Windows 10: Windows 10 Sept Update Hangs, Had to Force Restart

Discus and support Windows 10 Sept Update Hangs, Had to Force Restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, FYI: I did this update on 9/12/2019 by clicking "Check for Updates" in Settings, then left the room with only the Update running. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alawyn, Sep 14, 2019.

1. alawyn Win User

Windows 10 Sept Update Hangs, Had to Force Restart

Hello all,

FYI: I did this update on 9/12/2019 by clicking "Check for Updates" in Settings, then left the room with only the Update running. When I came back the screen was stuck on gray, and I couldn't do anything. Control-Alt-Delete didn't even work. So I couldn't tell where it had hung, and couldn't see any error messages. I left it on overnight. The next morning (9/13) it was still stuck, so I force quit with the Power button, then restarted, and the update successfully completed itself in two steps with a restart inbetween. Below shows what was updated. All of them say Successfully installed 9/12/2019, which had to be before my computer hung.

Using: Windows 10 Home on an older Fujitsu I3 laptop, not a lot of other apps and stuff installed

What was updated, from Update History:

Windows 10 Sept Update Hangs, Had to Force Restart 0c425e08-8799-41ec-837a-094277072263?upload=true.jpg

-Allen

:)

alawyn, Sep 14, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. alawyn Win User

Hello all,

FYI: I did this update on 9/12/2019 by clicking "Check for Updates" in Settings, then left the room with only the Update running. When I came back the screen was stuck on gray, and I couldn't do anything. Control-Alt-Delete didn't even work. So I couldn't
    tell where it had hung, and couldn't see any error messages. I left it on overnight. The next morning (9/13) it was still stuck, so I force quit with the Power button, then restarted, and the update successfully completed itself in two steps with a restart
    inbetween. Below shows what was updated. All of them say Successfully installed 9/12/2019, which had to be before my computer hung.

Using: Windows 10 Home on an older Fujitsu I3 laptop, not a lot of other apps and stuff installed

What was updated, from Update History:

Windows 10 Sept Update Hangs, Had to Force Restart 0c425e08-8799-41ec-837a-094277072263?upload=true.jpg

-Allen

alawyn, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Sept Update Hangs, Had to Force Restart - Similar Threads - Sept Update Hangs

2. Forced Restart to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Restart to Windows 10: I just had updates and had to get a Microsoft Guy to fix my computer. Now 1 week later it is telling me Windows 10 is nearing the End of service and must upgrade to newer version. [ATTACH]...
  3. Window 10 update sept 2020 requires restart to complete install

Window 10 update sept 2020 requires restart to complete install: I am unable to complete my Sept 2020 windows 10 update. I get a "what needs your attention" message with no explanation of what is wrong, but it tells me to restart. I've attempted this numerous occasions but after about 25% of install, it stops and the same meesage comes up....
  4. Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts

Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts: Greetings, It's well known that Windows Update will force computers to restart on occasion. As a professional DJ, this has *RUINED* numerous live performances that make use of my Windows computer. I'd like to know how to disable these forced restarts. It is my...
  5. Computer Hangs on Restart During Windows 10 Updates

Computer Hangs on Restart During Windows 10 Updates: One of my computers hangs on restart while trying to apply Windows 10 updates. The symptoms are that when a restart is required after installing an update, everything progresses normally during the shutdown phase, but when it gets to the boot-up phase, the system hangs with...
  6. Forced restart after an update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forced restart after an update.: I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple...
  7. Windows 10 update hangs after restarting

Windows 10 update hangs after restarting: I am running 1803 and have not received any 1809 updates yet. The laptop is a hp 8640p. With the regular auto update process it downloaded and installed 2 updates (don't know the kb no.). First update required reboot and the second one showed 100% installed. Since I went to...
  8. Windows update forced restart

Windows update forced restart: Hi, Today my computer forced restarted in order to install new updates. Until now I have to accept updates when I restarted the PC, now - forcing the restart was absolutely unprofessional. I had unsaved documents and other opened applications. Please don't use forced...
  9. Updates... Then forcefully restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates... Then forcefully restart: Forcing updates is one thing. Forcing a restart is another - and completely unacceptable. Until now I have been able to reschedule the restart. Today it just restarted while I was working. Bug? Intentionally? I will not give Microsoft long to change this behavior....
  10. windows 10 hangs and restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 hangs and restarts: hi guys ive had win 10 pro 64 installed for 5 weeks now,and every so often it will hang up and reboot on its on own or it will go to the dreaded blue screen of death,ive installed all the latest updates and drivers are upto date.i thought it was graphics related because 4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windwos 10 force restart on hung restart