Windows 10: Windows 10 second monitor no signal

Discus and support Windows 10 second monitor no signal in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I understand and VGA certainly wouldn't be my first choice either. Am I right that you are using a AMD card or NVidia ? How are you connecting to your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by halotigerkil, Aug 4, 2015.

1. KACI Win User

Windows 10 second monitor no signal

I understand and VGA certainly wouldn't be my first choice either. Am I right that you are using a AMD card or NVidia ? How are you connecting to your second monitor? Have you made sure you have the latest driver for your card?

2. It should have all my exact specs under the My System Specs drop down box, but I'm using nvidia. I've tried old and new drivers, along with using display driver uninstaller to completely remove them and install one. I'm connecting both my monitors through DVI, I have already tried swapping cables, but both are working.

halotigerkil, Sep 7, 2015
  3. KACI Win User
    l took a quick look at the Nvidia site and I see that no one had an answer for you there either. I'm sorry, I don't have a clue as to why win10 would only work on one port unless it's a driver issue. If your already back on 7, I'd just stay there until you get some idea that the issue has been address either by MS or Nvidia or you upgrade to a newer card.

4. Windows 10 second monitor no signal

The main problem is that it hasn't been fixed after reinstalling windows 7. I don't know if it's true but it seems that windows 10 somehow broke the second port of my graphics card.

5. KACI Win User
    Your saying that it's now happening with 7? I can't even guess how windows would break half a card. Nvidea likes their unified drivers. Is the same driver showing up as with 10?

6. Well I've tried multiple windows 7 drivers now even going as far as using display driver uninstaller and reinstalling and old driver, which didn't work so I'm not back on the windows 7 355.82.

7. KACI Win User
    Which is the same one I'm using. Is it possible for you to borrow a different card to test with? That would at least rule out a hardware issue. In the short term you could use a VGA to DVI adapter for the cable you have to at least have two monitors working. Hopefully one of the really smart people will jump in here with a solution.

8. Windows 10 second monitor no signal

Unfortunately I'm dorming away from home right now so I don't have access to any of my old hardware and don't really have the money for buying anything. I've been talking with nvidia support as well and nothing they suggested has worked either.

9. KACI Win User
    Sorry I don't have a solution for you. An adapter is cheap and it will give you something. It could even be something like you power supply getting old and not supplying enough power to the card. From what I read it's pretty power hungry. Things like this always seem to happen when your away from your "stuff".

10. Thanks for the help anyways, yeah I plan on building a new computer after I graduate this year since some of these parts >4 years old so hopefully it holds up until then.

11. KACI Win User
    I spent a lot of years holding things together with tape and glue so I know how it is. Good luck to you on this and your studies.

Thema:

Windows 10 second monitor no signal

1. Windows 10 second monitor no signal - Similar Threads - second monitor signal

2. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors: As soon as I plugged in the second monitor, signal dropped from my primary monitor, and I have since been unable to recover it. Even when I unplugged the second monitor, signal will not return to the primary one. I tried plugging my TV into the computer and still, nothing. or...
  3. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors: As soon as I plugged in the second monitor, signal dropped from my primary monitor, and I have since been unable to recover it. Even when I unplugged the second monitor, signal will not return to the primary one. I tried plugging my TV into the computer and still, nothing. or...
  4. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  6. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  7. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor TV is plugged in, detected by Windows, but no signal: Today I purchased a DP -> HDMI cable to hook up from my PC’s NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 Super to a Toshiba 50LF621U19 Amazon Fire TV. DP end in the graphics card, HDMI end on the side of the TV, and alas, no signal. Windows still detects the TV and interprets that a second...
  9. Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep: Hi folks! I've been having issues for years since I upgraded from win7 pro to win10 pro with random BSOD, and more recently in the last six months or so with always fail to install windows upgrades. With the recent major zero day exploit released I saw on the news I buckled...
  10. Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor signal lost but recognised in Display Settings?: Hi all I have an old Dell Inspiron 3847 that came with HDMI & VDA ports. Up until very recently I was using it with two Eizo EV2336W monitors, one VGA to VGA and one HDMI to VGA. About a month or more ago I lost signal on the HDMI one & noticed the HDMI part was bent, I...