Windows 10: Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark

Discus and support Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can one change the selection highlight color. I am looking for the old (Win 7) color control panel where the colors were set for various objects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Mar 12, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark

How can one change the selection highlight color. I am looking for the old (Win 7) color control panel where the colors were set for various objects like borders, active and inactive etc. Is this panel still available in the Windows 10 control panel?

:)

ineuw, Mar 12, 2020

2. How do I change the color and darkness of the highlight when I position the cursor

Hi,

We would like to confirm if you want to change the color and darkness of the highlighted link when you position the cursor?

If you're using Internet Explorer, here's how you can adjust the color of the hover.

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Internet options.
    • Click on Colors.
    • Select the check-box for Use hover color and choose a color that sticks out better.
    It defaults to red so it looks as if you just need to click the checkbox, because "light (really light) blue" looks like it describes the default not visited link.

Hope this helps.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors

When I open File Explorer in Windows 10, using the dark theme, I want the colors of highlighted items to be different. Previous versions of Windows allowed much more granular customization of environmental items. Those options seem to be gone.

When I click on an item in a folder window (I.e. file or folder), I want the color used to indicate selection to be a higher contrast with both the text of the selected item and its highlighted color, and the selection highlighting color against the window
    background.

For example, my File Explorer background is now black, since the latest updates. When I click on an item in the window, I want to see the item highlighted in yellow with black text. That way, the selected item stands out against the window, and the text
    stands out against the highlight color.

Indyhighlander, Mar 12, 2020
  4. SBaidya Win User

Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?

Dear Windows users and experts,

I am using Windows 10 1909 pro version. In the dark mode of Windows I see the color is too dark (pitch black). But if I see in Ubuntu or Mac Ox dark mode color those are more mild dark color. Can anyone suggest me if it is possible to change the dark
    color to like those mild varsion of the dark like in Ubuntu or Mac os.

Thanks in advance,

Santu B

SBaidya, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark - Similar Threads - selection highlight color

2. Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem: After turning windows 11 into dark mode, In file explorer to select a file or a selected file highlighter look like more bright so that no able to see file or folder name correctly. So anyone know to sort-out this problem please reply to my question....
  3. Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file manager dark mode selecting highlighter problem: After turning windows 11 into dark mode, In file explorer to select a file or a selected file highlighter look like more bright so that no able to see file or folder name correctly. So anyone know to sort-out this problem please reply to my question....
  4. How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10: Have you ever wanted to change the highlight color to another color whenever you highlight a selected text? Usually, a person would change background colors because they would find the default colors boring or bland and want a unique or grand color to be displayed. This...
  5. How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?: I found a way to change the text color, but never the blue background color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-color-of/9297e5cf-dc7d-4cd4-9c8b-b8764d0848ad
  6. Color of highlighted cursor

Color of highlighted cursor: How to change color of highlighted cursor row in the "File Explorer"? The default colors are not very visible to me. I need a yellow background and a black text. See picture below... [ATTACH]...
  7. How to change highlighting color on folder selection windows 10 in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change highlighting color on folder selection windows 10 in file explorer?: [ATTACH] I use dark windows theme, and my file highlighting color is grey - it is very hard to see for me on black background. https://preview.redd.it/ifqtfqn87df51.png?width=603&format=png&auto=webp&s=38935002bc784732ac884504f9c206d41b9ec7ef I wanna chenge highlighting...
  8. Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark

Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark: How can one change the selection highlight color. I am looking for the old (Win 7) color control panel where the colors were set for various objects like borders, active and inactive etc. Is this panel still available in the Windows 10 control panel? 152145
  9. Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?

Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?: Dear Windows users and experts, I am using Windows 10 1909 pro version. In the dark mode of Windows I see the color is too dark (pitch black). But if I see in Ubuntu or Mac Ox dark mode color those are more mild dark color. Can anyone suggest me if it is possible to...
  10. Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 When you highlight text in classic Win32 system windows and dialogs in Windows 10, the text color will be white by default. This tutorial will show you how to...