Windows 10: Windows 10 Sept 2020 update has killed my Start Menu and slowed my computer to a crawl

Discus and support Windows 10 Sept 2020 update has killed my Start Menu and slowed my computer to a crawl in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Sept update has killed my Start Menu and slowed my computer to a crawl. I dont understand what has happened. I first thought it was a virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LCC_JR, Sep 16, 2020.

1. LCC_JR Win User

Windows 10 Sept 2020 update has killed my Start Menu and slowed my computer to a crawl

Windows 10 Sept update has killed my Start Menu and slowed my computer to a crawl. I dont understand what has happened. I first thought it was a virus but then I thought I have Norton 360 and MCAfee virus protection on my computer and network so that could not be it. I started researching the internet and determined real quick that I’m not the only one. Okay Microsoft what is the fix?

:)

LCC_JR, Sep 16, 2020

2. Computer slowed to a crawl after Windows 10 Update

Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 some months ago and have had no problems until now. Windows released an update not to long ago. Since the installation of that update, my computer has slowed to a crawl. It will take 30 minutes sometimes for it to load, getting
    files open or programs started is impossible.

I would like to remove the update but I can't even open the Start menu.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know how to remove this latest update?

ChrisM2016, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Microsoft Patch Slows Computers to a Crawl

Microsoft’s automatic updates system has once again found itself in the limelight following an issue with Windows Desktop Search 3.01 which has slowed thousands of computers and is causing havoc for IT technicians around the world. Despite client computers being configured only to update currently installed software, numerous blogs have reported that the Desktop Search software is installing itself and then hogging resources by loading an indexer, resulting in client computers slowing to a crawl and file servers struggling with the increased load. A Microsoft spokeswoman says the company is looking into reports, but IT administrators won’t be too impressed with Windows Update at the moment as this comes just weeks after news that the update services secretly downloads and installs updates even on computers with automatic update disabled.

Source: The Register

Jimmy 2004, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Sept 2020 update has killed my Start Menu and slowed my computer to a crawl

Microsoft Patch Slows Computers to a Crawl

[sarcasm]Nice title... doesn't make anyone think that it's an actual update at all![/sarcasm]
    Seriously though this is an update to an obscure program that noone really uses anyway and the article title makes it look like Microsoft "yet again" has screwed up everyones computers. Gawd I hate seeing these sort of things......
    Title should be "Microsoft patch to Windows Search Slow Computers to a Crawl"

Exceededgoku, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Sept 2020 update has killed my Start Menu and slowed my computer to a crawl

1. Windows 10 Sept 2020 update has killed my Start Menu and slowed my computer to a crawl - Similar Threads - Sept 2020 update

2. My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.: My PC updated with a cumulative patch on the 13th. Now, when my PC starts up, it slows down to a crawl for about twenty to thirty seconds before I'm even able to log in, and then for another minute roughly until my PC stabilizes into something normal. I installed a new...
  3. My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.: My PC updated with a cumulative patch on the 13th. Now, when my PC starts up, it slows down to a crawl for about twenty to thirty seconds before I'm even able to log in, and then for another minute roughly until my PC stabilizes into something normal. I installed a new...
  4. Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!: Hi, windows 10 update on 7th Sept 2020 to OS build 19041.508 Version 2004 has caused many problems with my PC. 1/ I log onto Windows account when starting PC, but then during use it prompts that I am not logged in the the account and I have to go through the FIX option,...
  5. Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl: Hey I've got Windows 10 v1909 and recently it became terribly slow. I had problems with BSOD for which i've consulted with the community and disabled Intel Turbo Boost 3 and uninstalled Kaspersky since they thought it might be conflicting with Malewarebytes. I've done a...
  6. My download speed has been slowed to a crawl.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My download speed has been slowed to a crawl.: I'm not sure what happened, but the other day my download speed just started going at a snail's pace. I have multiple devices using that connection, and the download speed on everything else is fine. I've seen a few things saying that the registry may be causing the issue,...
  7. [Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Update] Ninite is what's killing my start menu.: A few days ago I posted that my start menu suddenly stopped working. I didn't know the cause but the day it happened I'd used Ninite to update some software. I'd installed some older incompatible software before too so I thought that was the problem. Today I did a factory...
  8. Windows update kills my computer

Windows update kills my computer: I am trying - desperately -to get my computer to stop windows 10 updates. Every time it updates, I get into an "automatic repair" "can't repair" loop. chkdsk says there's nothing wrong. Restore to a previous version doesn't work. So I have to re-install and wipe...
  9. Update killed my computer!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update killed my computer!: So after one of your wonderful Windows updates on my Asus Zenbook Flip, it went to a blue screen and said it had to restart. The laptop shut down and now it's completely dead...no lights, no charging, no nothing. What the heck did you do Microsoft...this is my lifeline for...
  10. Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.

Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.: Prior to 3 September 2018 my laptop computer (Panasonic CF-30K) was running Windows 10 just fine. Then Windows updated automatically and a message on the screen said something like "Schedule Restart or Restart now" so I selected the "Restart Now" option and my computer began...