Windows 10: Windows 10 Security won't recognize my admin account as admin

Discus and support Windows 10 Security won't recognize my admin account as admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been trying to install some third party apps, but windows SmartScreen always blocks me without the option to "Run Anyway." All the advice I can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RyenKrusinga, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Security won't recognize my admin account as admin

I've been trying to install some third party apps, but windows SmartScreen always blocks me without the option to "Run Anyway." All the advice I can find when googling suggests to set "Check apps and files" to "Warn" in windows security - but this option is unavailable to me, as windows security fails to recognize me as an admin despite the fact that I clearly have an admin account (and can run everything else as admin). See the screenshots below. After much googling, I still cannot find any method that has worked. Is the only option to completely reset windows?

Windows 10 Security won't recognize my admin account as admin 9c874aee-8ef3-44da-aa51-ea27d14d670c?upload=true.png

Windows 10 Security won't recognize my admin account as admin ba191734-f158-4b8e-a964-991807247168?upload=true.png

:)

RyenKrusinga, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 11, 2019
  3. NinkobEi Win User
    windows 7 hidden admin account infected

visit safemode, log into admin account. download malwarebytes (or transfer from usb). run malwarebytes. exit safe mode. run an updated malwarebytes on admin account. eat some pie ;D

NinkobEi, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Security won't recognize my admin account as admin

Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Security won't recognize my admin account as admin

1. Windows 10 Security won't recognize my admin account as admin - Similar Threads - Security won't recognize

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  4. Is there a security issue with making an account admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a security issue with making an account admin: For security, I typically setup a pc by setting up an local admin account and then create other accounts without local admin. My wife complains that she often get popups from Zoom about firewalls and can't remember the admin password to enable it. In the old days, you want to...
  5. Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin account but no admin privileges-Windows 10: i have a brand new machine. no internet access this is by design. i set up an admin account and a user account following the usual general instructions. I want to check to see if I have UEFI in order to set user restrictions, but the machine says I don't have admin privileges...
  6. No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No admin rights despite admin account on Windows 10?: I was trying to install a client when I got an error message saying that I do not have the required permissions in the D: drive and I need to do this in my user folder instead. I found no other solution than to allow full access to the drive in the "Administrator" account, my...
  7. Admin password not recognized

Admin password not recognized: Hi, there. I'm desperate. I just registered on this site to see if I can come up with a way to get into my laptop. My HP Envy is running Windows 10, and there's not a whole lot more I know about it. Last year I set up my husband up with his own account on the HP, and we...
  8. My Admin Account isn't truly admin

My Admin Account isn't truly admin: Hi guys, I have a W10 user account attached to my microsoft account. It is listed as a full on admin account. However, with certain tasks it doesn't let me do certain admin tasks. I wanted to make changes to my hosts file, but was unable to do so. Any thoughts? Thanks....
  9. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...
  10. Win 10 does not recognize my admin account

Win 10 does not recognize my admin account: Hi! I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 and as a result Win 10 does not recognize my admin account (I was using fingerprint to access it without a password), and now it does not open with fingerprint and does not accept any possible passwords. Moreover, I cannot use advanced...