Windows 10: Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed)

Discus and support Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I am using a HP Stream 13 Notebook as the desktop rig aint working at the moment. Notebook is running Windows 10 ver 2004 and is hooked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BadEdm, Sep 23, 2020.

1. /u/BadEdm Win User

Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed)

Hey Guys,

I am using a HP Stream 13 Notebook as the desktop rig aint working at the moment. Notebook is running Windows 10 ver 2004 and is hooked to upto external Dell FHD monitor. The problem is that the text displayed is not in Clear Text instead it looks like the old windows type face.

Now i have tried to use the windows clear text setting troubleshooter but still no fix text still has jagged edges.

Could anyone please help me with a fix for this??

First time posting here so excuse any transgressions.

submitted by /u/BadEdm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BadEdm, Sep 23, 2020
  2. S_and_S Win User

The new ultra-thin jagged text in Windows 10

Are you familiar with ClearType? It's a 'font smoothing' technology that Microsoft introduced with Windows XP to overcome the problem of displaying text on digital (i.e., pixel-based) monitors, which causes text to look thin and have jagged edges.

To use it, open Cortana and search for cleartype.

S_and_S, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Open Edge On Second Monitor By Default

jnsanderson, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed)

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed)

1. Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed) - Similar Threads - second monitor Text

2. I need help fixing Jagged text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help fixing Jagged text: For some reason, all the text on my computer is jagged even though i have anti aliasing on and i have been searching for a solution all day and have not found one, It is very annoying....
  3. I need help fixing Jagged text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help fixing Jagged text: For some reason, all the text on my computer is jagged even though i have anti aliasing on and i have been searching for a solution all day and have not found one, It is very annoying....
  4. Jagged text in a new high res monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Jagged text in a new high res monitor: Hello I really need help with this , it's driving me nuts and I can't find any solution to it. I've got my new PC yesterday , everything was fine except from the text, I've noticed that it's a lot more jagged and pixelated than on my old pc. I've tried a lot of stuff...
  5. Help with a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with a second monitor?: Hello, the problem with me is that when I plug in my 2nd monitor, it doesn't work at all, main monitor is connected via displayport and 2nd monitor via Hdmi, if I plug in both alone, both go normally, so it's not the monitor or the cables. But if both are plugged in, first...
  6. Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG: Hey all, I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro v. 1909, GTX 1070ti. I noticed that my PNG files are appearing with jagged edges within the Microsoft Photos App. I have opened the same file with the deprecated Windows Photo Viewer program and it looks much better....
  7. The new ultra-thin jagged text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    The new ultra-thin jagged text in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I took both my laptops into a computer shop because the text changed to a very thin, spidery appearance. The techies said that there was nothing wrong. So I went to a retail computer shop. The salesman showed me the laptops. I told him about the thin text...
  8. Windows 10: Jagged Edges/Images and Poorly Running Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Jagged Edges/Images and Poorly Running Programs: Roughly two days ago I updated (or believed to have) Windows 10 on my PC, or at least the night before. The other night, the fuse went out in my room and shut off my computer that's plugged into a surge protector I have. Both the protector's lights are still on indicating...
  9. Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.: I bought gaming pc before 1 month after 2-3 weeks i see shimmering in gta 5 euro truck simulator 2 fortnite insurgency project cars 2 MY PC I3 8100 PALIT GTX 1050 TI MSI H310M PRO-M2 8GB DDR4 ADATA 240GB SSD ADATA 550W POWER SUPLY Things that i try. Using 2 secound...
  10. Will Edge ever open in second monitor

in Browsers and Email
    Will Edge ever open in second monitor: What's your take on this. I know 'metro' apps only open in the primary monitor but I'd need this to be implemented. It's a deal killer as far as Edge is concerned. 11973