Windows 10: Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark

Discus and support Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can one change the selection highlight color. I am looking for the old (Win 7) color control panel where the colors were set for various objects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Mar 12, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark

How can one change the selection highlight color. I am looking for the old (Win 7) color control panel where the colors were set for various objects like borders, active and inactive etc. Is this panel still available in the Windows 10 control panel?

:)

ineuw, Mar 12, 2020

2. How do I change the color and darkness of the highlight when I position the cursor

Hi,

We would like to confirm if you want to change the color and darkness of the highlighted link when you position the cursor?

If you're using Internet Explorer, here's how you can adjust the color of the hover.

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Internet options.
    • Click on Colors.
    • Select the check-box for Use hover color and choose a color that sticks out better.
    It defaults to red so it looks as if you just need to click the checkbox, because "light (really light) blue" looks like it describes the default not visited link.

Hope this helps.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors

When I open File Explorer in Windows 10, using the dark theme, I want the colors of highlighted items to be different. Previous versions of Windows allowed much more granular customization of environmental items. Those options seem to be gone.

When I click on an item in a folder window (I.e. file or folder), I want the color used to indicate selection to be a higher contrast with both the text of the selected item and its highlighted color, and the selection highlighting color against the window
    background.

For example, my File Explorer background is now black, since the latest updates. When I click on an item in the window, I want to see the item highlighted in yellow with black text. That way, the selected item stands out against the window, and the text
    stands out against the highlight color.

Indyhighlander, Mar 12, 2020
  4. SBaidya Win User

Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?

Dear Windows users and experts,

I am using Windows 10 1909 pro version. In the dark mode of Windows I see the color is too dark (pitch black). But if I see in Ubuntu or Mac Ox dark mode color those are more mild dark color. Can anyone suggest me if it is possible to change the dark
    color to like those mild varsion of the dark like in Ubuntu or Mac os.

Thanks in advance,

Santu B

SBaidya, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark - Similar Threads - selection highlight color

2. Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark: How can one change the selection highlight color. I am looking for the old (Win 7) color control panel where the colors were set for various objects like borders, active and inactive etc. Is this panel still available in the Windows 10 control panel? 152145
  3. Colors on a Dark Background

Colors on a Dark Background: This thread is for discussion of and experimentation with colors on dark backgrounds. What works for you in a light background doesn't work for me on a dark background. For years, those with eye problems have begged Microsoft to give us a choice between a dark and light...
  4. Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?

Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?: Dear Windows users and experts, I am using Windows 10 1909 pro version. In the dark mode of Windows I see the color is too dark (pitch black). But if I see in Ubuntu or Mac Ox dark mode color those are more mild dark color. Can anyone suggest me if it is possible to...
  5. Scree color is too bright and too colorful

Scree color is too bright and too colorful: Split from this thread. SCREEN COLOR IS NO GOOD. TOO BRIGHT AND COLORFUL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scree-color-is-too-bright-and-too-colorful/cad05f58-9288-4db9-9a44-6dc371ee2506
  6. Screen Colors Muted Darkly

Screen Colors Muted Darkly: With only two computers in the household it is easy for us to have all of them along the same wall in our small apartment. I play the Facebook game of Sweet Road. It's fundamental goal is to match a minimum of 3 candies of the same variety (color & shape). Issue Standard...
  7. Windows explorer highlight color problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer highlight color problem: Hey guys, For some time my windows explorer highlight was basically nonexistent. [ATTACH] For example, in this image the desktop folder should be selected, but you can barely see it. At the beginning i had a gray color (which i think is default), but after some time, it...
  8. Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 When you highlight text in classic Win32 system windows and dialogs in Windows 10, the text color will be white by default. This tutorial will show you how to...
  9. right click menu highlight color

right click menu highlight color: Hi, I noticed something. The right click menu highlight color changes depending on the file type (or folder). Here is an example using default theme [img] Highlight color and text color changes depending on the file type (jpg, exe, zip, etc) and if a folder is...
  10. Make selection highlight darker/clearer

Make selection highlight darker/clearer: I'm pretty sure that file selections in Windows 7 were quite clear but in Windows 10 they're extremely faint and difficult to make out. The screenshot below shows that some files are selected; file 0008 is clearly selected but the files that follow are also selected but you...