Windows 10: Windows 10 seems to run faster after sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 seems to run faster after sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I've had this problem for awhile. It seems like for a brief period of time, sleep mode can boost my laptop's performance. The initial boot and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sp0nge80b, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Sp0nge80b Win User

Windows 10 seems to run faster after sleep mode

Hello. I've had this problem for awhile. It seems like for a brief period of time, sleep mode can boost my laptop's performance. The initial boot and a few minutes after woken seem to be slower.

:)

Sp0nge80b, Oct 9, 2018

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Oct 9, 2018
  3. sleep mode in windows 10

Hi,

The challenge that you are having with the sleep mode on Windows 10 may be caused by misconfigured power settings on your computer. We suggest to check this thread:

Win 10 reboots after sleep mode
    . Look for MVP Mike Hall... always replied. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 seems to run faster after sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 seems to run faster after sleep mode

1. Windows 10 seems to run faster after sleep mode - Similar Threads - seems run faster

2. How to make Windows 10 run faster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to make Windows 10 run faster: After finally installing windows 10 on my 10 year old laptop, it was faster but on for a couple hours. After I started searching the web and light gaming, it started becoming slow again. I followed many steps by uninstalling unwanted files. I also put it on its best...
  3. How to make Windows 10 run faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows 10 run faster: After finally installing windows 10 on my 10 year old laptop, it was faster but on for a couple hours. After I started searching the web and light gaming, it started becoming slow again. I followed many steps by uninstalling unwanted files. I also put it on its best...
  4. How to make Windows 10 run faster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does mail run in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does mail run in sleep mode: So I have been having an internet issue at home and have connected my laptop to cellular hotspot but am worried that if I put my PC on sleep mode whether or not my emails will be sent in the background...
  6. Windows 10 rebooting after Sleep mode

Windows 10 rebooting after Sleep mode: Hello all! My ASUS X552LD laptop recently a week ago started rebooting after Sleep mode or Hibernation. This happens after Sleep mode is activated by pressing Power button, by accessing Windows Start Menu, or by closing the laptop's lid. I'm using Microsoft Windows 10...
  7. Fans Run after sleep mode

Fans Run after sleep mode: Hi, is it normal in Windows 10 for a laptop fan to still run after putting the device to sleep? This is using the power button or sleep button from the start menu. This is on a Dell 5520 and an XPS 7390, does anyone happen to know? Also is it possible to see what could...
  8. How can windows 10 run and start faster?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can windows 10 run and start faster?: Did you find that your win10 is really slow, especially if you have installed a beta version of your partner? That's the feeling It's really nobody! In fact, win10 will be much slower than the old version after each upgrade. As long as the new security features are added, the...
  9. Tweak or "run faster"

Tweak or "run faster": Most folks have their own opinions so give me a few on if any software programs out there actually worth the time? "Brink is God"*chuckle 65030
  10. No Sign-in Window After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sign-in Window After Sleep Mode: Since the Microsoft update on 14th Jan, when my PC comes out of sleep mode the sign-in window doesn't appear unless I press ctrl+alt+del first. In Google there are a lot of questions about this same problem going as far back 2015, has anyone found a solution that actually...