Windows 10: Windows 10 security asking me to turn on virus and firewall

Discus and support Windows 10 security asking me to turn on virus and firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Bitdefender Total Security - it is up to date and working perfectly but I have a continuous message from windows security telling me to turn... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Saltypuppy06, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Windows 10 security asking me to turn on virus and firewall

I am using Bitdefender Total Security - it is up to date and working perfectly but I have a continuous message from windows security telling me to turn on virus protect and firewall.

Is this a fault with the update KB4483235 on 21/12/2018 as this is when it started please can someone sort this out I have to uninstall this update as the messages are driving me mad.

Is this another stupid Windows 10 mistake is it any wonder I hate this OS

:)

Saltypuppy06, Dec 31, 2018

2. Windows 10 security asking me to turn on virus and firewall

I am using Bitdefender Total Security - it is up to date and working perfectly but I have a continuous message from windows security telling me to turn on virus protect and firewall.

Is this a fault with the update KB4483235 on 21/12/2018 as this is when it started please can someone sort this out I have to uninstall this update as the messages are driving me mad.

Is this another stupid Windows 10 mistake is it any wonder I hate this OS

Saltypuppy06, Jan 10, 2020
  3. windows 10 firewall keeps turning itself ON how to stop it

Hello,

From your issue description, I understand that you have an issue with “Windows Firewall”, as it turns off, and then turn on
    by itself.

Please be informed that Installation of more than one security programs leads to conflict. Install any one antivirus program and update it with latest definition updates.

Method 1:

Perform Virus Scan in Safe Mode with Networking:

Note: Some of viruses are unable to detect in Normal mode. So I suggest you to perform “Virus can in Safe mode with Networking” and then check.

Step 1:

Start the computer in “Safe mode with networking mode”, to start the computer with minimal set of drivers and files and also includes the network drivers and services needed to access the Internet or other computers on
    your network. You may follow the article below and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2: Perform Virus Scan:

Disclaimer for Virus scan: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

• The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

2. Restart the computer to see whether the problem goes away.

Method 2: Disable or uninstall Third party Windows Firewall program and then check.

Disclaimer to disable Firewall: You should not turn off Windows Firewall unless you have another firewall enabled. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your computer (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable
    to damage from worms or hackers.

Note: Once you performed the steps, make sure you ‘Turn on the Firewall’ and
    re-enable the antivirus to avoid the risk of virus infection.

If the issue persists, post your reply with results and the questions asked as above. We are happy to assist you further with advanced troubleshooting steps!

Hope it helps.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Windows 10 security asking me to turn on virus and firewall

Windows Firewall security alert keeps popping up.

Hello,

Windows Firewall plays an important part in helping to protect your computer against virus and security threats. Your concern is cause by a conflicting changes in your security settings. However we suggest that you turn off Security messages for Network
    firewall temporarily to check if the issue persists. Follow these steps:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left side, click Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Uncheck the box on the left side of Network firewall.
    • Restart your computer.

After an hour, enable Network firewall again. We also recommend that you use another browser and check if the issue persists.

Note: If you disable Windows Firewall for a long period of time, your computer will be more vulnerable to unauthorized access to your network.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 security asking me to turn on virus and firewall

1. Windows 10 security asking me to turn on virus and firewall - Similar Threads - security asking turn

2. Asking about firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking about firewall: Today I started to use Avast firewall instead of windows firewall. Can Avast firewall make any privacy harm to my data or PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/asking-about-firewall/c777989d-4089-4d10-a0cb-25fd59932ceb
  3. turn off windows security, anti virus and firewall

turn off windows security, anti virus and firewall: cannot import app, laplink, whilst defender and firewall is active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-security-anti-virus-and-firewall/c887e70b-a733-4a30-a0f2-b91a6eb05e2e
  4. Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?!

Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?!: Hello, I have KIS and it always running on, but I still get this notification more than twice in a the day !! What's wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-asks-me-to-turn-on-the-antivirus/9a86645c-ba8c-4b44-a0d1-a85650c42eb6
  5. Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily

Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily: I've been having a problem with the 4k YouTube to MP3 program, and this is one of support's suggestions: Turn off firewall, antivirus or any other program that may interfere with 4K YouTube to MP3's working at least for the time of downloading. If it has solved the issue...
  6. Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?!

Windows asks me to turn on the antivirus ?!: Hello, I have KIS and it always running on, but I still get this notification maybe twice or more in a the day !! What's wrong ? [img] 157118
  7. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe
  8. "Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall"

"Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall": Hello. I am running Windows 10 on desktop Dell system. Last week, I started having problems with Thunderbird not auto downloading new messages from Gmail. Someone advised me to restart my computer in Safe Mode and see if that fixed the problem, because he suspected is was a...
  9. turn off windows firewall and kaspersky internet security

turn off windows firewall and kaspersky internet security: hi [img] how turn on? i click in view firewall option and click turn on kaspersky but it isnt work 43268
  10. Windows 10 Firewall will not turn on.

Windows 10 Firewall will not turn on.: I have a ZBOX, which came with Windows 7 installed. This was updated to Windows 10 a few weeks before the free offer ran out & was running fine. Recently, I started getting the error message that Windows Firewall wasn't running & to tap to start it. When I do so, I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows 10 virus firewall secure

2. new windows 10 tells me my firewall and antivirus is off

3. windows 10 dell startup firewall asking

4. firewall and anti virus total security win 10,
  5. windows 10 nags me to turn on firewall 2019,
  6. why win 10 asks for firewall,
  7. windows ask to turn on windwos firewall,
  8. windows security tells me that my firewall is when it is on