Windows 10: Windows 10 sept update, version 2004 , key board stopped working, external keyboard is also...

Discus and support Windows 10 sept update, version 2004 , key board stopped working, external keyboard is also... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shuunya_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuf54v/windows_10_sept_update_version_2004_key_board/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shuunya_, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 sept update, version 2004 , key board stopped working, external keyboard is also...

/u/Shuunya_, Sep 17, 2020

2. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume controls, mail button, home, customizable buttons, etc.). When I plug the mouse in, it appears under Other Devices in the Device Manager, listed twice as a USB Input Device. When I try to update the driver automatically, it says Windows was unable to. The mouse doesn't work in safe mode. I tried a wireless mouse as well and it doesn't work either. My external keyboard shows up under keyboards as an HID Keyboard Device and Windows says the best drivers for my device are already installed. I've tried all three USB ports and the mouse works on another computer. The built-in keyboard and touch pad on my laptop still work fine. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

purplewalrus, Sep 17, 2020
  3. SIJG Win User
    Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004

Hi,

I just updated my DELL 7580 to Windows 2004 and the notebook keyboard stopped responding. After two days trying the uninstall/update suggestion I found the final solution in the following link:

Laptop keyboard no longer works after Windows 10 install

• On the Registry menu, click Select Computer, and then type the computer name of the computer that has no keyboard or mouse.
    • After you connect, click Hkey_Local_Machine on Remote_Computer_Name on the Window menu, and then navigate to the following key:

SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    • Double-click the UpperFilters:REG_MULTI_SZ value, and remove one of the "kbdclass". and then
      remove only the vmkbd entry.
    • On the Registry menu, click Close.
    • On the Registry menu, click Exit.
    • Restart the computer with the keyboard problems. After the computer

restarts, the keyboard should be functional.

In my entry I found TWO "kbdclass": deleting one of them and booting Windows solved my problem !

ETD

ikbevent

kbdclass

The weird about this solutions is that the POST above was created in 2015: is Microsoft recycling BUGs ?

Just kidding ;-)

4. Windows 10 sept update, version 2004 , key board stopped working, external keyboard is also...

Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004

Did you find a solution?

I had this same problem after "1909" version (3 weeks ago).

Yesterday I got the "2004" version and my keyboard is still not working.

Already made the drivers thingy (at least it helped with the tactile keyboard, never had problems with the mouse with "1909"). I can not believe I will have to work with an external keyboard forever, I mean, c'mon, there must be a solution as I'm not the only
    one.

Also making the reboot and going back to another version doesn't work. I didn't try it of coursre but other people (including near friends) tried it and it didn't work.

Hi, I had a customer who was running 1909 which automatically updated to 2004.

Once updated the USB keyboard and wireless usb mouse stopped working.

In device manager lots of USB devices had issues and was reporting to be missing drivers.

This seemed to just affect input devices as I connected USB drive and that worked.

Luckily this PC had PS2 connectors and I used a seperate laptop to download USB drivers direct from Gigabyte (This was a custom PC) and then used a USB drive to copy the drivers over and installed using a PS2 keyboard which was working and not affected by
    this issue. But overall a lot of stress for my customer and this shouldn't have happened.

Matt

Matthewl79, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 sept update, version 2004 , key board stopped working, external keyboard is also...

1. Windows 10 sept update, version 2004 , key board stopped working, external keyboard is also... - Similar Threads - sept update version

2. My asus gaming laptop keyboard not working on board on screen external also not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My asus gaming laptop keyboard not working on board on screen external also not working...: I share a image this look like this now please help me solve problems My asus gaming laptop keyboard not working on board on screen external also not working some time it work but when I press alphabet keys it's different language help me please what I do now Device : Asus...
  3. My asus gaming laptop keyboard not working on board on screen external also not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My asus gaming laptop keyboard not working on board on screen external also not working...: I share a image this look like this now please help me solve problems My asus gaming laptop keyboard not working on board on screen external also not working some time it work but when I press alphabet keys it's different language help me please what I do now Device : Asus...
  4. WIN key is not working after Windows Update of version 2004.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN key is not working after Windows Update of version 2004.: Today I updated my win 10 version 2004 to the latest updates. After some time my win key stopped working from my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-key-is-not-working-after-windows-update-of/a6d2ef01-8cfb-44d2-8b64-df623cec578d
  5. Keyboard keys are only working as shortcuts keys on the computer also in on board keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys are only working as shortcuts keys on the computer also in on board keyboard.: im lenovo G41-35 notebook user, and got windows 10 Pro When i enter the log in before i proceed i always refresh my pc and clear the temp files. every time i type on the keyboard they always appear the shortcut key from windows shortcut. all troubleshooting that i do is...
  6. keys not working on key board

keys not working on key board: = & ] keys not working on the key board https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-working-on-key-board/7101ce61-2647-4ad1-9a1f-46f6d1ccb726
  7. Update 2004 but also not 2004.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 2004 but also not 2004.: So I had to redo my PC since I was intelligent enough to format the wrong drive when installing POP! Os, it installed 2004 right away, but, here is the thing, it is missing literally every Feature and change done in 2004, I obviously got the newest AMD driver, 20.5.1, No GPU...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004

Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004: I was using windows 10 version 1909.It was running fine but after updating to windows inside progamme .I got version 2004. After Updating to version 2004.After updating.I realized the windows was not detecting my mouse and keyboard.I tried to use windows in recovery mode.But...
  9. why my on sreen key board window 10 stop working

why my on sreen key board window 10 stop working: why my on screen key board window 10 stop working after restore to original manufactory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-on-sreen-key-board-window-10-stop-working/044a18c5-4400-4e32-8550-fa7e8d165fe2
  10. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working: I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume...