Windows 10: Windows 10 send to mail link broken

Discus and support Windows 10 send to mail link broken in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My sendto has been broken. I had just Bluetooth showing but the folder at C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo had all the right parts... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by john7, Sep 1, 2015.

1. john7 Win User

Windows 10 send to mail link broken

My sendto has been broken. I had just Bluetooth showing but the folder at C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo had all the right parts in it. I found removing the Bluetooth worked, but though I have recreated both the folder and the Mail recipient item a number of times the outlook link will not show. Outlook 2010 is the default e-mail and I have done an Office repair. As I use this a lot, under 8.1 I would be grateful for ideas what to do.

:)

john7, Sep 1, 2015
  2. DougBraun Win User
    DougBraun, Sep 1, 2015
  3. With Windows 10 mail app, I cannot send a link through Internet Explorer 11.

* Original title: Windows 10 Mail App

With Windows 10 mail app, I cannot send a link through Internet Explorer 11. Like I can with Windows Live Mail. I am not on the insider preview, however that would sure be good to have changed, then I just might continue to use Windows 10 mail app if
    I could send a link by Internet Explorer 11.

Mary Patricia, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Muffy Win User

Muffy, Sep 1, 2015
  5. john7 Win User
    Thanks, done that already and no change. I re did it after your post and still nothing. I have tried with and with out Mail in the txt document.

john7, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Muffy Win User
    Have you checked to see if you are running outlook in compatibility mode? This caused a lot of issues historically.
    Tip 723: Dont use Compatibility Mode - Outlook Tips

Muffy, Sep 1, 2015
  7. john7 Win User
    No its OK have checked program and shortcuts

john7, Sep 2, 2015
  8. Papa23 Win User

Papa23, Jan 7, 2016
  9. john7 Win User
    My problem went after the new version of W10 was installed. It was clearly corruption in the original install.

john7, Jan 7, 2016
  10. Papa23 Win User
    So I guess we have to fix it by replace shell32.dll and sendmail.dll who are corrupt.
    do you have any idea where to find them ?

Papa23, Jan 7, 2016
  11. Papa23 Win User
    Papa23, Jan 7, 2016
  12. Papa23 Win User
    I solve my problem that way :
    I open the folder Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\sendto
    and moved all shorcut to another folder on my desktop
    then I repair my Microsoft office to be sure my sendto mail will chose outlook.
    then Inrestart my coputer
    then I re open
    Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\sendto
    and add one shortcut and only one
    I checked by click right to check if sendto work or not
    surprise yes it's work !
    I had one by one only the shortcut I needed and checked
    I supose one of them was corrupt, I don't know wich one I put only 3 on 6 I had
    but It's work for me
    hope you will solve yours

Papa23, Jan 7, 2016
  13. LBiffle Win User

Thanks, Papa23! Fixed it!
    1) Open the folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo.
    2) Move all shortcuts out of there to another folder someplace memorable.
    3) Do an Office repair (control panel, programs and features, click Office in list, click change button, choose repair, reboot at end).
    4) Copy the shortcuts back from the memorable place to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo.
    5) Verify that SendTo works from Windows Explorer (opens an email message to send, as expected).
    Grateful!

LBiffle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 send to mail link broken - Similar Threads - send mail link

2. Windows 10 Mail "send error"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail "send error": Since yesterday I receive the message: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder.This problem is only with Mail send; I can send emails from my email client and also receive emails in MailI have searched the Internet for solutions and have...
  3. Broken Link in Windows 10 OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Link in Windows 10 OS: If you go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Problem Details and then click "Learn how to report problems and check for solutions automatically." it will go to [ATTACH] the URL https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=517009 which is broken...
  4. Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sending attachments in Mail for Windows 10: I find that sometimes I get bounceback "Server cannot deliver. Permanent error etc.It has been suggested that there may be a restriction on the size of the attachment. Any ideas?...
  5. Windows mail not sending

Windows mail not sending: Emails are appearing in my sent folder with "none" and "no subject" in the recipient and subject fields. This is happening only with my Yahoo email address. My msn account is sending normally. I've deleted and reinstalled the account but this has not solved the problem. I...
  6. The "Send To - Mail Recipient" function appears to be broken...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The "Send To - Mail Recipient" function appears to be broken...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hey_imKramer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijmsfi/the_send_to_mail_recipient_function_appears_to_be/
  7. Cannot send mail in windows 10 mail

Cannot send mail in windows 10 mail: I can send mail but it won't arrive at the recipient and I can also receive mail. I checked theSent Mail tab and the mail I just sent wasn't there. I've reset the app and the problem still continues. I sent a mail from Gmail and it worked but not on windows 10. Is there a...
  8. Windows 10 Mail send error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail send error: When sending an email using the Mail app not outlook app, it bounces straight away and I receive the following message: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is...
  9. Windows 10 Mail Not Sending...

Windows 10 Mail Not Sending...: I'm not sure if this issue is because I've messed something up with my computer/gmail/outlook/mail but I cannot get email to send via any application installed on my computer. I started with Windows 10 Mail... worked great for a while but then every time I sent an email...
  10. Windows 10 Mail Broken

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Broken: Long time lurker, just became a member. Did a fresh install last weekend and am struggling to figure out why I can't get the windows email to work with my ISP. After I add my proper credentials, it never syncs and I get a message at the top saying that "Account XXXX...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 send to mail link broken

2. SEND TO BROKEN IN WINDOWS 10

3. mail:to on windows 10 broken

4. windows 10 sendto broken