Windows 10: Windows 10 Serial Key - New Install - Covid-19 Home Project

Discus and support Windows 10 Serial Key - New Install - Covid-19 Home Project in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Helpers I am preparing to install Windows 10 to a new hard drive. I want to install a clean version of windows but don't want to get a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jamie R Logan, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Serial Key - New Install - Covid-19 Home Project

Dear Helpers

I am preparing to install Windows 10 to a new hard drive. I want to install a clean version of windows but don't want to get a new serial as the old HD will be used as a storage device.

My version of windows has been freely upgraded a few times. I made my own PC and have upgraded through the years.

I think it may have started as Vista....!

So I now have "free upgrade" version of windows 10. Is there a way of migrating the serial key over to the new install of windows?

I'm pretty sure all of my old documents have been binned years ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keep safe, wash your hands.

:)

Jamie R Logan, Apr 22, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Thank you, but I still want to know if I can do a clean installation of Windows with my new SSD whilst my old Windows is still installed on the other pc?

MichaelDFF, May 23, 2020
  3. ironwolf Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, May 23, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Serial Key - New Install - Covid-19 Home Project

Microsoft launches free COVID 19 Tracker app for Windows 10

Source and download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ap...j8zkc1wb?irgwc

Brink, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Serial Key - New Install - Covid-19 Home Project

1. Windows 10 Serial Key - New Install - Covid-19 Home Project - Similar Threads - Serial Key Install

2. Is COVID-19 Malware is real

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is COVID-19 Malware is real: i wanna know its real or not, like SarsCov2.exe, and, is it real, i found it in google chrome, and also how to remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-covid-19-malware-is-real/cdd2449d-3074-4bc7-a4a8-91c30ee7b084
  3. Covid 19 tracing app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Covid 19 tracing app: How do I get the government Covid 19 tracing app on my Nokia Lumia 535 smartphone with Windows 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/covid-19-tracing-app/550dc8ab-8305-4950-a892-f37f4ea14ef3
  4. Twitter introduces new labels for misleading COVID-19 Tweets

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter introduces new labels for misleading COVID-19 Tweets: In serving the public conversation, our goal is to make it easy to find credible information on Twitter and to limit the spread of potentially harmful and misleading content. Starting today, we’re introducing new labels and warning messages that will provide...
  5. Microsoft launches free COVID 19 Tracker app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft launches free COVID 19 Tracker app for Windows 10: Bing COVID-19 Tracker has real-time statistics, news and videos about coronavirus, trusted information from reliable sources about the coronavirus disease. You can save locations that you want to track for easy access. This tool is a great resource for getting the latest...
  6. Help the Covid 19 Battle

in Windows 10 Support
    Help the Covid 19 Battle: Some may wish to donate their spare PC computing capability to this effort Coronavirus – What we’re doing and how you can help in simple terms – [email protected] 155082
  7. New COVID-19 malware that will wipe your PC and rewrite your MBR

in Windows 10 News
    New COVID-19 malware that will wipe your PC and rewrite your MBR: With the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic raging all over the globe, some malware authors have developed malware that destroys infected systems, either by wiping files or rewriting a computer's master boot record (MBR). With help from the infosec community, ZDNet has...
  8. Covid-19: Create USB key for remote assistance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Covid-19: Create USB key for remote assistance: Hello I need to help my father in law with is PC with Windows XP. He is confine to protect him again the Covid-19 virus. I can't go visit him. I tried to explain steps for installing AnyDesk, but no success. My Idea, can I create a USB stick that once installed in is PC...
  9. Annoying Covid-19 ad on youtube windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying Covid-19 ad on youtube windows 10 home edition: Has anyone else been noticing these types of public service advertisements regarding Covid-19. I'm sick of this invasive ad appearing in the lower left corner even i only see it on youtube. (i don't even live anywhere in america where this advertisement is targeted at) I...
  10. Google launches new website for COVID-19 information and resources

in Windows 10 News
    Google launches new website for COVID-19 information and resources: Since the beginning of the year, search interest in COVID-19 has continued to climb around the world. Right now the disease is the largest topic people are looking for globally, surpassing even some of the most common and consistent queries we see in Search. [ATTACH] As...