Windows 10: Windows 10 self maintenance?

Discus and support Windows 10 self maintenance? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a (scheduled) process which Windows uses to clean up its system? And what is the criteria that activates this process? 161420 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Jul 27, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Windows 10 self maintenance?

Is there a (scheduled) process which Windows uses to clean up its system? And what is the criteria that activates this process?

:)

ineuw, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 self maintenance? - Similar Threads - self maintenance

2. Problem with self-extracting .exe files and program installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with self-extracting .exe files and program installation: After resetting my PC I have encountered some problems which do not allow me to install several programs: I am not able to install my Brother printers' drivers - installation ends with a message "Failed to decompress the archive". A similar message appears when I tried to...
  3. Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?

Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?: [ATTACH] My boyfriend built a computer... I don't know how to help him... so I'm just gonna check in here. He has already downloaded a few more drivers from the internet...but they seem to be incompatible...as it seems to me and he's been trying out old hard...
  4. Windows 10 self maintenance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 self maintenance?: Is there a (scheduled) process which Windows uses to clean up its system? And what is the criteria that activates this process? 161420
  5. Intel "panel self-refresh" indicator ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel "panel self-refresh" indicator ?: Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how my laptop's display actually works; it features a 144hz panel, and that's the only refresh rate available in any setting I could find, even creating a custom resolution with a lower refresh rate in the Intel Graphics Control Panel is not...
  6. Panel self-refresh Framerate indicator ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Panel self-refresh Framerate indicator ?: Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how my laptop's display actually works; it features a 144hz panel, and that's the only refresh rate available in any setting I could find, even creating a custom resolution with a lower refresh rate in the Intel Graphics Control Panel is not...
  7. Windows C drive os drive is filling up by its self?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows C drive os drive is filling up by its self?: My windows c or os drive is automatically filling up by itself I have run antivirus software and chkdsk command but it didn't help. I also freed up about 25gbs of space and use disk cleanup but it didn't help either. 100 GB is allocated to windows....
  8. after i downloaded windows 1903 update my computer started to lock it self and shut down

after i downloaded windows 1903 update my computer started to lock it self and shut down: this problem occurs after 20-40 minutes. my computer randomly turns off during this moment it says its locking.only way to expend its time is clicking update button,but this doesn't fixes it. after i turn off the computer and turn it back on this problem is still there if you...
  9. Activate by Home Key - self Switched to PRO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate by Home Key - self Switched to PRO: I bought home key for cheap [45 USD] (It may be not legit but microsoft web says its partnered reseller) - i installed clean windows 10 home - put key i purchased and it says it cannot activate > it updated windows to pro (WTF?) and i can't activate key now even by phone...
  10. Windows 10 version 2004 corrupts it self after fresh install and after upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 2004 corrupts it self after fresh install and after upgrade: About two weeks ago , i received Windows 10 version 2004 upgrade in windows update , I was on version 1909 which was working really great and effectively i didnt do a single format using it and didnt have to, after the update ,the second day my pc crashed randomly with green...