Windows 10: Windows 10 Security Scan Concern

Discus and support Windows 10 Security Scan Concern in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I ran a Quick scan on my Windows 10 system today after doing a check for updates. It was much quicker than usual, only scanning 7 files. The I ran a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThomGros, Sep 17, 2019.

1. ThomGros Win User

Windows 10 Security Scan Concern

I ran a Quick scan on my Windows 10 system today after doing a check for updates. It was much quicker than usual, only scanning 7 files. The I ran a Full Scan and it seemed the same as the quick scan, much quicker than normal and only scanning 7 files. Normally, in the past when I would run a Full Scan, it would take about 20 minutes to 30 minutes. When I then did a custom scan, selecting all my files on my PC, a scan was performed of about 800,000 files. My question is what would cause the Quick Scan and Full Scan to change in the files that they are scanning. I did not make any changes and am wondering if I might have contracted a bug or what kind of error could have caused this change and how I might correct it.

:)

ThomGros, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

security scan

Hi,

It's possible that some corrupted system files are preventing Windows Defender from running a scan on your computer. we'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest performing a clean boot to find out if this behavior is
    caused by a third-party program. This will load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, preventing software conflicts from occurring. If you can perform a security scan in a clean boot environment, check the section How to determine
    what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot
    for what to do next.

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Security Scan Concern - Similar Threads - Security Scan Concern

2. Security Concern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Concern: Hello, I've discovered some serious security leaks on my devices and I need to make sure of a few things.I suspect my HDD got cloned and used on another machine, let's assume that my windows account and settings and edge data passwords of other accounts got leaked. Maybe my...
  3. Security Concern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Concern: Hello, I've discovered some serious security leaks on my devices and I need to make sure of a few things.I suspect my HDD got cloned and used on another machine, let's assume that my windows account and settings and edge data passwords of other accounts got leaked. Maybe my...
  4. Security Concern

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Security concerns for Windows 10 Pro

Security concerns for Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I recently purchased a Lenovo E14 Laptop ThinkPad which came inbuilt with the Windows 10 Pro operating system. I did not get the box for the Windows 10 Pro costing ~£200, which I am told is a normal practise now. I have some security concerns for my system which I...
  6. Windows 10 Security concern.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Security concern.: Lost control of PC , second monitor screen went black and mouse control was lost i.e moving without any input from me. Disconnected from internet gained back control. Running diagnostics now. Checking regedit , found some unusual entries, hoping someone on here can check...
  7. Security Concerns

Security Concerns: A while ago when I uploaded a file to virustotal it was clean but when I uploaded the same file a month later it says 1 antivirus says its malicious Does that make it safe then?...
  8. Security concerns with Windows 10 1903 failing updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security concerns with Windows 10 1903 failing updates.: I have had update issues (along with everyone else) for months. I've tried several 'fixes' but I've only been able to get a few updates. It doesn't appear that there is any urgency to address these problems but my primary concern is the security patches I'm no longer...
  9. BitLocker Security concerns

BitLocker Security concerns: I just stumbled into an issue and would like to ask if this is normal or not. My UEFI boot order is the Windows Boot Manager and then the Internal HDD, nothing else. Except when I insert the USB flash drive, that shows up in the Boot Sequence menu options among the last boot...
  10. Security concern and a bit confused

Security concern and a bit confused: I stumbled upon this Group policy setting that when I Disable the policy, the Admin Username will not be displayed in the UAC prompt when elevated from a Standard user account. Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation Meanwhile, I can select and see the Admin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security is only scanning 7 files

2. windows security quick scan

3. windows 10 quick scan problems

4. why windows security didnt do a automatic scan sep 20 2019,
  5. problems with windows 10 security scans2019,
  6. windows security quick scan only 30 files,
  7. why is security scan so short windows 10,
  8. win 10 security only scanning 8 files ,
  9. window security is not doing a full scan stopping after scanning only eight sites. What is wrong?,
  10. windows security terminates after only a few files are scanned,
  11. windows 10 windows security quick scan only scanned four files,
  12. windows security only scans 14 files,
  13. windows security full scan aborted after 4 files