Windows 10: Windows 10 Security Key Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Security Key Problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I have been trying all weekend to fix this little issue I am having. I am trying to change my sign-in options (specifically the security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bigazzchungus, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Security Key Problem

Hello all, I have been trying all weekend to fix this little issue I am having. I am trying to change my sign-in options (specifically the security key) but when I click on "Security Key" I get a message telling me to insert my security key. The problem is I have never set up a security key nonetheless I don't even own one. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

submitted by /u/bigazzchungus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bigazzchungus, Feb 28, 2021

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Feb 28, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Security Key Problem

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Security Key Problem

1. Windows 10 Security Key Problem - Similar Threads - Security Key Problem

2. Security Devices yellow key problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Devices yellow key problem: I have a problem in device manager in Security devices I have the little yellow key on the trusted platform module 2.0, it's a 5 day old new system running windows 11 pro, so far I have cleared the TPM, updated bios and uninstalled security devices then restated my pc to...
  3. Security Devices yellow key problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Devices yellow key problem: I have a problem in device manager in Security devices I have the little yellow key on the trusted platform module 2.0, it's a 5 day old new system running windows 11 pro, so far I have cleared the TPM, updated bios and uninstalled security devices then restated my pc to...
  4. Windows 10 network security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 network security key: Cannot connect to wifi via desktop wirelessWhen security key is entered it says “Some information has changed…Wifi works on other devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-network-security-key/7810132b-0022-46a9-babb-4df16e92655c
  5. Windows 10 network security key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 network security key: Cannot connect to wifi via desktop wirelessWhen security key is entered it says “Some information has changed…Wifi works on other devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-network-security-key/7810132b-0022-46a9-babb-4df16e92655c
  6. Windows 10 network security key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Security Key Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Key Windows 10: Is it possible to make a setup that allows for logging into my windows device with either a security key OR pin? If so, then how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-key-windows-10/c0144741-17b2-4c78-9465-98465c05005e
  8. Windows 10, Windows Security problems.

Windows 10, Windows Security problems.: Currently, upon trying to edit windows security settings on my brand new computer, every time I open Windows Security, and click "Open Windows Security" to change settings, I get the strange error of "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" and only giving me...
  9. Windows 10 Security Problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Security Problem.: Hoping for a little help with my current issue. For about a week now, my computer has been acting weird. The windows security icon in the hiddin icons tray at the bottom right will not activate when being clicked on. I can search for windows security and open it that way, but...
  10. Problems with installing a security key

Problems with installing a security key: Have tried to install a Yubi security key, but Microsoft keeps responding with "Your browser or operating system does not support this" Since I use Edge and my operating system is Windows 10 - 1809 build which supposedly are the correct browser and operating system I am at a...