Windows 10: windows 10 serach for network files and folder takes so much time ?

Discus and support windows 10 serach for network files and folder takes so much time ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, We have windows 10 surface pro book and we are using in domain based network. We have updated windows 10 1903 and before and after update there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SGSW, Nov 25, 2019.

1. SGSW Win User

windows 10 serach for network files and folder takes so much time ?

Hi,

We have windows 10 surface pro book and we are using in domain based network.

We have updated windows 10 1903 and before and after update there is no any changes found for search network files and folder.

it takes so much time for windows search folder window. please help me out what are the possible reasons to take time for network search.

My NAS box is in the same network we are using for all other users it is working fine for other windows versions.

Please suggest for the same.

We are waiting for positive reply.

Thanks,

WS

:)

2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile windows 10 serach for network files and folder takes so much time ? :)

Frogger, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2019
  4. windows 10 serach for network files and folder takes so much time ?

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

For those that don't have the tray notification.

If you don’t think any of these conditions apply to you, and you’re still not seeing the icon, you can also try running the solution below, which will verify your device meets all the prerequisites and then turn on the Get Windows 10 app:

• Open Notepad
    • Copy the following text and paste it into Notepad:
    REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx

if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

:CompatCheckRunning

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready

if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning

:RunGWX

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"

• Click File, and then Save As
    • In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd

• Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)

• Select the folder you would like to save the file to.For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder.Then click Save.

• Open an elevated command prompt.(From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and selectRun as administrator.)

• Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6.In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:

C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd
    The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.

If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:

For Windows 7 SP1:

KB3035583

KB2952664

For Windows 8.1 Update:

KB3035583

KB2976978

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 serach for network files and folder takes so much time ?

1. windows 10 serach for network files and folder takes so much time ? - Similar Threads - serach network files

2. Win 11 rollback to win 10 takes so much time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 rollback to win 10 takes so much time: Hi I downloaded win 11 4 days ago and i wanted to go back to win 10. I did it through settings and i clicked on "go back to earlier build" i started the process in 14:05 and now its 16:28 and still the process isnt done. Is this a bad thing Please help me...
  3. Win 11 rollback to win 10 takes so much time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 rollback to win 10 takes so much time: Hi I downloaded win 11 4 days ago and i wanted to go back to win 10. I did it through settings and i clicked on "go back to earlier build" i started the process in 14:05 and now its 16:28 and still the process isnt done. Is this a bad thing Please help me...
  4. system files taking so much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    system files taking so much space: so my ssd is 128GB and it was only like 7GB full at first, then i download a game which is 67GB i have over 110GB free and then system files just takes up like 52GB therfore i cant even finish installing th last 10% of the game, anyone know a fix or the reason for this?thanks...
  5. Going back from one folder to the other takes so much time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going back from one folder to the other takes so much time: I am facing an issue, when i go back to the previous folder using back button option then a message reflects on the screen "working on it" and it takes time to go to previous folder. How to rectify it ?...
  6. CMD is so slow and C++ program's compilation takes so much time.

CMD is so slow and C++ program's compilation takes so much time.: Hello, community,I am a student and I regularly code in c++. But Lately, I have been quite frustrated with Windows10, The command prompt is so slow and non-responsive when running programs and the compilation of simple programs takes more time than it should.Recently, I have...
  7. Windows taking so much time to startup

Windows taking so much time to startup: On reboot it shows the manufacturer logo and stays on it for a while and again it shows the windows logo and stays on it a while due to which it takes lots of time to boot up and show my lock screen late. How do I decrease my boot up time ?...
  8. windows 10 local serach bar taking to much time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 local serach bar taking to much time: Hi, After update windows 10 1903 on surface pro book we found search for network files and folder taking to much time. Please suggest us what to do? Thanks, WS...
  9. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...
  10. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...