Windows 10: Windows 10 Security - How do you set AUTO scans??

Discus and support Windows 10 Security - How do you set AUTO scans?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cant figure out how to set Auto Scans in Windows Security. How do you do it. Also is Windows Security looking for viruses in the background like... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by apppro2, May 10, 2020.

1. apppro2 Win User

Windows 10 Security - How do you set AUTO scans??

I cant figure out how to set Auto Scans in Windows Security.

How do you do it.

Also is Windows Security looking for viruses in the background like my McAfee did?? I just deleted it and don't know if Windows is running scans.

:)

apppro2, May 10, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Windows 10 Security - How do you set AUTO scans?? [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Windows 10 Security - How do you set AUTO scans?? [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, May 10, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Security - How do you set AUTO scans??

Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Security - How do you set AUTO scans??

1. Windows 10 Security - How do you set AUTO scans?? - Similar Threads - Security set AUTO

2. Advanced security settings for scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced security settings for scans: I'm troubleshooting the "start actions" function in windows defender and one of the steps is to clear an item in the scans folder and the quarantine folder bit when I go to update the permissions it's grayed out. I've tried everything to change the permissions but it still...
  3. Advanced security settings for scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced security settings for scans: I'm troubleshooting the "start actions" function in windows defender and one of the steps is to clear an item in the scans folder and the quarantine folder bit when I go to update the permissions it's grayed out. I've tried everything to change the permissions but it still...
  4. How do you auto scroll long menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you auto scroll long menu?: When I right-click on a file, there are a bunch of options here and I always find it hard to navigate to the property via mouse it is located at the end of this right-click menu. In order to navigate to this property menu, I have to click the arrows circled in red below. In...
  5. How do you auto scroll long menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you auto scroll long menu?: When I right-click on a file, there are a bunch of options here and I always find it hard to navigate to the property via mouse it is located at the end of this right-click menu. In order to navigate to this property menu, I have to click the arrows circled in red below. In...
  6. Unable to see Auto Scan by Windows Security.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to see Auto Scan by Windows Security.: To, Microsoft Hi, this is Gavin. I am using the following Windows OS & Windows Security Version → OS: Windows 10, Version 2004 OS Build: 19041.572 → Windows Security Formerly Windows Defender: Antimalware Client Version - 4.18.2009.7, Engine Version - 1.1.17500.4,...
  7. Is there a priority setting for Windows security scan?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a priority setting for Windows security scan?: I'm using my i7 4500U laptop as I'm traveling and can't use my desktop. When the scan is running, it uses 80-95% of the CPU cycles. Firefox severely stutters with page loads taking minutes and VLC music playing skips constantly. I would much rather it sit at 10-50% usage for...
  8. How do you set the timer resolution in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you set the timer resolution in windows 10?: Back in the xp days you can add to the boot.ini file /TIMERES= (number) can you still add this switch using bcdedit /set and if not is there an alternative you can use in windows 10 1903? (I tried to google it but i cant seem to find what im looking for. 143936
  9. how do you scan multiple pages into one scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you scan multiple pages into one scan: how do you scan multiple pages into one scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-scan-multiple-pages-into-one-scan/b09eedee-518a-4c9c-a22c-5ad13f4a4446"
  10. Auto Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto Scan: W10 pc with 98 days to go on a Kaspersky 2-year subscription. Until about a month ago, I think, Kaspersky did a quick auto scan on any device that I connected via USB. It has stopped doing that and I can't find how to bring it back. Perhaps it does scan immediately but...