Windows 10: Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken

Discus and support Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI hope someone can help. I attached a USB C SSD to my PC with all my photos in order to be able to search for photos with no date taken properties. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RodneyXerri, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken

HiI hope someone can help. I attached a USB C SSD to my PC with all my photos in order to be able to search for photos with no date taken properties. I added the SSD to the indexing options and indexing is complete. When I run the search datetaken:[] the search is returning all the files in the folders and sub folders. When I open the folder though the files would have the date taken property.Can someone help, I think it is an indexing glitch or am I doing something wrong?

:)

RodneyXerri, Jan 21, 2022

2. windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Remonator Win User
    Certain apps don't show in search results

Some of my applications don't show in search results when I search for them.

E.g. Visual Studio, it shows only a local directory named "Visual Studio 2017" but it doensn't show the application itself.

Some other applications are listed as wrong version (already uninstalled), and some others dont't show at all (e.g. Putty)

I've already rebuilt the index and ran sfc /scannow several times, and got shortcuts for the apps in both

• %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and

• %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 (Build 14393.1358)

Any suggestions?

Remonator, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Scott 201 Win User

Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken

Sorting Search Results Changes Date Accessed

When I use the search feature of File Explorer in Windows 10 to generate a list of files that meet a certain criteria (a partial name search or a date accessed range for example) it behaves as expected returning a list of files. If, however, I then click
    on the file name column to sort the results of the search by file name, the Date Accessed date and time update to the current date and time.

I have disabled my virus and firewall products and get the same result, I also booted into Safe mode and got the same results.

Is there a way to stop this from happening as there are occasions where I am specifically looking for a date and time accessed and don't want them to update based on me sorting the search results.

Thanks.

Scott 201, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken

1. Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken - Similar Threads - search results showing

2. Date Taken field not showing seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date Taken field not showing seconds: I'm trying to organize photos from different devices, and I'm a bit "finicky" about date/time accuracy, I'm using third party software but it crashes often, and would like to know if there is any possible way to see the seconds of Date Taken Pictures, or Media Created Videos...
  3. windows 10 Pro search results show wrong date format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 Pro search results show wrong date format: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version: 10.0.19043 Build 19043 Start >type text eg DOC: <name> >Results show different date format from the PC settings.The region setting are correct for my requirements....
  4. windows 10 Pro search results show wrong date format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 Pro search results show wrong date format: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version: 10.0.19043 Build 19043 Start >type text eg DOC: <name> >Results show different date format from the PC settings.The region setting are correct for my requirements....
  5. windows 10 Pro search results show wrong date format

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken: HiI hope someone can help. I attached a USB C SSD to my PC with all my photos in order to be able to search for photos with no date taken properties. I added the SSD to the indexing options and indexing is complete. When I run the search datetaken:[] the search is returning...
  7. Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken: HiI hope someone can help. I attached a USB C SSD to my PC with all my photos in order to be able to search for photos with no date taken properties. I added the SSD to the indexing options and indexing is complete. When I run the search datetaken:[] the search is returning...
  8. Group by date taken results in compressed time frames, not actual DATES..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Group by date taken results in compressed time frames, not actual DATES..: Maybe this is more of a request then a question? Maybe that is the question? I want to group my photos by Date Taken, down to the day. Windows seems to organize the photos based on what ever they have believed to be useful. Which is Today, Yesterday, Earlier this week, Last...
  9. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.: Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-changes-date-taken-date/8f1cfce8-7af4-4e75-afba-d5a8f52b7ec8
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886