Windows 10: Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned.

Discus and support Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few days ago, a message popped up on my laptop saying, 'Windows 10 Update - Do not turn your computer off' - words to that effect. I get those... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 1Convict, Jul 2, 2019.

1. 1Convict Win User

Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned.

A few days ago, a message popped up on my laptop saying, 'Windows 10 Update - Do not turn your computer off' - words to that effect. I get those messages from time to time. However, after the update, my computer alerted me to a Security Alert - saying: "No Screen Pin Lock Detected on your Samsung Galaxy S8+" Well that is obvious as I only have a Samsung Galaxy S2. I am the only person who has access to my laptop and mobile phone. My S2 does have a Screen Pin Lock on it.

I am curious to know how or where this message came from and if it is likely to cause any problems? I have not noticed any problems so far. There is an option for me to delete that message, but I thought I would play safe and see if there is anything to be concerned about first - hence why I came here. I know this is a phone issue, but it was picked up by Windows 10. Thank you.

:)

1Convict, Jul 2, 2019
  2. lorraine walsh, Jul 2, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned.

pop-ups security alerts

Tried everything that was suggested . Still getting security alerts ( even while reading the e-mail from this issue .Also .when I tried to enter command prompt as was suggested on this .
    • Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type cd/.
    • Press Enter.
    • Type "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff.
    • Press Enter.
    • This did not go through .I forget the answer it gave ?
    • But nothing happened to change the fact I get security alerts ( in all I.E 11 , yahoo.ca.com/ my home page & Facebook ) in fact on any page I open .So annoying .I click esc, it stops and comes right back on my screen .Also tried the internet
      settings suggested on tools .Dated Aug,20.2017. Thank you .

leonormarie, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned.

1. Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned. - Similar Threads - Security Alert Regarding

2. Security alert--spyware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security alert--spyware: I need to contact someone by phone immediately! Please provide phone number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-alert-spyware/13ae28d5-2f4c-47ba-a1a4-966dbb7ff58e
  3. Security alert I received

Security alert I received: My personal laptop computer suddenly gave me an alert saying my computer was compromised by a Russian malware Trojan horse. I called the number they gave. They wanted to sell me security software. Is it a scam?...
  4. "Windows Security Alert" - scam??

"Windows Security Alert" - scam??: I received an email, allegedly from MS Official Windows Support, reporting a variety of suspicious actions on my account and asking that I contact Windows Support immediately. I think it's a scam. There's an 844-486-2888 number to call. I plan to ignore it. Any feedback? -...
  5. Security Alert

Security Alert: I have received a message from Microsoft that says it is a security alert and I am to call Microsoft immediately at a certain number. It then says I will have my computer shut down if I try to exit the page. Is this a scam....
  6. Windows Security Alert popup

Windows Security Alert popup: I'm dying with this problem, here's an image of what keeps popping up every time I open an app [img] I keep pressing to allow the app through private and public but once I open the app again the popup appears, I've formatted my laptop twice and went back to Windows 8.1 but...
  7. Security Alert

Security Alert: Windows Security Alert. Apple Ends Support for QuickTime for Windows; New Vulnerabilities Announced Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - 47453
  8. Windows Security Center Alert

Windows Security Center Alert: Under Device Performance and Health, received notice "Temporary Internet Files Not in Default Location." Ran the troubleshooter and issue was corrected. Anyone familiar with this error ? How would the files be changed to a location other than default ? OS is 1809,...
  9. Irritating Security Alert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Irritating Security Alert: Nice work @vivski. Thanks for running this to ground, and for sharing your solution with the forums. Much-appreciated. --Ed--
  10. Security Alert

in Windows 10 News
    Security Alert: Windows Security Alert. Apple Ends Support for QuickTime for Windows; New Vulnerabilities Announced Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - 47451