Windows 10: Windows 10 Security is driving me crazy! Full scans goes back to the desktop screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Security is driving me crazy! Full scans goes back to the desktop screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I downloaded Windows 10 last year and overall I'm happy with the OS. The one thing driving me crazy is the virus scanner. I hope I can describe... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by glitterfalls, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Security is driving me crazy! Full scans goes back to the desktop screen

Hi,

I downloaded Windows 10 last year and overall I'm happy with the OS. The one thing driving me crazy is the virus scanner. I hope I can describe this clearly and to the point.

Some background info: I randomly scan the computer whenever I have the urge to do so. Not like I do it every single day or even every week. I just try to do it at least once or twice a month and I always do it on full scan. I'm also somebody that lets the virus scanner do its thing. I make sure I'm not on the computer doing anything else while the computer is scanning for viruses. It usually takes a couple of hours to scan the whole thing. Don't have a problem with that. Seems like a short amount of time for me considering all the stuff I have on the computer. I think I've also taken off any "sleep" setting on the computer because I was thinking maybe that had something to do with my problem.

Problem: Okay, I'll have a full scan running. No problems going on, not like a blue screen pops up or it looks like its freezing up or anything. The scan screen will just vanish off the screen and go back to my desktop. Yesterday I pulled up the task menu to see if it perhaps is just finishing in the background. Didn't see anything. Third time was the charm and I actually got a full scan to finish and stay on the screen. No viruses detected.

So what's going on? Why is this happening? What can I do to stop it? This has been happening for a few months and I'd reset the program and then start the scan again. Yesterday I just got fed up with it and decided it was time to reach out and see if I can fix this problem. Very hopeful somebody can help me out and I thank you all for any replies and help.

:)

glitterfalls, Jan 2, 2020
  2. JoeJY Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Security is driving me crazy! Full scans goes back to the desktop screen

After the Windows 10 Update, Keyboard goes crazy

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to check if there is any new updates available for Windows.

If you experience this issue with keyboard. I suggest you to remove the keyboard and try with different keyboard and check if the issue continues.

As you have mentioned you have updated the driver.

You may run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
        and hit Enter.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

You can follow the steps in the following article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Uttam Yadav, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Security is driving me crazy! Full scans goes back to the desktop screen

1. Windows 10 Security is driving me crazy! Full scans goes back to the desktop screen - Similar Threads - Security driving crazy

2. Windows Security Full Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Full Scan: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public ReleaseHas anyone else seen this? This just started happening today, but when running a Full Scan, about 1/4 of the way into the scan, the words "no threat found" will appear above the progress bar even though the scan has not completed. When...
  3. Windows Security Full Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Full Scan: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public ReleaseHas anyone else seen this? This just started happening today, but when running a Full Scan, about 1/4 of the way into the scan, the words "no threat found" will appear above the progress bar even though the scan has not completed. When...
  4. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  5. Screen freezes and mouse goes crazy.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes and mouse goes crazy.: Hello, I always try to solve this problems by myself but I cant with this one. A few weeks ago my computer started to freeze for a second every few minutes, it is not much but is anoying. And the mouse every few minutes too goes crazy and moves by itself. This happens in a...
  6. These blue screens are driving me crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    These blue screens are driving me crazy: Hello, I recently had I virus on my computer which I tried to get rid of 2 days straight. The virus started slowly deleting files and I was getting a whole lot oh adds and kept on giving my Blue screen errors, most of the errors were Memory management, so I completely reset...
  7. Screen disappears and goes back to desktop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen disappears and goes back to desktop screen: Have not made any changes to settings. Can be on any software screen and the screen reverts back to the desktop. Move the mouse and the original screen reappears....
  8. Headphones driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones driving me crazy: Hey, Just after I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed my headphones were making a weird noise whenever sound was playing, and then the sound sticking around for about five seconds when the sound stopped playing. Here's a sample: Headphone Beep This was quieter and more...
  9. Windows 10 goes back to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 goes back to desktop: So I'm having this problem where my computer goes to desktop no matter what I'm doing at the time. I tried to remember if I was pressing some certain buttons that would cause this to happen but it is completely random. Because I'm playing games most of the time this can get...
  10. Driving me crazy!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Driving me crazy!!: May some one please help me, it's been quite a few years so bare with me. I have just bought a dell xps13 and I have a problem with my start menu, much user name and pic appear on the left side but in the middle. How can I move my name and pic to the top of the start menu??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. un a quick scan in 10S mode