Windows 10: Windows 10, Send to mail recipient stuck on Windows Live Mail

Discus and support Windows 10, Send to mail recipient stuck on Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I purchased an HP all-in-one PC (native WIndows 10) at the Microsoft Store in October 2015, and have kept it up to date with Windows updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AZRon2, Apr 7, 2019.

1. AZRon2 Win User

Windows 10, Send to mail recipient stuck on Windows Live Mail

I purchased an HP all-in-one PC (native WIndows 10) at the Microsoft Store in October 2015, and have kept it up to date with Windows updates. Originally I was using Windows Live Mail as my default mail client, and have recently switched to "Mail" or "Windows Mail" (not sure of the correct name ... I thought I was supposed to switch to Outlook but it now seems to be "Mail" instead) as my default client.

However, if I use WIndows Explorer (i.e, open a folder) and right-click on a document and try to send it to a "Mail recipient", it opens Windows Live Mail 2011. I cannot uninstall/abandon Windows Live Mail, because there are over 3000 old emails that I need to keep. WIndows Live Mail had started losing emails when I tried to move them to a folder, so I don't want to open it at random because I don't trust it.

I have not been able to Export the old mail from Windows Live Mail to Outlook or the new Mail program. Apparently that function is no longer supported.

I have tried various methods to try to correct the Send to option, with no success. Today "repaired" Office, no joy.

I'm willing to edit the registry, but could not read the details that were posted in an image.

Would appreciate a solid fix that would allow send to mail recipient to switch to using my actual default mail client.

:)

AZRon2, Apr 7, 2019
  2. tmulledy Win User

Send To Mail Recipient Issues

At some point in the last couple of weeks the Send To/Mail Recipient function has stopped working. When I select a file and do the send to, Windows starts thinking, the explorer window that I have selected this from stops taking input and then eventually, with no error messages, the explorer window closes and desktop explorer resets.

My Default mail client is Outlook 2013 (15.0.4745.1000)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

tmulledy, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, Apr 7, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Send-to mail recipient association to Outlook but should be to Mail

Hi, this is not straightforward. The Sendto mail recipient requires a MAPI compliant mail program (If you examine shell:sendto you will see MailRecipient.MAPIMail). Essentially this also requires a client that can be invoked with a parameter - and universal apps don't take parameters- they are not exe files.

See:
    Windows 10 error - Microsoft Community
    for more discussion and find

- it seems this offers a solution.

Please let us know if it works. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10, Send to mail recipient stuck on Windows Live Mail - Similar Threads - Send mail recipient

2. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  3. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  4. "Send to mail recipient" problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Send to mail recipient" problem!: I use Windows 10. The “send to email recipient” always worked perfectly until Microsoft performed an update a couple of months ago.I have tried every suggestion on the internet and none have worked. Thunderbird is selected as my default email program. Outlook is my...
  5. Editing "send to: mail recipient"

Editing "send to: mail recipient": I have a friend whose computer recently died. He is now running the latest version of Windows 10 and uses Eudora 7 as his mail client. He does not wish to change. I have tried! Previously when using Windows 10 if he wanted to send a picture which he wanted to compress he...
  6. How can I stop Send To > Mail Recipient using Windows Live Mail

How can I stop Send To > Mail Recipient using Windows Live Mail: I used to use Windows Live Mail as my default email program but have now purchase Outlook. I have set Outlook as the default Mail and MailTo app but Send To > Mail Recipient still uses Windows Live Mail. If I open Windows Live Mail it claims to be the default messaging app...
  7. Cannot use Windows Mail in "Send to -> mail recipient"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use Windows Mail in "Send to -> mail recipient": As it stands, this problem is still unsolved, and not even responded by Microsoft after 4 YEARS (!!!): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-windows-mail-app-as-default-email/cc01a046-7f46-4567-8f82-444fd5abf6e6. This is VERY important for my...
  8. Send to mail recipient not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send to mail recipient not working Windows 10: Send to email recipient from right click wasn't working. Went throught suggested proccess to delete and re-write the MailRecipient.MAPIMail file and it doesn't even show up when I Right click/send to now. Also cannot send file from within Applications....
  9. Windows 10 "send to mail recipient" error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 "send to mail recipient" error: I have Windows 10 home on PC and windows 10 pro on laptop for the last couple of months when I left click on "send to mail recipient" an error message says there's no email program associated to perform this.--ONLY on win 10 home, It works fine on pro version. -this is a...
  10. Send To Mail Recipient Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Send To Mail Recipient Issues: At some point in the last couple of weeks the Send To/Mail Recipient function has stopped working. When I select a file and do the send to, Windows starts thinking, the explorer window that I have selected this from stops taking input and then eventually, with no error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows live mail stuck executing in windows 10

2. mail windows 10 stuck on sending

3. win10 mail app status sending

4. windows live mail as sendto