Windows 10: Windows 10 Secure boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Secure boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know if I turned off Secure boot in windows 10 will I be able to have encrypted drives that do not require a user to enter a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bilal#live, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Secure boot

Hello, I would like to know if I turned off Secure boot in windows 10 will I be able to have encrypted drives that do not require a user to enter a boot password.

I am currently using an endpoint software for DLP policy and it does not work with secure boot on. If I turn if off will I be able to use bittlocker and encrypted USB?

:)

Bilal#live, Oct 9, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 9, 2019
  4. NGeo Win User

Windows 10 Secure boot

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

NGeo, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Secure boot

1. Windows 10 Secure boot - Similar Threads - Secure boot

2. When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC it goes into a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC it goes into a loop: When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC, it goes into a loop where it attempts automatic repair, diagnosis, and rebooting. Despite selecting options like 'Restart' or 'Advanced Options,' the issue persists. However, disabling Secure Boot in...
  3. When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC it goes into a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC it goes into a loop: When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC, it goes into a loop where it attempts automatic repair, diagnosis, and rebooting. Despite selecting options like 'Restart' or 'Advanced Options,' the issue persists. However, disabling Secure Boot in...
  4. How do I get my laptop to register secure boot as enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my laptop to register secure boot as enabled?: I was trying to play Valorant and it kicks me out saying I need to enabled secure boot. I then go into bios to enable secure boot but for some reason when I enable it my laptop does not register it as enabled. I have tried everything I could think of and a lot of options in...
  5. How do I get my laptop to register secure boot as enabled?

How do I get my laptop to register secure boot as enabled?: I was trying to play Valorant and it kicks me out saying I need to enabled secure boot. I then go into bios to enable secure boot but for some reason when I enable it my laptop does not register it as enabled. I have tried everything I could think of and a lot of options in...
  6. Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?: I have installed Windows 11 pro with TPM and Secure Boot enabled, I want to install Arch Linux and make Dual Boot but I need to disable secure boot, anyone has any experience disabling secure boot on their Win 11 system after the OS is installed and running ?What about update...
  7. Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?: I have installed Windows 11 pro with TPM and Secure Boot enabled, I want to install Arch Linux and make Dual Boot but I need to disable secure boot, anyone has any experience disabling secure boot on their Win 11 system after the OS is installed and running ?What about update...
  8. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.: Hello,I want to update my Windows from 10 to 11. so I ran PC health checkup which detected that secure boot is not enabled on my windows. So in BIOS setting I changed boot from legacy to UEFI and enabled the secure boot but my windows is not starting after this. What should I...
  9. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.: Hello,I want to update my Windows from 10 to 11. so I ran PC health checkup which detected that secure boot is not enabled on my windows. So in BIOS setting I changed boot from legacy to UEFI and enabled the secure boot but my windows is not starting after this. What should I...
  10. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade