Windows 10: Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned.

Discus and support Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few days ago, a message popped up on my laptop saying, 'Windows 10 Update - Do not turn your computer off' - words to that effect. I get those... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 1Convict, Jul 2, 2019.

1. 1Convict Win User

Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned.

A few days ago, a message popped up on my laptop saying, 'Windows 10 Update - Do not turn your computer off' - words to that effect. I get those messages from time to time. However, after the update, my computer alerted me to a Security Alert - saying: "No Screen Pin Lock Detected on your Samsung Galaxy S8+" Well that is obvious as I only have a Samsung Galaxy S2. I am the only person who has access to my laptop and mobile phone. My S2 does have a Screen Pin Lock on it.

I am curious to know how or where this message came from and if it is likely to cause any problems? I have not noticed any problems so far. There is an option for me to delete that message, but I thought I would play safe and see if there is anything to be concerned about first - hence why I came here. I know this is a phone issue, but it was picked up by Windows 10. Thank you.

:)

1Convict, Jul 2, 2019
  2. lorraine walsh, Jul 2, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned.

pop-ups security alerts

Tried everything that was suggested . Still getting security alerts ( even while reading the e-mail from this issue .Also .when I tried to enter command prompt as was suggested on this .
    • Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type cd/.
    • Press Enter.
    • Type "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff.
    • Press Enter.
    • This did not go through .I forget the answer it gave ?
    • But nothing happened to change the fact I get security alerts ( in all I.E 11 , yahoo.ca.com/ my home page & Facebook ) in fact on any page I open .So annoying .I click esc, it stops and comes right back on my screen .Also tried the internet
      settings suggested on tools .Dated Aug,20.2017. Thank you .

leonormarie, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned.

1. Windows 10 Security Alert Regarding a Mobile I have never owned. - Similar Threads - Security Alert Regarding

2. security alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security alert: today i received a security alert about a recent sign in that might have been suspicious.the date was from June 2021 so what are you talking about? I don't consider that recent, do you. There's nowhere to answer the alert, of course. Am I supposed to remember June 5 2021?...
  3. security alert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security alert: today i received a security alert about a recent sign in that might have been suspicious.the date was from June 2021 so what are you talking about? I don't consider that recent, do you. There's nowhere to answer the alert, of course. Am I supposed to remember June 5 2021?...
  4. Windows security alert

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows security alert: Received a windows security alert with blaring horn and 888 number to call. Is this real , if not can I do a hard shut down to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-alert/c95a36c4-e5b4-4b0f-bcc8-defd24c8c5d2
  5. windows security alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security alert: computer froze up , called alert number, tech tied in with igrape solution says they sub work for windows security, fixed problem, signed up for I year subscription of security. if I had windows defender running would that take care of viruses, malware, is igrade legit, or...
  6. Security alert!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security alert!: Hi, guys. So I woke up this morning, I booted my laptop as usual, only to find that my firewall is turned off, along with my real time Web protection inside of Malwarebytes premium. I'm kinda panicking right now since I can't turn on firewall and real time web protection....
  7. Windows Security Alert

Windows Security Alert: I received the following popup. Is it safe? Windows Security Alert Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Host Process for Setting Synchronization of all public and private networks. Name:...
  8. Security alert I received

Security alert I received: My personal laptop computer suddenly gave me an alert saying my computer was compromised by a Russian malware Trojan horse. I called the number they gave. They wanted to sell me security software. Is it a scam?...
  9. Security Alert

Security Alert: Windows Security Alert. Apple Ends Support for QuickTime for Windows; New Vulnerabilities Announced Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - 47453
  10. Security Alert

in Windows 10 News
    Security Alert: Windows Security Alert. Apple Ends Support for QuickTime for Windows; New Vulnerabilities Announced Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - 47451