Windows 10: Windows 10 secure boot options.

Discus and support Windows 10 secure boot options. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was looking into my bios settings and i noticed my OS Type is set to "Other OS" on the secure boot settings is this correct or should i be changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PlayerArtoryas, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 secure boot options.

I was looking into my bios settings and i noticed my OS Type is set to "Other OS" on the secure boot settings is this correct or should i be changing it to Windows UEFI mode? for what people told me secure boot can help protect my pc against rootkits and i want to make sure i have secure boot configured correctly if that's the case.

This are my secure boot settings on my BIOS (Asus motherboard)

Secure Boot state = Enable

Platform Key (PK) state = Unloaded

OS Type = Other OS

Are these settings correct?

submitted by /u/PlayerArtoryas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PlayerArtoryas, Apr 10, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 secure boot options.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 secure boot options.

1. Windows 10 secure boot options. - Similar Threads - secure boot options

2. Secure boot option is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot option is not showing: I have 32 bit operating system lg company's pc.I try to update 64 bit version of windows 10 using bootable pendrive. But secure boot option is not showing in my pc's bios.what should I do?...
  3. Secure boot option is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot option is not showing: I have 32 bit operating system lg company's pc.I try to update 64 bit version of windows 10 using bootable pendrive. But secure boot option is not showing in my pc's bios.what should I do?...
  4. Secure boot option is not showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No option to enable secure boot

No option to enable secure boot: Hi! I'm trying to enable secure boot on my PC, but in the BIOS firmware menu I'm only given the options of standard or custom. There is no option to simply enable/disable secure boot and I can not find it under any other tab. I've tried switching between standard and custom,...
  6. No option to enable secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to enable secure boot: Hi! I'm trying to enable secure boot on my PC, but in the BIOS firmware menu I'm only given the options of standard or custom. There is no option to simply enable/disable secure boot and I can not find it under any other tab. I've tried switching between standard and custom,...
  7. No TPM and Secure Boot options in BIOS in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No TPM and Secure Boot options in BIOS in Windows 10: Hello, I tried turning on TPM and SB on my Windows 10 computer, but there are no such options. BIOS is under the UEFI, but Secure Boot is unsupported. TPM isn't in the BIOS....
  8. No TPM and Secure Boot options in BIOS in Windows 10

No TPM and Secure Boot options in BIOS in Windows 10: Hello, I tried turning on TPM and SB on my Windows 10 computer, but there are no such options. BIOS is under the UEFI, but Secure Boot is unsupported. TPM isn't in the BIOS....
  9. No TPM and Secure Boot options in BIOS in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Secure Boot is removing Boot from HardDrive as a Boot Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot is removing Boot from HardDrive as a Boot Option: Hello, My main SSD ended up getting corrupted somehow and had to install a brand new blank SSD in my Alienware R13. I have since installed Win10 from a usb drive onto the SSD and it is working as expected. However, when I go into the BIOS to enable "Secure Boot" again to...