Windows 10: Windows 10 selecting multiple files lagging

Discus and support Windows 10 selecting multiple files lagging in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with Windows 10. Nothing new there, this time it's an old issue that's plaguing me again. Unlisted Video Here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DestructiveB, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 selecting multiple files lagging

I'm having an issue with Windows 10. Nothing new there, this time it's an old issue that's plaguing me again.

Unlisted Video Here: https://youtu.be/YKd0_h4KRis

3 months ago I had this issue and it fixed itself somehow by copying a file from a USB drive to the desktop. It was perfectly fine until today. It's started back up. It's extremely irritating trying to select files and it wants to lag when dragging. I can't get any work done when this OS is buggy.

This is not the only issue when you right click and open the context menu and select New it can take up to 8 secs to show Folder.

This can be just as annoying. That issue has never left.

Today, the only thing I did was switch from my LAN to my Wi-Fi and ended up with Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration. This is due to me switching from one Internet line to the other. Obviously, Windows Troubleshooting did nothing to fix it so I opened up CMD (Admin)

and typed in:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /renew
    Rebooted...

That solved my issue connecting to other sites, but later on, I noticed this irritating problem is now back. Not sure if it's because of that issue but this needs to be fixed.

I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit

16Gb RAM / Intel i7 3930k / Nvidia Geforce 1080 PNY
    Yes, I removed the Wi-Fi driver and it made no difference.

:)

DestructiveB, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 selecting multiple files lagging

Can't select multiple files in windows 10

Thank you Divya, I was about to ask the same question as James but found your reply and sorted my problem in less than 2 minutes, the steps you suggested did not come in the same order but got there without much trouble, thank you once again.

Regards David.

DavidBooth4919, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 selecting multiple files lagging

1. Windows 10 selecting multiple files lagging - Similar Threads - selecting multiple files

2. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    select multiple files without losing selections: How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have downloaded.Now I am trying to organize them into folders.All intermixed have files about God, investing, supply chain...
  3. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    select multiple files without losing selections: How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have downloaded.Now I am trying to organize them into folders.All intermixed have files about God, investing, supply chain...
  4. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer lags when I select multiple files for the first time.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer lags when I select multiple files for the first time.: Hello, I am facing this problem for the last month, every time I try to select multiple files in a folder explorer lags the first time I do it but after that, it is okay to reselect again without lagging.Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, BaseBoard PRIME Z490M-PLUS, ProcessorIntelR...
  6. Explorer lags when I select multiple files for the first time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer lags when I select multiple files for the first time.: Hello, I am facing this problem for the last month, every time I try to select multiple files in a folder explorer lags the first time I do it but after that, it is okay to reselect again without lagging.Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, BaseBoard PRIME Z490M-PLUS, ProcessorIntelR...
  7. Explorer lags when I select multiple files for the first time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Select multiple files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Select multiple files: Selecting multiple files using control key has stopped. What has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-multiple-files/6d74d5ba-2fb5-4c21-bd6c-56cf151b442f
  9. Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files.: Hi all. Iam in an incredibly frustrating predicament. I have windows 10 installed - and I've only had this issue after I installed windows 10 (for some reason it was never with windows 7 I had before) On occasions (at random) my PC decides not to allow me to select multiple...
  10. Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files.: Hi all. Iam in an incredibly frustrating predicament. I have windows 10 installed - and I've only had this issue after I installed windows 10 for some reason it was never with windows 7 I had before On occasions at random my PC decides not to allow me to select multiple...