Windows 10: Windows 10 searching for old username after name change/ won't open correctly.

Discus and support Windows 10 searching for old username after name change/ won't open correctly. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently went into my administrator user so I could change my regular username folder from my mother's to my own. When I went back to log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jioull, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Jioull Win User

Windows 10 searching for old username after name change/ won't open correctly.

Hello, I recently went into my administrator user so I could change my regular username folder from my mother's to my own. When I went back to log in again, it said something like "error, username dusic cannot be found" dusic being the old name, Jio being current and while I have all current info still in my computer, all of my apps and everything has been displaced. Any ideas on what I did wrong? Or perhaps didn't do at all?

:)

Jioull, Aug 26, 2020

2. Username change caused serious problems

Hello NavyLCDR,
    Thanks for your post - I was afraid of a HDD failure too... but it seems so strange on an eight-day-old
    laptop than has not been mistreated. Not impossible, of course.

Anyway, now we have managed to re-install Windows 10, we will watch out for further issues, and should things continue going wrong, the shop has agreed to take the laptop back within the next three weeks, although they are now out of stock, and my daughter really likes it. Maybe it will be OK, though.

Hello dalchina,
    OK, thanks for the warning!
    My daughter is just preparing to create a new disk image. She was getting quite paranoid, so she created another Username and User Account, and thus won´t use the old disk-image anyway.

The Username change that triggered this whole issue was done following Microsoft´s indications using
    netplwiz. It was the single user/administrator name - there are no further users on the laptop.
    My other daughter suggested that the Username change caused this Win10 confusion, but there shouldn´t really be any HDD trouble caused.
    We shall see...

Cheers,
    Van

Van Allen Belt, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 searching for old username after name change/ won't open correctly.

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 searching for old username after name change/ won't open correctly.

1. Windows 10 searching for old username after name change/ won't open correctly. - Similar Threads - searching old username

2. Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!: My UserName is BemZ when I sign in with my Microsoft account on PC, the name of my User keeps changing every time between Local NameBemZ and my full name on my MS Account Zouhair Bem i can see that throw my user icon on my desktop, and I need to be Local Name BemZ forever,...
  3. CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10: I changed my username from 'X' to 'Y' by accessing the control panel. However, whenever I open command prompt it shows my username as 'X'. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-username-on-windows-10/8fdef822-c16d-4815-83eb-e2e294467050
  4. CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10: I changed my username from 'X' to 'Y' by accessing the control panel. However, whenever I open command prompt it shows my username as 'X'. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-username-on-windows-10/8fdef822-c16d-4815-83eb-e2e294467050
  5. CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Change username in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change username in Windows 10: Hi, my sister has a Windows 10 Pc and by some mistake there was a typographical error in the username. Now whatever Office and other software pick that as the PC name. How can I change it?...
  7. Unable to login to Windows 10 after changing username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to Windows 10 after changing username: Hi I changed one of my staff members user account name as they started using a previous employees PC. This is for a local user account. There is only one account on the PC which has administrator rights. I followed the following process to change the username. - Go to...
  8. Help with changing old username on PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with changing old username on PC: Hello I am still very new to win 10 and I have a laptop that my mom gave me, the folders still show her name and not mine. she deleted her old login account and I set up one but its still displaying her name. I am set as the admin with all full rights and the laptop has a...
  9. Username invalid for logon, but I know the name and pw are correct

Username invalid for logon, but I know the name and pw are correct: This started when I changed "show last user" on sign-in screen to disabled. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...dows-10-a.html I have two user accounts: Randy1 is a regular user; Randy2 is an admin. After I made the change above, I could still login with Randy1, but...
  10. Windows 10 Account Won't Change Name

Windows 10 Account Won't Change Name: I've manually gone online to my windows account and changed my name there, but it doesn't appear on reboot of any of my devices. Occassionally, it will do it the first time after reboot if I try to change it to something else. When I try to go change my name again, it...