Windows 10: Windows 10 security flaw?

Discus and support Windows 10 security flaw? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There are a whole ton of weird articles saying the NSA informed microsoft about a serious security flaw in windows 10 that I don't particularly think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnnaKyle39, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 security flaw?

There are a whole ton of weird articles saying the NSA informed microsoft about a serious security flaw in windows 10 that I don't particularly think it's true. I would like conformation on whether or not it's true

Thanks in advance

:)

AnnaKyle39, Jan 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 security flaws

Hi,

This is Agnivesh

This is a major security flaw with Microsoft windows 10 pro . I had actually forgotten my windows account password.I wanted to crack and make a new account on my laptop.I had tried a bunch of ways to crack the OS but none was proved successful.Then
    I came with an idea to go to the automatic repair

and use CMD to make the Ease of Access CMD and it was successful. I created a new windows account and was successful in loging on to windows.

Though I was happy to crack and make and a new windows account with full administrator privileges but this is a serious security flaw with windows 10 .If the Microsoft community wants the full steps to the process please mail me at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. And I want
    a soon update on this in windows 10.

Thank You

Regards Agnivesh

AgniveshNandan, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 security flaw?

Security Flaw Discovered in Google Toolbar

A security flaw has been discovered in Google's Toolbar which could allow criminals to steal data or install malicious software onto people’s computers. The flaw works by exploiting the toolbar’s ability to install new buttons, and allows a hacker to potentially disguise malicious code as a legitimate button due to the fact that the toolbar does not perform adequate checks when buttons are being installed. To become a victim of the vulnerability, a user would have to be tricked into clicking a link which would open a new popup window asking them to install a custom button, which appears to be installed from a legitimate site such as Google. It then needs to be run from the toolbar, and a user would have to agree to downloading and running an executable. Given the number of steps involved, the flaw is not being treated as critical, and Google is already working on a fix for the problem.

Source: Yahoo! News

Jimmy 2004, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 security flaw?

1. Windows 10 security flaw? - Similar Threads - security flaw

2. I have found a security flaw in Windows 10. Where to contact?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have found a security flaw in Windows 10. Where to contact?: Today I have found a security hole in Windows10 and I think it needs to be fixed asap. So , Any way to contact Microsoft before more devices getting affected too? submitted by /u/sksenweb [link] [comments]...
  3. "NSA discovers security flaw in Microsoft Windows operating system"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "NSA discovers security flaw in Microsoft Windows operating system": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4k0Ctb4uT4 Thought I would share. 148476
  4. Eclypsium finds security flaws in 40 kernel drivers from 20 vendors

in Windows 10 News
    Eclypsium finds security flaws in 40 kernel drivers from 20 vendors: As part of Eclypsium’s ongoing hardware and firmware security research, we have become increasingly interested in the area of insecure drivers and how they can be abused in an attack against a device. Drivers that provide access to system BIOS or system components for the...
  5. Crashes, security flaws and bad MS design.

Crashes, security flaws and bad MS design.: While I sit here enduring yet another crash of Windows due to some cryptic Microsoft bug I thought I would take the time to tell MS how I really feel about them. In 2010 I left MS Windows for the Mac after having used Windows Since Windows 95. To that point I had endured...
  6. Windows 10 security flaws

Windows 10 security flaws: Hi, This is Agnivesh This is a major security flaw with Microsoft windows 10 pro . I had actually forgotten my windows account password.I wanted to crack and make a new account on my laptop.I had tried a bunch of ways to crack the OS but none was proved...
  7. Security flaw lets attackers recover private keys from Qualcomm chips

in Windows 10 News
    Security flaw lets attackers recover private keys from Qualcomm chips: Devices using Qualcomm chipsets, and especially smartphones and tablets, are vulnerable to a new security bug that can let attackers retrieve private data and encryption keys that are stored in a secure area of the chipset known as the Qualcomm Secure Execution Environment...
  8. WinRAR - Patch your app now- Security Flaw

WinRAR - Patch your app now- Security Flaw: Do you have WinRAR installed on your Windows PC? Then you’re probably vulnerable to attack. RARLab patched a dangerous security bug at the end of February 2019, but WinRAR doesn’t automatically update itself. Most WinRAR installations are still vulnerable. Source:...
  9. W10 'Encrypt contents of secure data' option remains flawed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 'Encrypt contents of secure data' option remains flawed: Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.134) Bitlocker 2.0 encrypted system 1. In File Explorer go to the C: drive and create TestEncryption folder: 2. Right-click on the TestEncryption folder and click Properties. 3. Click on the...
  10. Windows 10 security flaw

Windows 10 security flaw: My brother sometimes uses my computer and I once deleted his account cause I thought he wouldn't need it, but he once wanted to use it and he didn't know my password and he created an account on his own. I do know that he has a flash drive that can bypass the password or...