Windows 10: Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles

Discus and support Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The latest market share figures show that Windows 10 has seen a significant uptake in users last month. Windows 10 is taking a commanding lead and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 4, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles

The latest market share figures show that Windows 10 has seen a significant uptake in users last month. Windows 10 is taking a commanding lead and Windows 7 keeps going down rapidly.

In July 2019 market share report, Windows 10 increased its share from 45.79% to 48.86%, while the figures give Windows 7 a 31.83% share of the pie. Windows 8.1 also increased its share in July as it jumped from 4.51% to 5.29%. If Windows 8.1 gains more users, it could surpass Mac OS X 10.14.

Some users are still on Windows XP, but the decades-old operating system has also dropped in the latest figures. The market share currently sits at 1.68% and it recorded a drop of 0.13%.

Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles Windows-July-market-share.jpg
    Data Courtesy: Netmarketshare

Windows 7 support ends in 6 months

Windows 7 is still far from a dead operating system and it holds a market share of 31%.

Microsoft will officially end support for Windows 7 on January 14, 2020. The operating system will stop receiving updates after this date, but large businesses can pay Microsoft to receive premium support.

Gaming market share

Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles Steam-market-share.jpg
    Data Courtesy: Valve Steam platform

According to new data, Windows 10 continues to be the number one choice for gamers on Valve’s Steam platform and it also keeps growing every month. Last month, Windows 10 registered a growth of 3.73% and now it holds a market share of 71.57% for the 64-bit version.

Windows 7 64-bit is the runner-up with just 20.40% of the share and it has declined by 3.03% as more users upgraded to Windows 10 or replaced their old machines.

Browser market share

Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles Browser-July-market-share.jpg
    Data Courtesy: Netmarketshare

The browser user share largely remains. Google Chrome continues to be the most used browser on desktop and it jumped to 68.60% from 66.29%. The market share of classic Edge is now 5.80% versus 6.03% the previous month.

It’s worth noting that the market share of Chromium-based Edge is not available yet and the browser should register a growth when Microsoft launches stable branches of the new Edge.

The post Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles

1. Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles - Similar Threads - sees significant growth

2. Windows 10 not seeing windows 7 computers after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not seeing windows 7 computers after update: After a Windows update this week, our server which runs Windows 10 will no longer see the Windows 7 workstations on the network. All of the computers are set for network discovery, no passwords, file sharing... none of that has changed.The Windows 7 computers see each other...
  3. Windows 10 not seeing windows 7 computers after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not seeing windows 7 computers after update: After a Windows update this week, our server which runs Windows 10 will no longer see the Windows 7 workstations on the network. All of the computers are set for network discovery, no passwords, file sharing... none of that has changed.The Windows 7 computers see each other...
  4. Windows 10 not seeing windows 7 computers after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows 7 can not see windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 7 can not see windows 10: I got a new computer with Windows 10 18363. how can i get my windows 7 computers see it in the network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-can-not-see-windows-10/e03f3529-6eed-453e-a1da-9f71123cb2fc
  6. Windows 10 version 1903: list of known issues growth, and growth, and growth

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903: list of known issues growth, and growth, and growth: If you have followed the development of the Windows 10 version 1809 and 1903, you know that both versions were plagued by lots of bugs. Microsoft had to pull version 1809 even shortly after release and spend six weeks fixing issues before it released an updated version again...
  7. Microsoft’s Windows 10 devices see growth in competitive tablet market

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Windows 10 devices see growth in competitive tablet market: According to research firm Strategy Analytics, Microsoft is seeing growth in the tablet but Apple is regaining market share over its competitors. As always things aren’t looking much better in the tablet business. The tablet market continues to be impacted by a few major...
  8. Windows 7 to Windows 10, can't see upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 to Windows 10, can't see upgrade?: I've installed all the updates for Windows 7 on my test machine to this point and I wanted to test Windows 10 on my "test" Toshiba laptop. The only problem is I do not get the reserve icon and I can't download the preview? Any advice? 8307
  9. Windows PCs see strong growth in EDU, and gaining share

in Windows 10 News
    Windows PCs see strong growth in EDU, and gaining share: In K-12 schools in the US in the last year, Windows device share grew 4.3 percent on devices under $300 and 8.2 percent on devices over $300, as more and more schools are choosing Windows over competitive offerings. We’ve been on a journey at Microsoft to empower every...
  10. Win 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth

in Windows 10 News
    Win 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth: Windows 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth - US Government [img] The latest data from the massive United States Digital Analytics program shows that Windows 10 usage has climbed sharply, with older versions, including Windows 7 and...