Windows 10: Windows 10 Secure boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Secure boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know if I turned off Secure boot in windows 10 will I be able to have encrypted drives that do not require a user to enter a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bilal#live, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

1. Windows 10 Secure boot

Hello, I would like to know if I turned off Secure boot in windows 10 will I be able to have encrypted drives that do not require a user to enter a boot password.

I am currently using an endpoint software for DLP policy and it does not work with secure boot on. If I turn if off will I be able to use bittlocker and encrypted USB?

:)

2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

4. NGeo Win User

Windows 10 Secure boot

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

Windows 10 Secure boot

1. Windows 10 Secure boot - Similar Threads - Secure boot

2. Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using BitLocker when secure boot is disabled: Hello, I would like to know if I turned off Secure boot in windows 10 will I be able to have encrypted drives that do not require a user to enter a boot password. I am currently using an endpoint software for DLP policy and it does not work with secure boot on. If I turn if...
  3. Booting secure boot PC from thumb drive vs CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting secure boot PC from thumb drive vs CD: Secure boot is enabled on my laptop. My Aomie boot CD will boot without turning secure boot off. However, if I burn the Aomie ISO to a USB thumb drive using Rufus, it will only work with SB turned off. Just wondering why the difference. Thanks for your help. 141875
  4. Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers: The USB 3.1 drivers found here are non-WHQL drivers and need Secure Boot to be disabled for the OS to boot. Take note that this is a legit site and is actually a famous one, in case you guys aren't familiar with it. So after trying out these drivers, I decided to use the...
  5. How to fix Secure Boot Violation in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Secure Boot Violation in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [IMG]If your Windows 10 computer does not boot normally, but instead displays a red warning box saying – Secure Boot Violation, Invalid signature detected, Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup then this post will help you. This problem occurs when [...] This post How...
  6. Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX

Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX: Hello, what is secure boot and does normally people need it. And what is the advantage of using it? And dies it work on windows 10. 139686
  7. Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX

in Windows 10 Support
    Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX: Hello, what is secure boot and does normally people need it. And what is the advantage of using it? And dies it work on windows 10. 139686
  8. Asus Laptop Q325UA Secure Boot Violation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Asus Laptop Q325UA Secure Boot Violation: Hi everyone I'm having a secure boot violation issue with my Asus Q325UA machine, which is just over a year old. Its CPU Intel Core i7 8550U 20 SSD 512 GB Ram 16GB was running the unit as normal and left it on overnight and restarted the next morning. Upon restart...
  9. Secure boot violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure boot violation: After my Asus laptop did an automatic upgrade i keep getting the message ”Invalid signature detection. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup” I press ok and get to a blue/grey Aptio Setup Utility. I’ve tried disabling the secure boot policy and tried enabling and disabling the...
  10. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise

Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise: Hello, I have secure boot enabled in the bios ( mobo asus z97-p ) , but in Windows 10, when i check in system information, it says it is disabled, can someone help?...