Windows 10: Windows 10 Security - Administrator account shows "signed In" when no user has signed into...

Discus and support Windows 10 Security - Administrator account shows "signed In" when no user has signed into... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have two administrator accounts for my wife and I and three local accounts for our grandchildren. I have been finding my administrator account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KevinPBasinger, May 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Security - Administrator account shows "signed In" when no user has signed into...

I have two administrator accounts for my wife and I and three local accounts for our grandchildren. I have been finding my administrator account listed as "signed in" when I try to sign my grandchildren out. I have also received "Microsoft Account Problem" on the local accounts with my email / Microsoft account asking for my password. Any way to secure the administrator accounts? When I try to search for an answer I get fifty pages of questions going back to Windows Vista and posts from 2016 - any way to apply a time frame on searches?

:)

KevinPBasinger, May 9, 2020

2. Microsoft account Sign in option under user account is not working

Hi NAvneet.

Many thanks for your help. But this didn't work.

Should I try the below procedure. Someone has suggested this method to similar query in other thread. Pls suggest:

Please follow the steps to enable the build in administrator and check if it helps:

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state to help keep the Computer secure. To do so follow the steps:
      net user administrator /active:no
    Please create a new administrator account using the Microsoft Account and check.

Shobhitjain2005, May 9, 2020
  3. mmortal03 Win User
    Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in  

I noticed that when doing this, the sign-in screen's background no longer respects the setting of the previous user. Instead, it uses whatever is set by the hidden administrator account. Luckily, TenForums also provides steps for how to login to this account: Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Edit: Nope, this only worked temporarily. It either switched back to a default Spotlight photo after making the administrator account inactive again, or simply changed it back to a Spotlight photo for some other reason.

Does anyone know how to properly change the sign-in screen background color/picture (not the lock screen) when not displaying the user name?

mmortal03, May 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Security - Administrator account shows "signed In" when no user has signed into...

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

In that case, you could use the method below to delete the "reddw" account to remove it if you have another administrator account to use. Don't delete your "reddw" account if you don't.

Delete User Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Are the other "Dad", "Ryan", and "test" accounts listed in netplwiz?

If able, post a screenshot to show your sign-in screen.

Brink, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Security - Administrator account shows "signed In" when no user has signed into...

1. Windows 10 Security - Administrator account shows "signed In" when no user has signed into... - Similar Threads - Security Administrator account

2. Administrator has restricted sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator has restricted sign in: An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your administrator sign in first...This is error my getting while sign in...
  3. Administrator has restricted sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator has restricted sign in: An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your administrator sign in first...This is error my getting while sign in...
  4. Can't sign into user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't sign into user account windows 10: My brother own HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-dk0045tx which recently gotBIOS update and he completed the process of the BIOS update but somehow his user account is got corrupted and shows this error message everytime he boot the laptop [ATTACH] i was trying to find some solution...
  5. Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??: When I set up my new Pavilion desktop, I set up my profile account using my Gmail/ Microsoft account as an ADMINISTRATOR. When I try to access my Quicken account, I get a message that Quicken does not allow administrators to access accounts! So, I suppose I have to set up...
  6. Signed into Microsoft Account but windows 10 security states not signed in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed into Microsoft Account but windows 10 security states not signed in: I am signed in to my Microsoft Account, yet Windows 10 Security page states I am not signed it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signed-into-microsoft-account-but-windows-10/a3052344-9911-4d78-a03d-b60fd995f70f"
  7. Unable to sign in to administrators account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to sign in to administrators account: i cant sign into administrators account, the administrators promt is hidden and also i cant make changes to my system and also cant access files on the administrators account [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. user accounts & signing in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    user accounts & signing in.: Belarc shows the following users on my refurbished Win10 desktop. [img] What is the defaultuser0 dated 1/22/2017 in the local user accounts section? --- That’s the date I turned on the computer for the first time. --- Where is it in my computer? Can I use it for...
  9. User Account not signing in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account not signing in: I have two user accounts on my PC. One local(password protected) and the other Outlook account(admin). Recently i am not able to sign-in to my local account, when i enter the user password, the welcome screen appears and after that signing-out screen appears and takes me...
  10. Show All Users at Sign in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Show All Users at Sign in to Windows 10: Please, can you tell me how to make when starting Windows 10 all users accounts appear? 6716