Windows 10: Windows 10 second monitor no signal

Discus and support Windows 10 second monitor no signal in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I haven't been able to get my second monitor working after doing a clean install of windows 10. It is detected in the windows display settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by halotigerkil, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Windows 10 second monitor no signal

Hello, I haven't been able to get my second monitor working after doing a clean install of windows 10. It is detected in the windows display settings and has the correct resolution but it says no input on the second monitor. The only problem I've noticed is in the nvidia control panel my second monitor is stated to be using a vga connector, but it's using dvi but I don't know if this is a problem.

I have the most updated nvidia drivers for my gtx 560 ti and have tried using a different monitor. Any help is appreciated, if you need any more information from me that would help you just ask.

:)

halotigerkil, Aug 4, 2015

2. Second monitor says no signal.

Me too. Surface 2 Pro. I switched to HDMI to see if anything had improved only to find that it is worse both for video and for sound. Switched back to VGA (using an HDMI-VGA converter). MWDA works OK though on the same HDMI port of the monitor. Also
    W10 seems to be dropping the whole connection when it goes to Sleep. This is annoying because the monitor switches to the MWDA port which also gets dropped by the "Sleep". Presentation mode (via Mobility Center) is a workaround provided the machine is charging,
    presumably because that prevents it from falling to Sleep?

I didn't think to try switching to Second Screen Only. I suppose that would have to be done using the MWDA connection first and then see if the other HDMI connection would be recognized. I have no idea what that would imply if it worked--perhaps that the
    driver is incapable of handling both real video ports concurrently? Who knows? Anyway, I may try this test some time.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Elmer San Win User
    Second Monitor has No Signal

Hi,

To assist you further with your concern about no signal on your second monitor, we would like to get some information from you:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you try to check if the second monitor will work if installed as the primary monitor?
    • Aside from checking the cables, did you try to use a different cable?
    • Are the right monitor drivers installed on your computer?
    • Does your video card has the right settings for using two monitors?
    • Did you update your video card driver?

We are waiting for your reply.

Elmer San, Aug 4, 2015
  4. UKMedia Win User

Windows 10 second monitor no signal

Hi

If you press the Windows key and P, make sure Extended is selected?

UKMedia, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Wow that seems to work have worked for now, I was just changing it in display settings before to extend these displays but doing that fixed it for now. I'll do some tests such as restarting to make sure it is permanent, because I was able to get it working for a little bit previously until the restart and post what the results are.

halotigerkil, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Cool, it stays working after the restart so I'll go ahead and mark as solved. Thank you, I never had to do that with windows before and I don't know why it would require me to do that now but you were a great help.

halotigerkil, Aug 6, 2015
  7. UKMedia Win User
    Glad I could help *Smile

UKMedia, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Windows 10 second monitor no signal

Well unfortunately the second monitor won't display again after turning my computer on for the first time this morning. It was working all last night but even having it on extended in the windows + p menu there is still no signal to the second monitor. I've tried switching monitors and restarting my computer multiple times now with no change. I never had this problem until installing windows 10 so I'm fairly sure the fault lies in drivers or something similar. Any more ideas?

halotigerkil, Aug 7, 2015
  9. UKMedia Win User
    Hi

If you go to the NVidia web site and download the driver for the 560 here.

Select your operating system and download. When you run the install, select Custom Install in the first dialogue and then select Clean Install. This will un-install your current driver first.

If you've already done this or it doesn't work, then Open Control Panel>Hardware>Device Manger and un-install your Diaplay Adapter. Reboot you PC and then complete the same driver install again.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

UKMedia, Aug 7, 2015
  10. I did try those things before, but I did them again now just in case. Unfortunately still no change *Sad

halotigerkil, Aug 7, 2015
  11. UKMedia Win User
    If you swap the two monitor cables over on the graphics card, does the problem move to the other monitor?

I wonder if it is worth trying the Windows 8 driver, via the same approach, and see if that works...

UKMedia, Aug 8, 2015
  12. No change with swapping cables, but I haven't tried windows 8 drivers yet.

halotigerkil, Aug 9, 2015
  13. gavros777 Win User

Just yesterday got the exact same problem in windows 10 after i installed nvidia's newest driver 355.60.
    The second monitor gives "no signal" message no matter where i plug it in the video card even when i switched cables with the other monitor. It's the asus vg248qe by the way.

gavros777, Aug 15, 2015
  14. I still haven't been able to fix this problem so unfortunately I can't help, what graphics card are you using?

halotigerkil, Aug 16, 2015
  15. gavros777 Win User
    I'm using a titan x. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my message, i hope this gets fixed in a newer windows build or nvidia driver..

gavros777, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 second monitor no signal - Similar Threads - second monitor signal

2. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors: As soon as I plugged in the second monitor, signal dropped from my primary monitor, and I have since been unable to recover it. Even when I unplugged the second monitor, signal will not return to the primary one. I tried plugging my TV into the computer and still, nothing. or...
  3. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors: As soon as I plugged in the second monitor, signal dropped from my primary monitor, and I have since been unable to recover it. Even when I unplugged the second monitor, signal will not return to the primary one. I tried plugging my TV into the computer and still, nothing. or...
  4. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  6. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  7. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal: Today I purchased a DP -> HDMI cable to hook up from my PC’s NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 Super to a Toshiba 50LF621U19 Amazon Fire TV. DP end in the graphics card, HDMI end on the side of the TV, and alas, no signal. Windows still detects the TV and interprets that a second...
  9. Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep: Hi folks! I've been having issues for years since I upgraded from win7 pro to win10 pro with random BSOD, and more recently in the last six months or so with always fail to install windows upgrades. With the recent major zero day exploit released I saw on the news I buckled...
  10. Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?: Hi all I have an old Dell Inspiron 3847 that came with HDMI & VDA ports. Up until very recently I was using it with two Eizo EV2336W monitors, one VGA to VGA and one HDMI to VGA. About a month or more ago I lost signal on the HDMI one & noticed the HDMI part was bent, I...