Windows 10: Windows 10 Security update issue - update causes dual monitor functionality issues when I...

Discus and support Windows 10 Security update issue - update causes dual monitor functionality issues when I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I remote into my computer at my work with Citrix. I have a dual monitor display at work and at home. It functions just fine until this security update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ACEMoney, Mar 16, 2021.

1. ACEMoney Win User

Windows 10 Security update issue - update causes dual monitor functionality issues when I...

I remote into my computer at my work with Citrix. I have a dual monitor display at work and at home. It functions just fine until this security update was installed. It causes what I am thinking is some sort of refresh rate issue. When I move things back and forth between the screens you can't see the folder or window in the other screen until you touch the Citrix bar at the top.

When I uninstall the windows security update on my end, then everything works just fine. I have been uninstalling this update since I believe early 2020.

WIndows always forces me to eventually reinstall it. KB5000802

I am not the most tech savvy person and I would really appreciate any advise.

-thanks

:)

ACEMoney, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Dual Monitor issue

Hi Lisa,

For us to better assist you with your dual monitor issue in Windows 10, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve this?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 16, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 Security update issue - update causes dual monitor functionality issues when I...

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

I know you posted back in August and likely have it already, but this page is useful for those still looking to upgrade to 1607, you can choose to use the new ISO or use this page and download: Windows 10 update history

Ya some folks have issues and corruption/failed update issues here. I personally haven't had any issues with 1607 on any of my personal rigs or family rigs, but have seen plenty of customer/client PC's. But depending on what your issues really are beyond vague slowness and OpenGL broken I'd start with running an administrative command line and run SFC /Scannnow and see if that resolves any OS corruptions.

Might not hurt to check and verify if the Windows Update cache is corrupted...I've been seeing this issue more on 7 than 10, but I've seen it on both.

Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment
    http://ccm.net/faq/2471-how-to-purge-the-windows-update-cache

Hopefully that will get you in the right direction to resolving issues.

I'd also recommend checking Event Log system logs to see if there's something causing major issues, also if your hard drive is busy, get into Resource Monitor and find out what's taking up those resources. Might not hurt to run a malware scan just in case something was on there and is kicked now and just happened to coincide with the Windows Updates you ran.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Security update issue - update causes dual monitor functionality issues when I... - Similar Threads - Security update issue

2. Dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor issue: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - all went relatively well. While messing around with the display settings I set one of the screens to 3d mode.. and it has been hell since. I cannot get both screens to work now. I can either have 1 monitor (one I didn't set to 3d) or,...
  3. Dual Monitor Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Issues: Hi! I Was recently trying to switch the monitors left one to be the right and right one to be the left and I managed to do that from the settings. However, during this process, a third one appeared for some reason; I only have two monitors connected. I finished up my work for...
  4. dual monitors issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual monitors issue: when i unplug my second monitor my first one goes to sleep and wont turn back on but when i plug back in my second monitor it wakes up my first one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors-issue/4d821d7a-5067-43e4-8fc8-b2b6ea22e91b
  5. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor issue: There are two monitors (both are Dell U2717D), one is connected to onboard HDMI and another one is connected to onboard DP. I would like to let Windows set both of them are extended displayed even the 2nd monitor (DP) is off. Currently if I turn on both monitors, Windows...
  6. Monitor issues when updating windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor issues when updating windows.: I have noticed that everytime my laptop updates, it stops recognizing my TV as a display. If I uninstall the updates that sometimes works. Why does this keep happening? I think I've pinpointed the Adobe updates as the issue....
  7. Windows 10 update causing triple monitor issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 update causing triple monitor issues: Hi all, Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have just installed the latest update and as usual it always messes up my triple screen. After 20 mins putting it all back to how it was, every time I start a game now the monitors turn green or black/blue with little flecks...
  8. Dual monitor issue

Dual monitor issue: Hi Guys, My computer just had the most recent update and its caused me a problem with my 2nd monitor. My main monitor is connected via HDMI and my 2nd is via DVI cable both to my graphics card. Since the update the screen still displays in its native 1920 x 1080 but the...
  9. dual monitors causing issues with each other

dual monitors causing issues with each other: so the issue im having is so very far beyond bizzare to me. i will try to give as much detail as possible though. i just recently installed windows 10 on a brand new SSD without any previous OS installed. i also just bought a new shiny 4K TV but am still using my Acer...
  10. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...