Windows 10: Windows 10/ Server 2016

Discus and support Windows 10/ Server 2016 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win10/Server 2012, 2016 are so freaking painful to work with. I am not happy with MS at all!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by freebird317, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10/ Server 2016

Win10/Server 2012, 2016 are so freaking painful to work with. I am not happy with MS at all!

:)

freebird317, Sep 7, 2018

2. Windows 2016 Nano Server

Hi ,

Can we hibernate the windows 2016 Nano server .

What are the steps to proceed with it.

What are the steps to create nano server with bare metal process.

Thanks

NKG

Nitin K Gupta, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016

Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...s-server-2016/

Cluster Head, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10/ Server 2016

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10/ Server 2016

1. Windows 10/ Server 2016 - Similar Threads - Server 2016

2. Explorer frequently crashes on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer frequently crashes on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter: I have a Windows Server 2016 Datacenter build that has remote desktop services installed and explorer.exe is crashing several times a day for multiple users. I've attempted to create user mode dumps by they only point to microsoft DLL's as being the cause of the problem...
  3. A WBEM query returns no adapters during VMware sysprep for Windows 2016 Server

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A WBEM query returns no adapters during VMware sysprep for Windows 2016 Server: Not sure if this is the right area, if not do you an alternate category where I should post this. During initial power on of a cloned Windows Server 2016 VM, there is a utility run that among other things does a webm query to check for network adapters. "select * from...
  4. Setting up Server 2016 KMS Host for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up Server 2016 KMS Host for Windows 10: I'm trying to set up a Server 2016 KMS host for activation of Windows 10. Getting Error: 0xC004F015 I get the error using the GUI with Volume Activation Tools and I also get the error when trying to run the command line "slmgr.vbs /ipk [KMS License] Can you not set up the...
  5. Unable to connect to Remote Computer using Remote Desktop after updating Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to connect to Remote Computer using Remote Desktop after updating Windows Server 2016: After download of monthly update to server 2016 and restarting ,remote desktop cannot connect to rempte computer. Need help urgently ***Original title: After download of monthly update and restarting,remote desktop cannot connect to rempte computer***...
  6. Offline Update for Windows Defender Antimalware Server 2016

Offline Update for Windows Defender Antimalware Server 2016: Can anyone please help me out? I have a standalone network with no outside connectivity, our vulnerability scanner keeps hitting our Server 2016 box with a hit regarding the Antimalware Malware version being outdated. I need to find a place I can download the full offline...
  7. server 2016 fails to backup desktop after win 10 upgrade to 1809

server 2016 fails to backup desktop after win 10 upgrade to 1809: server 2016 fails to backup a couple of my machines after the win10 upgrade to 1809 the problem seems to be recovery partition on the C: drive - it no longer has a drive letter mark...
  8. Server 2016 with a WiFi adapter broadcasts a SSID that you can connect directly to the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server 2016 with a WiFi adapter broadcasts a SSID that you can connect directly to the...: I have a wifi adapter on an instance of Server 2016 which I typically use to connect to various networks. Which works fine, however it also publishes its own SSID of the Machine name and no credentials. This needs to be turned off, but I can not find anything that even admits...
  9. Microsoft self-paced lab for Virtualization on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft self-paced lab for Virtualization on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 not loading: I'm trying to launch online lab titled Exploring Virtualization on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 - WS00145. When I click the "Launch" button and enter required info (my MS login etc.) it takes me to the following screen that stays as blank black screen and nothing else...
  10. Port Security in Windows Server 2016

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Security in Windows Server 2016: in my domain server 2016 after using net stat we figured out many open udp ports and also port 0 is open my question is we want to gain more secured environment so what are the list of must be open ports in tcp and in udp in order to gain secured an stable working...