Windows 10: Windows 10 seems very promising

Discus and support Windows 10 seems very promising in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just finished building a new PC, which has just about everything you can imagine. I've been using Windows 7 x64 for quite some time, never upgrading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rolldog, Oct 21, 2014.

1. rolldog Win User

Windows 10 seems very promising

I just finished building a new PC, which has just about everything you can imagine. I've been using Windows 7 x64 for quite some time, never upgrading to Windows 8 or 8.1. I bought a couple of laptops lately, one of which has a touch screen, and that laptop is running 8.1, so that's been my only experience with it. After running into multiple compatibility issues on my new PC, all of which were errors with the OS, I decided to load Windows 10 on my primary PC.

Well, that was 3 days ago, and I'm happy to say that it's solved the incompatibility issues I was having with Windows 7. My PC is setup running 2 Samsung 840 Pros in a RAID 0 configuration, and the only thing I put on these drives is my OS and any software I use. I have a 1TB drive and a 2TB Hybrid drive, which hold all my personal data (I've setup the My Documents, My Pictures, My Music, and My Videos to use the D drive), and this helps with the speed of my PC and segregates all my personal data from the OS so if I run into any issues with the OS, I could fix it or revert back without risk losing any personal data.

So far, I tend to like the interface. I've spent most of my time installing software and drivers so I haven't had much time to look through the functionality yet, but what I like most about it so far is that it doesn't rely on having to use a touch screen as much, which is good because I'll never use a touch screen on my primary PC. I'm running 3 monitors currently, a 27" at 2560 x 1440, and 2 23" monitors running at 1920 x 1080, and I'm considering upgrading all of them to 4k.

My Asus laptop has a touch screen, but this is used mostly for playing around. I like the touch screen interface, but only for fun. There's no way I could use touch screen monitors on my primary PC, which is also my work PC (I work from home), so the dependence on not having to use a touch screen is definitely a plus. Now I guess it's time to see how Windows 10 operates in an overclocked environment.

:)

rolldog, Oct 21, 2014
  2. SmugFly Win User

Windows Update Keeps Upgrading Synaptics Touchpad Driver to an Unstable Version

This looked so promising, but after trying for a couple days, Microsoft seems to ignore the "don't update drivers" setting. Very disappointing.

SmugFly, Oct 21, 2014
  3. garybear89, Oct 21, 2014
Thema:

Windows 10 seems very promising

1. Windows 10 seems very promising - Similar Threads - seems very promising

2. Where is promised Windows 10 AAC support?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where is promised Windows 10 AAC support?: Support for AAC codec via Bluetooth in Windows 10 is currently only available in Insider builds. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21370 Windows Insider BlogIt has been already 2 years since announcement, when this feature would be available for all Windows 10...
  3. Where is promised Windows 10 AAC support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is promised Windows 10 AAC support?: Support for AAC codec via Bluetooth in Windows 10 is currently only available in Insider builds. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21370 Windows Insider BlogIt has been already 2 years since announcement, when this feature would be available for all Windows 10...
  4. Where is promised Windows 10 AAC support?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Promising but still a Mess

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 11 Promising but still a Mess: Greetings, I was a Apple only user for 29 years. I joined Android and Windows at the release date of Windows 10. Switching to Android was awesome and a one way ticket. Windows 10? A mixed bag. My #1 complaint about Windows was how messy and dated even said 'new' OS was. To me...
  6. Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high: Hey, Recently I've noticed that the amount of RAM my computer is allocating seems extremely high compared to the recommended amount listed right above it. I'm not the most informed when it comes to this type of stuff and would appreciate it if someone could tell me if this...
  7. Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Currently Allocated RAM seems very high: Hey, Recently I've noticed that the amount of RAM my computer is allocating seems extremely high compared to the recommended amount listed right above it. I'm not the most informed when it comes to this type of stuff and would appreciate it if someone could tell me if this...
  8. Microsoft promises a renewed focus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises a renewed focus in Windows 10: Microsoft has been working on a refreshed Windows 10 Start Menu for a while now, and you can finally try it out later this year. But that’s not all the company is changing in Windows 10. In addition to these nifty improvements, Microsoft is also promising a renewed focus in...
  9. Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues: Microsoft promises fix for the windows 10 store issues Microsoft Promises Fix For The Windows 10 Store Issues - Windows 10 News and Updates 38934
  10. Delivering the Modern IT promise with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Delivering the Modern IT promise with Windows 10: Part 2: Management enhancements coming to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Our goal with Windows 10 has always been to modernize the way IT interacts with Windows devices, adopting simpler and easier approaches that leverage cloud-based services and help employees be more...