Windows 10: Windows 10 Searchbar not functioning V2

Discus and support Windows 10 Searchbar not functioning V2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am reposting one of my previous posts because the issue is still coming up once in a while. Whenever i click on the search icon in the taskbar the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maxvandalen, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Searchbar not functioning V2

I am reposting one of my previous posts because the issue is still coming up once in a while.

Whenever i click on the search icon in the taskbar the search window opens and closes itself within two seconds.

I am running Windows 10 on update 1903

Version: 18362.476

I hope someone knows a working solution, I've pretty much tried everything I can at this point.

I followed all the steps from this article, this worked initially but when i boot my pc up now, it is a 50/50 chance whether or not the search bar works.

https://borncity.com/win/2019/08/31...tana-search-broken-blame-august-2019-updates/

Weird thing is, i dont even have a german computer, i live in the netherlands not germany.

I hope i can fix this problem once and for all.

submitted by /u/maxvandalen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maxvandalen, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2019
  3. BeanHop Win User
    Searchbar issues.

So i'm re-installing Windows 10 after a few issues were happening with my computer. After installation i went to attempt to use my search bar, and encountered some issues. When using the searchbar, if typing something and a Microsoft software appears in
    the searchbar, I'm unable to type any further and specify my search. Looking on the internet led me to different problems that other people were having, but not my own.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access]

BeanHop, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Searchbar not functioning V2

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Searchbar not functioning V2

1. Windows 10 Searchbar not functioning V2 - Similar Threads - Searchbar functioning

2. why my searchbar crash many time and i couldnt do anything

in Cortana
    why my searchbar crash many time and i couldnt do anything: I woke up today and type in the search bar,then it crashed,i couldnt open searchbar,i just tried use cmd,task manager,window powershell but it didnt work,please someone help me...
  3. why my searchbar crash many time and i couldnt do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my searchbar crash many time and i couldnt do anything: I woke up today and type in the search bar,then it crashed,i couldnt open searchbar,i just tried use cmd,task manager,window powershell but it didnt work,please someone help me...
  4. why my searchbar crash many time and i couldnt do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start button and searchbar not working because of permissions i changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and searchbar not working because of permissions i changed: So i was installing kali linuxz and there was an error so i looked at a video on how to fix this and i needed to change some permissions in this built in app i cant remember what its called and i did something wrong and its locked my windows start button and the search bar....
  6. Start button and searchbar not working because of permissions i changed

Start button and searchbar not working because of permissions i changed: So i was installing kali linuxz and there was an error so i looked at a video on how to fix this and i needed to change some permissions in this built in app i cant remember what its called and i did something wrong and its locked my windows start button and the search bar....
  7. Searchbar does not show results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searchbar does not show results: Hi All,I run an embroidery business and utilize a software call ES Designer. Within designer, it allows you to store the title of the design whilst being able to save the embroidery file as a different name.So, if i were to digitize the Microsoft logo, the title of the file...
  8. Searchbar does not show results

Searchbar does not show results: Hi All,I run an embroidery business and utilize a software call ES Designer. Within designer, it allows you to store the title of the design whilst being able to save the embroidery file as a different name.So, if i were to digitize the Microsoft logo, the title of the file...
  9. Settings and Searchbar not functioning after installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Settings and Searchbar not functioning after installation.: Installed a windows 10 v1903 via a ISO file this afternoon. after installation the,Windows key, when pressed, does not respond.when opening the Settings app, it crashes almost immediately.Question:1. Could windows be corrupted during installation? i am trying to install from...
  10. SearchBar on taskbar no loger functions after 1909 update

in Cortana
    SearchBar on taskbar no loger functions after 1909 update: Okay, I have tried everything I have found out here and other places, even the "ResetWindowsSearchBox.PS1" which did not help either. Does Microsoft or anyone have the correct fix?? Thanks, Bob...