 2: After the troubleshooting is done make sure to refer the section
    " How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the Clean boot article.

Method 3: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Click on 'Start'.

• Enter 'Command prompt' in the Search box.

• In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command prompt, and then tap or click
      'Run as administrator'.

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Try the above steps and let us know the status of the issue for further assistance. Feel free to contact us, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Waseemulla S, Apr 26, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows 10 search prompting “This is taking too long to load”

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 search prompting “This is taking too long to load”

1. Windows 10 search prompting “This is taking too long to load” - Similar Threads - search prompting “This

2. Safe Mode takes too long to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode takes too long to load: Safe mode taking literal hours to boot anyone know why[Original Title: Safe mode taking literal hours to boot anyone know why] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-takes-too-long-to-load/7016f755-f063-4651-b38b-867f8e0774b2
  3. Virtual Box taking too long to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Box taking too long to load: Hello! So whenever I'm trying to use Virtual Box it's just stuck on like loading like I can't move my mouse, or do anything. The only solution for it to shutdown I just wait for my battery to drain I'm using a laptop. Please help me...
  4. Lots of websites taking too long to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lots of websites taking too long to load: Recently I've been getting an issue on chrome, edge and internet explorer where is says: 'website name took to long to respond'. This has been happening on a few websites and also with certain apps such as steam and epic games. I have a wireless connection to m my internet...
  5. This is taking to long to load – Windows 10 Search

in Windows 10 News
    This is taking to long to load – Windows 10 Search: [ATTACH]If when you click on the Windows 10 Taskbar Search icon, you see a message This is taking to long to load and your search […] This article This is taking to long to load – Windows 10 Search first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Search loading too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search loading too long: When I search something the first time, I get greeted with "Search is taking too long" with a refresh button. When I press that button, the thing I am trying to find comes up instant, so it isn't a case of slow hardware. After that the search behaves normally again until I...
  7. Anyone else get the "This is taking too long to load" box on the Search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else get the "This is taking too long to load" box on the Search menu?: I hope it's not malware. This happened right when I tried to search something when I first turned on my PC today. I only found two other posts about this on other websites. submitted by /u/Flakori [link] [comments]...
  8. Download folder takes too long to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder takes too long to load: Hi, I am using widows 10. The browser I am using is Brave. I really do not why it takes too long for the download folder to load. By download folder I mean the folder in which the files downloaded from the internet are stored. I have also noticed that when I download some...
  9. Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long: I recently decided to reset a windows 10 PC with a 1 TB hard drive and a 500 GB SSD, but chose to wipe and clean all storage on both drives. The PC has been running with a black screen for almost a week now with no indication of progress or activity. I have hit the shut down...
  10. Windows taking too long to load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking too long to load: I am a bit perplexed and confused whether this issue is a software issue or a hardware issue! *Confused From power on to working desktop it takes about 15 to 20 minutes! I updated from Windows 7 HP 64bit to Windows 10 Home Free when it was available and then to Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taking too long to load

2. win10task bar search this is taking too long to load

3. Startmenü this is taking too long to load

4. windows 10 this is taking too long to load,
  5. windows 10 start this is taking too long to load,
  6. windows 10 search this is taking too long,
  7. windows search error this is taking too long,
  8. windows10 This is taking too long to load ,
  9. windows search bar this is taking too long to load,
  10. windows search this is taking too long,
  11. this is taking too long windows searcher