Windows 10: Windows 10 search results out of order

Discus and support Windows 10 search results out of order in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have several external drives and network drives connected to my computer, when I use search from my computer, it shows results out of order. In other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Cheek, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Windows 10 search results out of order

I have several external drives and network drives connected to my computer, when I use search from my computer, it shows results out of order. In other words. Network shares show up first, then D:, E: and finally C:how is this behavior controlled, and how do I adjust the sort order?

:)

Daniel Cheek, Sep 19, 2022

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Windows 10 search results out of order a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Sep 19, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Sep 19, 2022
  4. Windows 10 search results out of order

windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 search results out of order

1. Windows 10 search results out of order - Similar Threads - search results order

2. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search results out of order: I have several external drives and network drives connected to my computer, when I use search from my computer, it shows results out of order. In other words. Network shares show up first, then D:, E: and finally C:how is this behavior controlled, and how do I adjust the sort...
  3. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search results out of order: I have several external drives and network drives connected to my computer, when I use search from my computer, it shows results out of order. In other words. Network shares show up first, then D:, E: and finally C:how is this behavior controlled, and how do I adjust the sort...
  4. Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.: Greetings, When I click in the search box, where it says "type here to search", on the left side of the Task Bar, at the top of the popup window that shows, from left to right, is: All/Apps/Documents/Web and More, which has a down arrow that pops out:...
  5. Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out

in Cortana
    Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out: I recently uninstalled and reinstalled some apps on my laptop. After that if i search those apps in windows search, the apps shows up, but it wont open. Everytime i unistall and reinstall an app this happens. Screenshot included The app logo is blacked out like this. It...
  6. Windows 10 Search Not Returning Results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Not Returning Results: Hello, The Windows 10 Search function has stopped working. I checked online for the basic troubleshooting and nothing resolved the problem. I will list specifics of the system below. Thanks in advance to any assistance with this search issue. Windows 10 Pro is installed on...
  7. Windows 10 Settings Search No Results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Search No Results: When i try to search something in Windows 10's Settings at that search box nothing shows up, no results. Any solutions? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-settings-search-no-results/e1cdce7a-1131-48e8-ab53-d7bc2f2e0d32
  8. Search box in Windows 10- No results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box in Windows 10- No results: Hi When I open a folder in Windows 10 File Explorer, and I click on the search box and type in a folder that I want, It tells me NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH But it's crazy because I can see the document I want right in front of me in that folder but when I try search it...
  9. How to get out of Explorer Search results?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get out of Explorer Search results?: Search for something in Explorer and no matter where you click around the path stays stuck at (for example) Search results in Photos > Found folder Open a subfolder and it stays at Search results in Photos > Found folder > Subfolder Right click and open in new window...
  10. Windows Search Results Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Results Order: When I search in Windows 10 using file explorer the results first shows items from my "H" drive and then my "G" drive and then my "F" drive and then my "C" drive last. How can I get the results from my "C" drive to appear first? I know how to sort my results, I just want to...