Windows 10: Windows 10 "Search/Start Column" different on various computers?

Discus and support Windows 10 "Search/Start Column" different on various computers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] No idea what to call the "Search/Start Column" but recently mine went away. Is there any way to put it back? Search anything on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Titanium237, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 "Search/Start Column" different on various computers?

/u/Titanium237, Apr 6, 2020
  2. henry001 Win User

Microsoft Edge slow in typing in various web site search column

Edge started acting strange last couple of days.

For example, when I type a movie title or name of a director at Blu-ray, Blu-ray Movies, Blu-ray Players, Blu-ray Reviews, the list of suggested titles or names shows up at the bottom of search column. It certainly does when I do the same search using IE or Firefox or Chrome. With Edge
    the suggested list no longer shows up (it used to be working before).

Or with this site; The Reflecting Skin Blu-ray - Viggo Mortensen, If I search a name of a director or a tile of a movie,

it freezes for a longer time, and taking the results takes a longer time. And I tried to put mouse into the blank search column, it takes a longer time to respond (I can not type another word for a 10-15 seconds).

I did the following; Updating Windows 10; clearing browsing data from Edge; Repair + Reset by going to Settings-Apps & Features, and none of them worked.

If anyone knows how to resolve this issue, please let me know.

Thanks

henry001, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 "Search/Start Column" different on various computers?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 "Search/Start Column" different on various computers?

1. Windows 10 "Search/Start Column" different on various computers? - Similar Threads - Search Start Column

2. Search bar has different text for different computers.

in Cortana
    Search bar has different text for different computers.: This is not really an issue, but I was wondering why my search bar just says "Search" when my other computers say: "Type here to search".Both computers are running Windows 10 Home on the Latest Update 20H2....
  3. Random BSOD - Various Different Reasons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD - Various Different Reasons: Hi, I've randomly started getting random BSOD. Usually when I am playing Starcraft. I completely uninstalled graphics drivers and reinstalled. Kernel Security Check seems to be the prevailing issue. Would someone be able to help me please it is frustrating! I have uploaded...
  4. Different columns in FileExplorer depending on folder name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Different columns in FileExplorer depending on folder name?: I setup the following columns as default for all (new) folders: Name, Size, Date modified Now I created a new folder with the name "work". Yes, all columns are set accordingly. Now I rename the folder to "_work" and the shown folders are automatically changed to Name,...
  5. Getting various different BSODs daily

Getting various different BSODs daily: My computer has been having problems for a bit so I reinstalled windows recently but I'm still getting random BSOD all with different error codes. Here are error codes for 4-5ish past days. I anyone could help figure it out that would be awesome. 0x000000ef 0x0000007e...
  6. CHM displays differently on various PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    CHM displays differently on various PCs: When me or my colleagues open a CHM file, the file will display differently depending on which PC we are using. We are not sure what causes this issue. We all have different Windows builds. PCs with a lower Windows build display the CHM correctly. The higher the build, the...
  7. Microsoft Edge slow in typing in various web site search column

Microsoft Edge slow in typing in various web site search column: Edge started acting strange last couple of days. For example, when I type a movie title or name of a director at https://www.blu-ray.com/, the list of suggested titles or names shows up at the bottom of search column. It certainly does when I do the same search using IE or...
  8. Different view and searching for various Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Different view and searching for various Windows 10 pro: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro version 1803 installed in July 2018 at the office. In January 19 I bought (subscibed) the Pro option for home use expecting to work on the same visuals/search systems etc. I was given version 1809 that vary a lot- all icons on tabs are like...
  9. Adding columns in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding columns in the start menu: Hi! Im currently trying to increase the amount of columns displayed to 2. I have a tiny 7 inch screen with DPI set at 150% which makes the start menu only show one column. Do anyone know how to increase this to two? [img] 9011
  10. Customize Windows 10 File Explorer search result columns

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize Windows 10 File Explorer search result columns: How do I customize search result columns in File Explorer? For example, I would always like to see the Date Created column in all my searches. I have tried using tips for earlier Windows versions, but Windows 10 seems to have disabled the "Apply to Folders" button in the View...