Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 SECURITY APPS

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 SECURITY APPS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There are some great new security apps available on Android and iPhone, that I was unable to find for Windows-based computers. I was looking for an app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikewarren1, Feb 26, 2021.

1. WINDOWS 10 SECURITY APPS

There are some great new security apps available on Android and iPhone, that I was unable to find for Windows-based computers. I was looking for an app that can actually alarm me when I am being hacked. Such apps on Android are called names such as Anti-Spy, WireTap Detector, and so on. As soon as private files are accessed, such as your location or contacts list, the app tells you by sounding an alarm, and can even show which app was responsible for the hack such as Facebook, and what the hack or bug has accessed such as location or contacts list. Note that it also alarms the owner when the microphone or camera is being accessed.

The amazing thing is that when I installed these security apps recently, they were beeping and buzzing a lot, and actually I found out that I was being hacked every day, several times. It's no wonder that everyone knows so much about you!

This is a very serious issue and I personally try everything I can to get it stopped. I have been using antivirus and anti-spyware for over twenty years, and weekly scan for trojans, virus, malware, and everything. It rarely finds anything and rarely changes or improves security at all. Another problem is that firewalls and antivirus notify the user by showing a complex code such as a filename and path, or even machine language. We do need the results to be clear and in plain language for the normal computer owner.

:)

mikewarren1, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

WINDOWS 10 SECURITY APPS

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 SECURITY APPS

1. WINDOWS 10 SECURITY APPS - Similar Threads - SECURITY APPS

2. Does Phone Link have the same security features as the Enterprise apps like Outlook, Teams,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Phone Link have the same security features as the Enterprise apps like Outlook, Teams,...: The new company I work for won't allow me to download Phone Link to my work computer "citing concerns with using a personal phone." My response was that I have Outlook, Teams, and One Drive on my personal phone.Their rebuttal: "Phone Link cannot be securd the way we secure...
  3. Does Phone Link have the same security features as the Enterprise apps like Outlook, Teams,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Phone Link have the same security features as the Enterprise apps like Outlook, Teams,...: The new company I work for won't allow me to download Phone Link to my work computer "citing concerns with using a personal phone." My response was that I have Outlook, Teams, and One Drive on my personal phone.Their rebuttal: "Phone Link cannot be securd the way we secure...
  4. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  5. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  6. My brand new laptop doesnt support standard device security and app and browser control...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brand new laptop doesnt support standard device security and app and browser control...: Hey, i just bought a new hp victus and it turns out that it doesnt support windows standard hardware security even though all the requirements for it are met. Not only that but even app and browser control doesnt work idk what to do....
  7. My brand new laptop doesnt support standard device security and app and browser control...

My brand new laptop doesnt support standard device security and app and browser control...: Hey, i just bought a new hp victus and it turns out that it doesnt support windows standard hardware security even though all the requirements for it are met. Not only that but even app and browser control doesnt work idk what to do....
  8. Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...: I have entered safe mode and deleted the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History folder as some people have suggested and this has not helped. How can I see what the potentially unwanted application is and if I wanted keep it. How do I remove the...
  9. Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...

Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...: I have entered safe mode and deleted the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History folder as some people have suggested and this has not helped. How can I see what the potentially unwanted application is and if I wanted keep it. How do I remove the...
  10. my window security is gone and mss can't open to download apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my window security is gone and mss can't open to download apps: helpppp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-window-security-is-gone-and-mss-cant-open-to/09cad13f-507c-4bd0-bf94-261c9bc24ca8