Windows 10: Windows 10 Security Center Issues with Other Providers and Itself.

Discus and support Windows 10 Security Center Issues with Other Providers and Itself. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. I am Kenny, and I am currently using Windows 10 1903 Build. I have run into several issues now but one that is the most alarming... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KennyGeneva8, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Security Center Issues with Other Providers and Itself.

Hello Everyone.

I am Kenny, and I am currently using Windows 10 1903 Build.

I have run into several issues now but one that is the most alarming centers around Windows Security.

I currently use Malwarebytes Premium with Windows Defender and the problems started soon after the 1903 update.

The problem is as follows:

Back in update 1809, I had MBAM and Windows Security running together. Windows Defender was in charge of the security and I simply ran MBAM as another layer of protection.

What I like of Windows Defender / Security are the new anti-exploit measures as my organization has been targeted before by attackers through failed remote attacks.

Now, when I updated to 1903 I noticed that MBAM was in charge of the security, I was not notified of this change, until I installed an app and noticed it created a desktop icon. With the exploit protection enabled (Windows Security Ransomware protection), apps cannot usually modify desktop settings unless I declare so. I thought that was odd. Then I noticed that, when Windows Security made the switch, I had lost this extra protection and now MBAM was in charge.

I liked the previous system better so I thought to change the settings back as I had them, this unleashed a nightmare worth of issues:

Windows 10 Security Center Issues with Other Providers and Itself. 1e8395a0-41fc-4f85-a908-e4302af866f4?upload=true.png

I hope the image is not too big.

Well as soon as I made the switch and activate tamper protection I ran into several issues:

#1 The screen above displays how Windows Security was disabled for quite some time before I could actually set everything back in order.

As soon as I updated the settings, I restarted the PC to set things back in order, this set issue #2.

#2 The PC started but Windows Security tray was not available from the taskbar menu icon. I had to browse an open the app manually which displayed several issues. Virus and Threat Protection was in a loading state which I had never seen before today. The most concerning issue happened 5 minutes later when the V&TP section finished loading, it displayed that there was no Anti-Malware provider, not even Windows Security Itself.

After toying with the settings a bit I managed to get the screen you see above, after running a scan, Windows Security Settings went back in order, except that Security Providers did not display Malwarebytes anymore. I decided to turn off tamper protection and restart

#3 The issue persisted on reboots, I had to wait a while before Windows Security loaded the settings, for which most of them were deactivated.

After some time I managed to get Malwarebytes to pop as a security provider and simply set it as the default provider.

Windows 10 Security Center Issues with Other Providers and Itself. 5cd81981-4b8c-43d4-9f5e-d1849dd46c93?upload=true.png

#4 After some suffering and time lost, I managed to get back to square one.

Real Time protection is disabled and so is controlled folder which is not what I wanted and on top of that I am uncertain if any (MBAM or Windows Security) are effectively protecting anything.

In short, I will have to do a Fresh Start just to be on the safe side.

I am reporting this issue as I think this is something Microsoft should take a look at.

If anyone knows any test I could do tell if MBAM or Windows Security are working, I would appreciate it.

Also, I noticed that MBAM was never affected whether I set it as my provider or turn it off. Turn off apparently never did anything to MBAM.

In addition, I cannot say if in the October Update if MBAM was simply not recognized as Windows Security worked independently while still mentioning that MBAM was active.

I hope this information can be of any worth in the future.

Kind regards - Kenny.

:)

KennyGeneva8, Jun 5, 2019

2. Windows keeps turning off the security center.

Hi Maninder,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type Services.msc then hit enter.
    • Services Console will appear.
    • Find Security Center Service on the right details pane > right click it choose properties >
    • Security Center Properties should appear > on the General Tab
    set start-up type to automatic (Delayed start)

• On service Status Stop and then Start.

If this does not works & error still continues then there are more chances that your system is infected

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with Security Center. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Security Center Service can't be started

I am also having a probem starting windows security center. When I did the following step: I found the following disabled:

Security center properties

Windows update properties

Security center WSCSV

Remote registry

net.tcp port sharing

internet connection sharing

COMODO LPS launcher

COMODO Internet security

Auto time zone update

Should these be enabled and if so how do I enable them?

I have no defense toward any threats at this time. Please help!!

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press Enter.
    • Locate for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Check whether the following services are Started and set to Automatic.

vickibaughman, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Windows 10 Security Center Issues with Other Providers and Itself.

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Security Center Issues with Other Providers and Itself.

1. Windows 10 Security Center Issues with Other Providers and Itself. - Similar Threads - Security Center Issues

2. Windows Server: no integration for 3rd party "providers" in "security center"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server: no integration for 3rd party "providers" in "security center"?: We're seeing Windows Defender and Palo Alto Cortex XDR fighting for resources on a number of our Windows Server instances......and noticed that "Cortex XDR" is not listed as a "provider" in Windows Security Center despite having been installed.clicking on "Manage providers"...
  3. Windows Server: no integration for 3rd party "providers" in "security center"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server: no integration for 3rd party "providers" in "security center"?: We're seeing Windows Defender and Palo Alto Cortex XDR fighting for resources on a number of our Windows Server instances......and noticed that "Cortex XDR" is not listed as a "provider" in Windows Security Center despite having been installed.clicking on "Manage providers"...
  4. Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.: I have Windows 11 S Mode.Windows Security suggests Finding Security Apps in the Microsoft Store.Has anyone with my Windows mode downloaded a security app from Microsoft Store. It is my understanding that if I download another security app, it may be in conflict with Windows...
  5. Windows Security says No Security Providers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Security says No Security Providers in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you initiate a virus scan in Windows Defender on Windows 10 and the scan doesn’t run; and then you check Windows Security Center […] This article Windows Security says No Security Providers in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. security center windows defender issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security center windows defender issue: hello, last month my computer stopped updating and windows defender went blank, i instantly installed malwarebyte and ran it, but my issue persisted, few days ago i came across a forum page where a guy posted lines of code where you paste it on a notepad and save it as a .reg...
  7. No security providers in windows 10

No security providers in windows 10: I noticed today that I cannot perform a virus scan and checked my security settings and found out that there is no security provider for antivirus, firewall and web protection. How and why did it happen? What are the things that I need to do to get the pc's protection back?...
  8. Windows Defender and Security Center Issues on Windows 10

Windows Defender and Security Center Issues on Windows 10: Hello, I have had this issues for the last couple of weeks and I have tried multiple solutions that have all played out in vain. The issues can be summed as the following: Windows Defender cannot start When opening windows security from the settings on windows 10...
  9. Is Norton Security Better Than Other Total Security Providers?

Is Norton Security Better Than Other Total Security Providers?: Hello everyone, Here I need an answer to this question that is Norton Security Better Than Other Total Security Providers? Please suggest me if you know about anything about both antivirus providers?...
  10. WD Security Center reports I'm using other antivirus providers

WD Security Center reports I'm using other antivirus providers: Hello everyone! I'm having an issue with Windows 10 version 1703. I have tried a lot of solutions, seems nothing helps. Since Creators Update my Windows Defender doesn't seem to work as intended. I mean: scanning does work, updating does work, real time protection does work,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security web protection no providers