Windows 10: Windows 10 seems to remember the startup sounds i have set even after 1-5 resets and more

Discus and support Windows 10 seems to remember the startup sounds i have set even after 1-5 resets and more in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems to remember the startup sounds i set and that is impressive.The sounds were a windows 7 startup sound, i set this manually, I am on a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Calm_861, May 19, 2021.

1. Calm_861 Win User

Windows 10 seems to remember the startup sounds i have set even after 1-5 resets and more

It seems to remember the startup sounds i set and that is impressive.The sounds were a windows 7 startup sound, i set this manually, I am on a windows 10 20h2 build 19042.985, thismay change in the future.

:)

Calm_861, May 19, 2021

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 seems to remember the startup sounds i have set even after 1-5 resets and more

Windows 10 Startup Sound does not play

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in sound settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you made any change to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Sound" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Sound tab.

4. Then check mark on Play Windows Startup sound.

5. Click on Apply and click on Ok.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 seems to remember the startup sounds i have set even after 1-5 resets and more

1. Windows 10 seems to remember the startup sounds i have set even after 1-5 resets and more - Similar Threads - seems remember startup

2. Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display turns off after 1-2 minutes even though set to 5 minutes: Hi everyone. I am using Windows 11 and I have set my display to turn off in 5 minutes and the computer to go to sleep in 10 minutes in all cases. However, the display loses brightness in almost a minute and not long after 15 seconds maybe it turns off completely. I have...
  3. i seem to have more than 1 copy of miscrosoft on my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i seem to have more than 1 copy of miscrosoft on my hard drive: the extra ones are in different languages, are these ok to uninstall without effecting the en/us version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-more-than-1-copy-of-miscrosoft-on/08b7e5ed-cbd0-4b2c-a0c7-c4f47087d3a5
  4. i seem to have more than 1 copy of miscrosoft on my hard drive

i seem to have more than 1 copy of miscrosoft on my hard drive: the extra ones are in different languages, are these ok to uninstall without effecting the en/us version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-more-than-1-copy-of-miscrosoft-on/08b7e5ed-cbd0-4b2c-a0c7-c4f47087d3a5
  5. i seem to have more than 1 copy of miscrosoft on my hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Startup Settings Problem after Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Settings Problem after Reset: I have a laptop Windows 10 and I reset it because it was not working fast but after that when I opened it, it showed “Choose an operating system” option and when I choosed any of them it restarted and showed that “Choose an operating system” option again and again. When I...
  7. Startup Settings Problem after Reset

Startup Settings Problem after Reset: I have a laptop Windows 10 and I reset it because it was not working fast but after that when I opened it, it showed “Choose an operating system” option and when I choosed any of them it restarted and showed that “Choose an operating system” option again and again. When I...
  8. Startup Settings Problem after Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. No sound with headphones even after Factory resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound with headphones even after Factory resetting: So about a while ago I pulled my headphones too hard and a little piece got stock in there but I just took it out. And that was that. A couple weeks later my sound wasn't working with my headphones. The speakers and Bluetooth earbuds were fine. I couldn't figure out what to...
  10. hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound: im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hy-im-windows-10-no-sound-in-system-51-no-sound/dfcd0bea-d64e-4d4a-8d22-a1d756aec611