Windows 10: Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the...

Discus and support Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the Modern World There’s been so much excitement and energy around the Windows 10 Technical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, Oct 26, 2014.

1. A Guy Win User

Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the...

Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the Modern World

:)

A Guy, Oct 26, 2014
  2. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Andre Da Costa, Oct 26, 2014
  3. Smittychat. Win User
    Win 10 Updates Are Double-Installing

It was me. What I can do is split the McAfee posts to a New Thread. Will post the link here when finished.

Windows has the Phishing and SmartScreen Filters.

Starting with Internet Explorer 8, SmartScreen has helped protect you from malicious websites and applications coming from the web using SmartScreen’s application and URL reputation services. To help protect people who use different web browsers, Windows
    8.1 extends SmartScreen’s application reputation services to the operating system. The first time you run an app that originates from the Internet, no matter how it got copied to the PC, SmartScreen checks the reputation of the application based on digital
    signatures and other factors. If the app lacks a reputation, or it is known to be malicious, SmartScreen warns you or blocks execution entirely. If you trust the app, you can choose to run it anyway. For more information about SmartScreen, see

SmartScreen Application Reputation

Microsoft Details Windows 10 Security and Identity Protection FeaturesMicrosoft Details Windows 10 Security and Identity Protection Features | SecurityWeek.Com

Edit: New Thread for McAfee topic

McAfee Performance & Removal - Windows Defender Questions

Smittychat., Oct 26, 2014
  4. Layback Bear Win User

Thank you A Guy.
    That was a nice read.
    It's nice to see that Microsoft is putting security on one of the front burners.

BYOD has got to be a scarey thing for I.T. departments. How does one check what else comes along with ones own device.
    I do wonder how a I.T. department checks all those BYOD for infections before they are allowed to connect to the Cloud, network or domain. Just because one has the proper password to connect doesn't mean the hardware they are connecting is clean and safe.

Layback Bear, Oct 26, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the... - Similar Threads - Security Identity Protection

2. Does Windows Defender Security on Windows 10 provide sufficient protection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Windows Defender Security on Windows 10 provide sufficient protection?: Hello: I see that Windows Defender Security in Windows 10 does have AV Anti-Spyware and Firewall capabilities. Running just this built in security combination seems to make my PC operate more smoothly. But is third party software--other than occasional online...
  3. Security, Anti-Virus protection

Security, Anti-Virus protection: I have Viper Security installed on my Laptop, I have recently had a problem with receiving phony scams from a third party (inferring they are from Microsoft). I reported that to Microsoft Security. I now would like to switch from Viper to Defender (which is on my laptop)....
  4. Security protection

Security protection: I need to know if ajtechy is a third party support service for Microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_other/security-protection/bf664332-1ccb-4a32-b4a2-f85862f1f492
  5. Data protection (Security & privacy) in Windows 10 (Home version).

Data protection (Security & privacy) in Windows 10 (Home version).: Hello Sir or Madam, I have a question regarding the data protection in Windows 10 (Home Version). If my new laptop (Windows 10 Home Version) "was setup initially" with a login account and a strong password, can someone access my data files under my profile if my laptop with...
  6. HP Protect Tools Security Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Protect Tools Security Manager: We have a HP 4540S pro book we are ready to upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7 professional, however the install stops and says the protect tools has to be uninstalled manually so far we cannot uninstall it. We have tried to remove it in parts but as soon as the computer...
  7. New Windows 10 security features protect against ransomware

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 security features protect against ransomware: Recent ransomware threats, summarized in a new Microsoft report, highlight the need for advanced security. Windows 10 integrates next-gen security features that protect against ransomware, including multiple exploit mitigations, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection...
  8. Stepping up protection with intelligent security

in Windows 10 News
    Stepping up protection with intelligent security: With digital transformation, technology becomes increasingly central to every business and organization. This makes ensuring cybersecurity increasingly important. And, as employees increase their use of mobile devices and cloud-based apps, protecting their work requires a new...
  9. Tips for securing your identity against cybersecurity threats

in Windows 10 News
    Tips for securing your identity against cybersecurity threats: Introducing new video on best practices from the Microsoft Cyber Defense Operations Center [img] Ask any CISO or cybersecurity professional about their greatest security challenge, and it’s a good chance the answer will be “the actions of our people.”While virtually...
  10. Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for Today

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for Today: There’s been so much excitement and energy around the Windows 10 Technical Preview – including incredible momentum around the Windows Insider Program, where we recently hit 1 million total registrants, and over 200,000 pieces of user-initiated feedback. Thank you for...